bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:27   #21
MrDomRocks
All Men Must Die.

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
As long as #wordsjoeknows still happens on twitter then that's all that matters.

Good luck with the future Joe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:31   #22
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You gave Chime 10/10 so you must be a decent guy. Good luck in the future.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:04   #23
crazyg1zm0
I *am* a Dremel

crazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youcrazyg1zm0 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Good Luck with your future endevours Joe. Am now following you on twitter.
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:55   #24
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ciao bella
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 19:57   #25
TheBlackSwordsMan
Custard & Fish Fingers

TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.TheBlackSwordsMan is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
Ciao bella
It's 'Ciao bello', he is a male....or is he ?
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 20:08   #26
Hardware150
Multimodder

Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hardware150 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
As someone who still thinks of Joe as the new guy, this is a shock. Good luck and all the best Joe, hope you do well in all your future efforts. You're going to be missed.
Hardware150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 21:09   #27
deathtaker27
TechHead

deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck, enjoy the cheesecake, and if you ever want harsh brutal criticism our doors are always open
deathtaker27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 21:43   #28
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oh, man. Responses. Thanks for the kind words all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
Guessing this is to do with the mental amount of paying off of reviews that goes on? Is it as bad as people like Eurogamer say?
The ethics debate stuff was bothersome - and I was one of the people who bought it up and raised the issue, actually. I'd be lying is I said he toxicity and terrible defences that came about afterwards didn't make me re-assess things.

I feel like I try to do proper journalism; checking sources, taking and giving feedback and trying to oppose bad things. The ethics debate made it clear that a lot of people were being consciously lazy and getting away with it. I spent six months combing through academic journals, chasing leads, paying fees and working with my editor for this article, for example. Yet, others were copy-pasting transparently false rumours for more money, less effort and greater access within the industry.

There's some good stuff out there still, but **** games journalism, generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21 View Post
Got a job at Asus as well as the others? lol!
Nope! Though I did see Bindi the other day for the first time in ages and was tempted to try and leverage an offer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblikesbeer View Post
Bye Joe, love you!
Love you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
As long as #wordsjoeknows still happens on twitter then that's all that matters.
Don't worry. My incessant tweeting is a force of nature. I've actually been to press events before where people have known me for #JoesLunch rather than Bit-tech or Custom PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSwordsMan View Post
It's 'Ciao bello', he is a male....or is he ?
The joystick is a bit of a giveaway, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware150 View Post
As someone who still thinks of Joe as the new guy, this is a shock. Good luck and all the best Joe, hope you do well in all your future efforts. You're going to be missed.
Thanks. Even after five or six years here I still think of myself as the new guy too. Harry meanwhile is like the work experience kid. Matt is his cooler, younger brother.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 21:48   #29
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
Joe who?

pffhahahaha, I'm just kiddin'

Good luck in your new job
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 22:23   #30
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Really enjoyed your articles and reviews. Always loved getting an honest and hands on take on games, something that's increasingly hard to find in professional journalism. Good luck with your future work!
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 22:34   #31
RedFlames
Bringer of Meh

RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck in your future endeavours Joe.

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 23:51   #32
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Absolute best of luck Joe, I can safely say you've been a rock of games reviews these past few years, you will be missed...
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 23:57   #33
TheDodoKiller
Supermodder

TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.
Whatever you're ending up doing. Do it and be good at it. Farewell to one of the best, and fairest, most correct games journo's I've read.
- AMD 1090T OC'd at 3.6 Ghz - Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Reference Asus 6950/70 - Silverstone FT02 B-W - Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Kingston HyperX 1600 Ram 4GB - Coolermaster V8 -
TheDodoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 00:10   #34
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The best to you in the future, Joe. Don't be a stranger or is it don't get any stranger?
Old 24th Jan 2013, 00:46   #35
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck on your endeavors Joe, I've enjoyed your reviews over the years and bought quite a few games based on your recommendations. Shame you couldn't take me up on that PS3 debugging station.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 08:10   #36
Constructacon
Constructing since 1978

Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.Constructacon is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry to see you go. You've been a breath of honest air in the games review world.

MAME Over - Custom built arcade cabinet.
This season's mod - The New Black
Also modded - "Got Milk?"
Constructacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 08:35   #37
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Since you started around the time I was getting into games and bit-tech I always feel like I've sort of grown up with you joe!

I'll miss your honesty and your ability to take writing about games to a different place than most. Its been clear you haven't been entirely happy in the job for a while now though.

Unfortunately another chip off the ever decreasing bit-tech block, wish you all the luck possible and I hope you find your happy place.
Cromps
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:08   #38
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Good Luck, Joe.

Even when my gaming virtually stopped, I looked to your reviews more than anywhere else for guidance.
It's been a great run (and for the record: you were dead on in the MW3 vs BF3 discussion we had back then - now that I have played both).
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:19   #39
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
*sniff* I'm so bad at goodbyes. Although we never spoke you always gave the games I like good reviews. Or was it the other way around?
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:23   #40
tyepye
Hypermodder

tyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpittyepye is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Good luck Joe.

I hope you keep your podcast going, it's brilliant!
Desktop: Zotac Z68ITX-A-E/Intel Core i3-2100/Corsair H100 (Push/Pull Stock Fans)/Antec TruePower New 650W/8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz/2GB EVGA GTX 750Ti/Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD & Crucial 256GB M4 SSD/BitFenix Prodigy/Samsung SM206BW & Samsung SM2032MW/Logitech Illuminated Keyboard/Logitech Performance Mouse MX
Tablet: Nook HD+ 16GB/CM 11/32GB MicroSDHC/Kainy for remote gaming
tyepye is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipster games journalist, joe secretly loves cod!, joe's my baby daddy, leaver!, no he's my baby daddy

View Mode