bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 23rd Jan 2013, 17:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Joe Says Goodbye to Bit-tech

Hey,

I don't know if any of you have heard the news from Harry's big mouth, but I'm now moving on to pastures new. I've been a journalist for going on seven years now and the majority of that has been spent on Bit-tech in some regard, but it's finally time to move on. As of yesterday I've accepted a job outside of games, journalism or any combination of the two.

There's a lot of reasons for the change, but I don't really want to go into the toxicity of games journalism culture right now. Instead I wanted to say thanks to the Bit-tech community and staff - especially Tim and Bindi, who basically mentored me. Ever since I started here ages ago you guys have been a great source of feedback and advice and I've tried my best to learn what I can. I hope I wasn't crap at my job all of the time.

So, yeah. I'll be active on Twitter, my blog and my podcast if anyone wants to keep in touch.

Thanks for all the cheesecake!
Joe

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 17:58   #2
fuus
Rocking All Year Christmas

fuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyanfuus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You've had a nice stint Joe! Good luck with any future venture of yours, I'm sure it'll be excellent!
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 17:58   #3
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sorry to see you go Joe

Pop your head in from time to time eh?
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 17:59   #4
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
It's been great reading your articles, you had a very refreshing viewpoint compared to many
reviewers. I hope you aren't leaving the forums though!
If it's not too personal, what job are you moving to?
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:02   #5
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck with the new job, seems crazy you have been around for so long.
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:05   #6
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
I already follow you on twitter, so you can go to hell if you think I am going to read your blog...

Not but seriously, good luck with the new job. Are you going to remain an active member of the forums, as a moderation or peasant like myself?
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:10   #7
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck with everything!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:11   #8
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Guessing this is to do with the mental amount of paying off of reviews that goes on? Is it as bad as people like Eurogamer say?

Good luck with new job, always enjoyed your reviews and have been reading them for what feels like forever!
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:13   #9
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
got a job at Asus as well as the others? lol!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:14   #10
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Asus Marketing? lol

With the very best intentions, all the very best Joe, your reviews have been utterly divine and always a sheer pleasure to have read. Has it really been that long? Time flies..
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:14   #11
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
sourly going to miss your articles and do not stay away too long.
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:34   #12
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Loved your reviews Joe, that was always my first check before I would buy something, great style and honesty. Have fun whatever you're doing!
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:35   #13
roblikesbeer
Bindi's sex slave.

roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bye Joe, love you!
Intel Core i5 3570K ¦ Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ¦ 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 ¦ 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC edition ¦ 256Gb Crucial M4 ¦ 2Tb Seagate ST2000DM001 ¦ Win 7 Home Premium 64bit ¦ Hiper Osiris case ¦ 1440x900 19" Monitor ¦ Xbox 360 Elite
roblikesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:42   #14
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
Goodbye! you leaving the forum as well?
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:44   #15
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
All the best in the future Joe
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:47   #16
Andre_B
Supermodder

Andre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All the best!
Andre_B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:48   #17
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm guessing your new gig is a professional historical re-enactor on the renaissance faire circuit, and you'll be in pirate garb challenging faire-goers to rounds of insult sword fighting.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:57   #18
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sorry to see you go Joe, although I am following you on twitter so I'm sure your crazy anecdotes will continue to entertain me for some time. I was always a huge fan of your articles on Bit-Tech.

Best of luck to you!
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:10   #19
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ahh damn. There goes another games-journalist, who doesn't allways pleases the devs and publishers of the games he's reviewing, but actually writes his own thoughts down.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:21   #20
YEHBABY
Self made Billionnaire

YEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming SaiyanYEHBABY is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sorry to see you go. Best wishes for the future

NAS: QNAP TS-670 Pro. 2 x 4TB WD RED
YEHBABY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipster games journalist, joe secretly loves cod!, joe's my baby daddy, leaver!, no he's my baby daddy

View Mode