bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:23   #21
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
I will say the reason I spend so much time gaming or online is because I spent this past year unemployed, a few months work here and there and nothing much else. I currently work sixteen hours a week. And being single I don't do much else.

I do need something or someone to distract me and make me unplug but there is nothing at the moment.

I also enjoy making videos for youtube of the gameplay etc so that's something more than just gaming I guess.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:25   #22
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshsandwiches View Post
I'm tailing back on my gaming too. I'm 33 and I like to try different games. There are only a few that I stick with though. I've got a job that takes all my focus, games are a nice escape and that's probably why I still play them. Definitely a casual PC gamer now.

Coincidently, I've just picked my guitar up again. I'm going for group lessons though. One on one is too expensive, but I think I need to be shown. Everyone learns differently.

I'd be interested in any you tube videos fellow learners are using.
These two are rather good and I use them...

http://www.youtube.com/user/honeYbee0053/videos?view=0

http://www.youtube.com/user/nailguitar/videos?view=0

Additionally I use several other sites, like these...

http://guitar.about.com/library/blgu...sonarchive.htm

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guitar/...s_Song_Library

http://www.8notes.com/guitar_chord_chart/

http://www.learn-acoustic-guitar.com/

... and whatever I can find via google ^^

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:26   #23
hugo60
Multimodder

hugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Have you considered League of Legends or Dota 2? LoL wasn't really my thing but i'm just getting into Dota 2 and it's really enjoyable. There's a huge amount of replay-ability because there is so much depth that every game plays out differently.

I guess if you are looking for something to play casually it might not be a good idea because they are pretty daunting to get into, but the matchmaking seems to do a good job of putting you with others at your skill level. Might be worth a shot if it's something you haven't tried before.
hugo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:37   #24
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo60 View Post
Have you considered League of Legends or Dota 2? LoL wasn't really my thing but i'm just getting into Dota 2 and it's really enjoyable. There's a huge amount of replay-ability because there is so much depth that every game plays out differently.

I guess if you are looking for something to play casually it might not be a good idea because they are pretty daunting to get into, but the matchmaking seems to do a good job of putting you with others at your skill level. Might be worth a shot if it's something you haven't tried before.
I'm not really a fan of anything F2P with added cashshops. I'm either playing B2P or P2P games, as anything else just turns out to be "pay to win".

Also, I'm rather tired of FPS or RTS-titles as there's nothing new besides the graphics and settings. Since C&C and UT/Quake nothing has really changed besides the level of graphical details.

Machinarium was a nice little game, as it was something different.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:47   #25
hugo60
Multimodder

hugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
I'm not really a fan of anything F2P with added cashshops. I'm either playing B2P or P2P games, as anything else just turns out to be "pay to win".
That is what partly put me off League. Dota 2 doesn't have this though. The only items in the cash shop are cosmetic and a lot of them you can get for free as random rewards after games anyway(AFAIK). I didn't expect to like it at all when I used to hear about friends playing it, but after looking into it I changed my mind completely.

There are loads of free keys about atm so it couldn't hurt to try it? Just make sure you watch/read a few tutorials before you play if you decide to PM me if you want a key.
hugo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 03:05   #26
B_HERB
What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

B_HERB has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Money nor time are the problem. It's more a problem of nothing peaking my interest anymore really.

And for MMORPGs spoiling the fun of other genres, well... that could be actually. I'm not interested at all in singleplayer-games for quiet a few years now, and the only game I've played solo was Borderlands 1+2, when my buddies were not around/online, and the other would be GT5 aslong as it took me to play through, whioch was quiet some time.

I guess I'm looking too hard for a game that is as massive and freeform as EvE was/is, and nothing really ever came anywhere close to it during the last 8 years.
In the same boat as you, mate. Today the gaming world consists of endless sequels and recycled, cliche-ridden storylines....not to mention dumbed-down gameplay and crap graphics on PC. THERE IS STILL HOPE, however.....

I'd check out kickstarter if I were you...lots of cool games being developed through player-funding on that site. I'm certain you'll find some projects that interest you. I see you mentioned you're an EVE player....you should check out Star Citizen or Elite: Dangerous, which are both in development.
B_HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 07:51   #27
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_612 View Post
Fundamentally, we crave new experiences, to one extent or an other.

Windows movie maker + some appropriately copyright licensed music + some footage = simple montage. The issue is mostly watching it all back rather than making it (for me at least), but is nice just to chill out and go, "**** yeah that 3 seconds was awesome, the last 5 mins of pain dosn't matter anymore." Have you recorded anything yet? If not I could give you some links to my secret footage I've uploaded, see if it inspires you.

Thanks Jester,

I am very keen to try this but everything I read points to sony vegas or adobe for the software (kerching)
Also need the recording software but which one?

