bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 24th Jan 2013, 11:21   #41
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
All the best in the future Joe.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 13:15   #42
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck, and thanks for all the...refreshing reviews
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 13:55   #43
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good luck Joe, I'll miss your reviews (and (edit: Gaming) podcasts, assuming that your not going to do any more???).

Curious now to know what your switching to, if it's nothing to do with either games or jornalism

Think I'll need to cull some of the people I follow on Twitter, I only use it once in a while now as I started finding it a chore. Either that or I need to find a good Twitter client to filter the tweets.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Cheesecake!

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 14:12   #44
ashchap
Supermodder

ashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyanashchap is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Goodbye, I hope you do keep the podcast going - a beacon of games journalism hope!
ashchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 14:35   #45
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Good luck in your new role dude!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 16:28   #46
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
Good luck Joe, I'll miss your reviews (and (edit: Gaming) podcasts, assuming that your not going to do any more???).
I'm going to carry on with my own podcast, Unlimited Hyperbole. The next season will be a bit delayed still, but Harriet and I just got out of our latest interview actually - so it's definitely going ahead.

I won't be posting about them on Bit-tech though, probably. Subscribe or bookmark my blog to stay current. And thanks!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 20:00   #47
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Goodbye man. Do keep around though, because you are still one of the best games journalist I've seen in a while.
Old 24th Jan 2013, 21:57   #48
digitaldunc
I'm d-d-d-d-digital

digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton View Post
Goodbye man. Do keep around though, because you are still one of the best games journalist I've seen in a while.
Agreed. Seems like you're really on my wavelength with games. Picked up Dear Esther and FTL in part based on your reviews and I wasn't disappointed.

Good luck.
Event-horizon: i7 2600K @ 4.5 @ ~1.3v | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 9-10-9-24-2T | 2 x 580 1.5Gb (SLI) 772/1002 | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Crucial M4 256Gb | Spinpoint F3 1TB | Corsair HX1000 | ZM-MFC1 Fan controller | XSPC Dual res | 2 x DDC 18W | Black ice stealth 360 | ThermoChill PA120.4 | EK Supreme HF Nickel | 2 x EK 580 Plexi | 7 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM | Modded TJ07
digitaldunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:19   #49
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldunc View Post
Agreed. Seems like you're really on my wavelength with games. Picked up Dear Esther and FTL in part based on your reviews and I wasn't disappointed.

Good luck.
Glad you liked them - I adore those games.

And if you're in to little recommendations then one developer I never shouted about enough on here was Wolfire. That team is currently working on a big combat game, but they've also got some small game-jam ideas out too.

Receiver, which you get for pre-ordering their next game, is a fantastic little game that I've played more than most big titles this year - it's a shooter which simulates the gun down the smallest possible degree. So, for example, if you want to reload then you can't just press R - you have to take out the mag, holster the gun, insert new bullets, unholster...etc.

Their other, totally free game, is Desperate Gods. It's a brilliant recognisation of why board games don't work when turned into computer games - because they have rules instead of social contracts.

Another little game they made I like is Black Shades - a score-based bodyguard shooter. Great for short bursts.

Really. At the very least get a few friends together online one night and try Desperate Gods. Vid and links below.

http://www.wolfire.com/desperate-gods
http://www.wolfire.com/receiver
http://www.wolfire.com/black-shades

Man. You really can't stop me journalising.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:26   #50
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
And if you're in to little recommendations then one developer I never shouted about enough on here was Wolfire. That team is currently working on a big combat game, but they've also got some small game-jam ideas out too.
^This * 1000.
Their youtube diary is really interesting too, it's amazing to see how much time they invest in seemingly small details to get it just right.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 13:54   #51
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sorry to see you going, Joe. I'm sure you'll succeed in your new endeavour, if you bring a scrap of the integrity you displayed in your articles for Bit and CPC.

Best wishes!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube

Last edited by Spreadie; 25th Jan 2013 at 21:44.
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 21:20   #52
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
What can I say but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware150 View Post
As someone who still thinks of Joe as the new guy, this is a shock. Good luck and all the best Joe, hope you do well in all your future efforts. You're going to be missed.
This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Really enjoyed your articles and reviews. Always loved getting an honest and hands on take on games, something that's increasingly hard to find in professional journalism. Good luck with your future work!
And That ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK] crompers View Post
...Unfortunately another chip off the ever decreasing bit-tech block, wish you all the luck possible and I hope you find your happy place.
Cromps
And that ^ too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
Sorry to see you going, Joe. I'm sure you'll succeed in your new endeavour, if you bring a scrap of the integrity you displayed your articles for Bit and CPC.

Best wishes!
And finally that ^.
Old 26th Jan 2013, 21:16   #53
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
Yeah, good luck in all future endeavours Joe.
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 00:32   #54
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just remember - Outside of the journalism world it's frowned upon to "accidentally" strangle a hooker.

Good luck with your new avenue of employment!
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 01:40   #55
Ryu_ookami
I write therefore I suffer.

Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
good luck Joe

On a side note can I be the first to apply for his job LMAO
Ryu_ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 04:58   #56
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Nope! Though I did see Bindi the other day for the first time in ages and was tempted to try and leverage an offer...
I gave his bum a squeeze instead

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 12:28   #57
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck Mr Martin!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2013, 15:00   #58
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Bah! I'm away from BT for about a week and THIS happens... Apparently I cannot turn my back on BT for even a lousy week.

Well, all the best wishes from me for your future endeavours, Joe! Your work here has been much appreciated! Don't be a stranger on the forums now, please.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 02:33   #59
m0o0oeh
Tech noob. I know.

m0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All the best for the future Joe, I just wanted to thank you for the advice and comments you've given me over the last few months. I hope things go for you as well as they can.

Mac Quiksilver 733, 768 SDRAM, NVidia GeForce 2MX 32 Mb RAM. "Dr. Horrible"
Acer Aspire One A150, 1.66 Intel Atom, 1 gig DDR2 RAM. "Captain Hammer"
m0o0oeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:47   #60
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Games reviews won't be the same without your refreshing view-points Joe! Enjoy whichever new career you've embarked upon.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipster games journalist, joe secretly loves cod!, joe's my baby daddy, leaver!, no he's my baby daddy

View Mode