bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Jan 2013, 11:20   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Tranquil PC launches passive cases for Intel's NUC

All-aluminium design provides silent operation.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...tranquil-nuc/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 16:45   #2
Sc0rian
Here comes the farmer

Sc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run Crysis
love fanlesstech, found the site through bit-tech, now watch it quite often.

This case looks awesome. Would like dual nic though!
Old 28th Jan 2013, 16:46   #3
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Complain to Intel. This is just a case .
Old 28th Jan 2013, 18:04   #4
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Alltogether with the intel-board, some RAM and the mSATA SSD you're looking at a €600 fansless miniPC.

Not sure if woth it, but very nice.

Stop using social networks and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 18:20   #5
faugusztin

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well, Mac mini with the same CPU is 629€, so the price still wouldn't be that bad.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 22:57   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm very tempted by the D33217GKE - 200 for a Core i3 and super-tiny motherboard isn't bad. 99 for a case seems steep, but I suppose the Akasa Enimga cost over 60 so passive technology included isn't bad.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2013, 23:27   #7
faugusztin

But on other side the version with their own case is cheaper :
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...r3-2x-hdmi-g-b
Old 29th Jan 2013, 11:19   #8
Jim
Ineptimodder

Jim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
But on other side the version with their own case is cheaper :
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...r3-2x-hdmi-g-b
Of course it is.

Tranquil make virtually all of their cases now from solid aluminium, and basically turn the entire case into a massive heatsink.

Comparing it to a few bits of plastic glued together is pointless.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 11:54   #9
FullThrottleRic
Minimodder

FullThrottleRic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
Comparing it to a few bits of plastic glued together is pointless.
The standard NUC chassis is actually a really nice bit of kit, the sides are (from what I can tell) aluminium and there's a steel inner frame too. It's only the top that's the shiny plastic to let the wifi in and out, overall it feels really solid and well made.

Also at idle the standard cooler is properly quiet, and when it does turn the fan up it's not really that loud
FullThrottleRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2013, 12:19   #10
faugusztin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
Of course it is.
I meant that as a reaction to Combatus and him thinking about the separate board and buying Akasa Enigma - which is IMO pointless. Either get the NUC in the original case, or the board & this Tranquil case.

Tags
aluminium, home theatre pc, htpc, intel, media centre, next unit of computing, nuc, passive cooling, tranquil nuc, tranquil pc, vesa mount