Feel free to point me to your links aswell
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 09:31   #28
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gaming today is so boring. Almost all the games are the same.
I still play a game that came out in 2004 which I still thoroughly enjoy. Tried all the new ones and don't enjoy them.
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 09:42   #29
Jake123456
All hail Olivia Wilde!!

Jake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm trying to record Camstudio, but it doesn't pick up in game sounds

Anyway, I found gaming boring for a month or so then it just perks up again and my interest is focused on just playing games.

I think it has nothing to do with age wise really..More commitments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:00   #30
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Also, I'm rather tired of FPS or RTS-titles as there's nothing new besides the graphics and settings. Since C&C and UT/Quake nothing has really changed besides the level of graphical details.

Machinarium was a nice little game, as it was something different.
RTS- Nothing has changed since C&C - wrong. Try Total War or Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. Upcoming in this genre is Planetary Annihilation, which allows you to zoom from individual battles at ground level, out to take in the whole planet, solar system and then entire galaxies.

UT/Quake - Battlefield 3 - as you said, looks amazing, has a great variety of weapons, massive environments, huge tank battles, F16 dogfights and Apache strafing runs.

Though, as I mentioned above, both of those games are best played with your mates!

To be honest people saying 'games these days are boring - they are just rehashes of old games' kind of annoys me, because I've played all those old games too, and the new games are just as enjoyable - and a clear evolution of the genre. Its usually just down to the person being less of a wide eyed kid and more of a miserable old git. Instead, I've turned into a veteran, I know what it is I like, and I put aside time to play these games/genres with my friends whenever we can (not as often as we'd probably like these days).

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:04   #31
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
33 here and I have been gaming from the days of the BBC mirco all the way through to the present and I still enjoy it although I do not dedicate anywhere near as much time as I used too. I do believe you reach an age were a lot of the games we are seeing now are often inferior rehashes of what came before or the industry has matured to a level were things that are genuinely new and exciting are rare these days. I also go through phases of being a social gamer or a complete hermit where I just want to bury myself in a good single player.

If you haven't tried them yet than I would highly recommend the Witcher 1 and 2. Both excellent games with hours of adult gameplay and are a bargain at the moment. Witcher 1 looks a bit dated but you get past that very quickly one you start playing. For a cheap short gaming blast have a go at Hotline Miami. It mixes the best of todays gaming with the best of the past and reminds you why you game in the first place. Lastly have you tried DayZ? It is probably the most unique gaming experience I have had for a long, long time.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:05   #32
sniperdude
Supermodder

sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.sniperdude is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
But for the most part I can't play single player games for any long period of time. Hell even when I do I am usually on Mumble chatting and listening to rap music while wearing my big gold medallion and cap so I look cool.

Simply because I enjoy the MP aspect, just broke 800 hours of rage quiting in Battlefield 3. And some of the most fun times have been with friends who find it amusing to edit my forum posts with the truth. Hell whether we are winning its because we cheated or loosing because we forget to switch on out aim bots, its still fun

fixed it for you mate.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:07   #33
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
I've been playing games for the last 20 years, and I'm in no direction to stop, or even slow down. True that many of the newer titles are stale and reworked again and again, there is innovation here and there.

At the moment I'm waiting for Watch Dogs to come out as that has a lot of promise to do something new and different.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:39   #34
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nothing seems to hold my attention either these days. Realistically I can't dedicate more than an hour to a game in one go any more without feeling the need for a break. Even games I'm really hyped for can't keep me playing for more than an hour really with a few exceptions.

Currently I'm playing on and off:

Farcry 3 - It's good but it simply doesn't hold my attention. After 45 minutes I just can't be bothered any more.

XCOM: Enemy unknown - Played it for about 4 hours but had to stop and just haven't gone back to it yet

DOTA 2 - I prefer watching tournaments than actually playing it

SC2 - Again I like watching pro games more than palying the multiplayer. The campaign is amazing though.

The only game other than SC2 HOTS I'm looking forward to in Blizzard All Starts. It ticks alot of the boxes that i want in a MOBA and deals with a lot of the issues. That is assuming it ever comes out and lives up to its promises.

I think my case is one of burnout more than out growing gaming.
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 11:12   #35
halfinched
Multimodder

halfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpithalfinched is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I don't know about you but I just don't seem to have the time. Having moved in with my gf there is always something that either needs doing or we are doing together. The rare chances I do get to play are generally spent trying to relearn the controls of games I started then put down or remember what I was trying to do and where it was. Usually by the time I've conquered those issues gaming time is over and it's back to square one. I've managed to play through Xcom a few times and still pick up LOL although I always seem to play the character I know now rather than trying the new ones.

The games you can pick up and play instantly aren't deep enough to be interesting and the games that are interesting you can't really pick up and play instantly. It's no win situation for me it seems but I still delude myself into thinking that there are games I'd enjoy out there given the chance - a few of which are sat on my shelves / hdd gathering dust. Hitman Absolution unopened, assasins creed 3 - played mp for half a day with mate who bought me it for xmas, batman arkham city started but not finished - and gf bought me expansion for xmas!

Basically I need another me to send to work or training or to do things with the gf so that the other me has time to commit to playing games!
halfinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 12:06   #36
Coltch
Multimodder

Coltch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The only newish game I play is Skyrim, the PC is mostly used for music & films, although I do have a go on F1 2011/GRID/PES 2010 with my son.

Most of my gaming is now on one of my Amiga/Speccy's or emulating other 8/16 bit/Arcade games on the PC.
Old 25th Jan 2013, 13:54   #37
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I am 44 this year (ouch!) and I still love games as much as I always did. The difference is the type of games I want to play has changed as has the time and opportunity to play them. One of the problems for me is that I have seen just about every genre over the years and very little surprises me any more. Especially in the last five years or so, games have become more generic, relied more on set pieces and big budget movie scenes and have become 'less fun'.

My fingers can no longer manage games with endless combo streaks and complicated drawn out boss fights and to be honest, these games don't interest me anyway.

One of the reasons I love the Arma series so much is that the experience is almost always different every time. I can play a SP mission and approach it in one of a thousand ways, in multiplayer the options are even more varied. It manages to hold my interest because of this, and I love it, and probably will for a long time to come.

Also, as I have got older I have found myself wanting to play more and more open world games and games that have multiple routes to the 'end game'. Games like Skyrim, which although scripted, does allow me to choose my own path through the game. Assasin's Creed, just for the ability to explore and get lost in the world or GTAIV which allows me to follow a great story while at the same time having a huge involvement in it.

Games I used to enjoy like XCOM, I found I don't anymore as I can now, with experience, tell when the AI is flawed or when the mechanic is overly simple an monotonous.

The future is bright though. We have Elite and Star Citizen to look forward to. I am also looking forward to Godus - which if done correctly may reinvigorate my interest in God Games.

There's also a bunch of new hardware to look forward to...

I have the WiiU and I look forward to seeing how developers push the asymmetric gaming possibilities with the WiiU 'tablet'. ZombieU was an excellent example of what can be achieved in this regard and it's a shame that so far it is the only title that really tried to use it to its potential.

I have the OUYA to look forward to as well - I am interested to see what comes of that and whether it really will open up the gaming platform for indie developers.

Then there is the Steam Box, Xbox720 and PS4 - all of these should allow brave developers (and braver publishers) to push the boundaries of gaming. Although part of me suspects that we will see the same old same old but with more movie sequences and flashier set pieces - I hope not though.

Lastly, there is Kickstarter. This has shown that good games can be funded and made. I am hoping that Kickstarter will show the industry in general that they do not have to rely on 'safe bets' and Formula driven design to maximize on ROI.

In general though I think that innovation has been lost in the last few years which is probably why my own interest in gaming has become more cynical and hence maybe given me less enjoyment than it should. All the ingredients are there to make the future rosy - it is down to the industry to grab itself by the balls and take a leap of faith once in a while.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 14:18   #38
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll only be too old to enjoy a good game when I can a) no longer see well enough, or b) my hands become twisted and contorted with arthritis.

As long as genuinely good games get released, I'll find a few hours a week to escape from reality. Finding time is the hardest bit now though
Old 25th Jan 2013, 15:06   #39
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wouldn't say it's age, per-say - But responsibilities.

At least in my case, nowadays I have much more to actually do, and things that need doing more than gaming does. In reality, I perhaps play 4-5 hours of video games a month now, and that will be on a rare sunday where I have no other plans/desires to do other things.

I can only figure that, as time goes by and you gain more life responsibilities that the "having game based fun" side just starts ebbing away. I know I resent the notion of starting a game if I might have to go out and do something that I actually need to do within a few hours, so I find something else to do.

I guess as we get older we get a touch more cynical and suspect of new things, and don't really want to play it because it looks the same as something we fondly remember, but worse.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2013, 15:09   #40
Scroome
Hypermodder

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My partner is 10 years older than me (38) and told me the other day that's he's starting to go off gaming.

When he told me, he said my face looked like I had just discovered a dead prossie under the floor boards.

He said that, but then two weeks later he's jumping up and down like a school girl when pre-ordering Sim City 5. He then proceeds to pre-order me Dead Space 3 and Colonial marines because 'he likes watching me play games'.

I rolled my eyes and told him that gaming is like prison. You can escape it for a while, but it will always find a way of getting you back.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote