bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Nov 2013, 18:38   #1
flix
Multimodder

flix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for president
Project "illogical"

Hey guys,
I want to introduce you my new project.
After building a few casemods in the last years I want to build a big scratch build.
I dont want to do any compromise, so this project will become very huge

Hardware I will use:

- MOTHERBOARD: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
- CPU: Intel i7-4960x
- VGA: actually i have 4x GTX 470 - I think I will replace them with some R9 290
- RAM: ???
- PSU: Lepa G 1600

Wasserkühlung:
- 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm
- 1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 560mm
- 2x Alphacool VPP655
- 11x Enermax UCTB14B
- EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Copper
- EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal + Backplate
- Bitspower BP-MBWP-C48 und BP-MBWP-C47
- 2x EK-RES X3 250

Big thanks to Enermax, Lepa and Aquatuning.

A first Sketch of what we will see here:

I'm very proud to announce the first sponsor for this project:

Aquatuning:

Enermax:

Lepa:

Thanks a lot

Last edited by flix; 23rd Nov 2013 at 21:33.
flix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2013, 18:40   #2
flix
Multimodder

flix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for presidentflix should be considered for president
First pics of progess:

Some sheets of metal I ordered, 1000x500x5mm, 1000x500x3mm, 1000x500x1mm perforated metal and 2x 1000x1000x1,5mm(not in the pic)

I cutted the 5mm sheet into shape (750x245mm)

After that i cutted some profiles:

My temporary router table :

milled the profiles

and cutted the other profiles:

I think I need to hurry up a little bit
Old 15th Nov 2013, 21:31   #3
flix
Multimodder

Yesterday wasnt a good modding day...
I want to assamble the profiles and the front and backplate. I need to drill some threads, but at the second hole the tap is broken...

Today I tried to be a little bit more productive.
I have finished the profiles for the corners.

fits really well

See you the next days
Old 16th Nov 2013, 01:11   #4
Attila
still thinking....

Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hand routing channels and the ends of alu bars? Plus one for hardcore modding.
Old 17th Nov 2013, 23:16   #5
flix
Multimodder

Thanks a lot
Yes they are routed by hand.
Old 18th Nov 2013, 03:16   #6
Primum Agmen
Modder

Primum Agmen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mm delicious aluminium scratch builds.
Primum Agmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2013, 03:22   #7
Tom Newham
What's a Dremel?

Tom Newham has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This looks like an interesting build. Will keep checking in.

Another +1 for hand milling aluminium!
Tom Newham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2013, 10:59   #8
Elledan
Hypermodder

Elledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run Crysis
Milling in itself is awesome, but doing it by hand gets massive kudos

Good luck with this build!
"Psychology is just meta-hacking an OS that was randomly bashed out by a million monkeys on typewriters over a few billion years and runs on constantly changing, badly shielded hardware with a lot of legacy design issues. I think." - Nexxo
www.mayaposch.com - my site and blog.
www.nyanko.ws - my company's site.
Elledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2013, 15:21   #9
flix
Multimodder

Thank you guys
Meanwhile I know what Hardware I will use, take a look at the first post.
Old 20th Nov 2013, 15:37   #10
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looking good so far, extra kudos for hand routing the bars
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2013, 15:56   #11
flix
Multimodder

tanks
but just the ends of the bars are routed by hand, the rest is made with a mechanical stop.
Old 20th Nov 2013, 16:04   #12
Shuttlemodder
I *am* a Dremel

Shuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Are you using a wood blade in the chop saw?

I've always wondered about that for cutting aluminium!
Shuttlemodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Nov 2013, 16:17   #13
flix
Multimodder

no, the blades are special for alumnium, but I use wood-millers with my router
Old 6th Dec 2013, 17:59   #14
flix
Multimodder

The last days I was very busy couse of university.
I try to go on modding a little bit faster from now on

The profiles a screwed to the backplate but not to the frontplate.
I already orderd two R9 290 but the coil whine is so damn noisy...
Old 6th Dec 2013, 18:27   #15
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just an FYI, if you havent pre-ordered a Rampage Black i would suggets perhaps looking at an alternative SKU. OcUK have sold app 4x what was shipped to the whole of the UK and many more times than allocation allowed. I am sure Scan are in a similar position too. So yea, good luck with that.
Nice start to the build though
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2013, 20:06   #16
flix
Multimodder

Yes, I've ordered my board here in germany three weeks ago...
I want this board so I have to wait, even if the rest of the hardware is still here:

Old 8th Dec 2013, 00:44   #17
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice project! Won't you have any troubles with motherboard and 4 video cards? Memory slots on the Asus Rampage IV Black Edition are very close to 1st PCI-E slot and this may cause trouble with video card backplate
Old 28th Dec 2013, 15:56   #18
flix
Multimodder

I need to test when I get my new vga's.

Woohoo
Im very happy, my board arrived today

I love it. I need to take some better pictures these days...

€:

Last edited by flix; 28th Dec 2013 at 23:12.
Old 22nd May 2014, 23:01   #19
flix
Multimodder

The last days I was really motivated an started modding again.
I have added some profiles to the corners.

the following work of drilling, threading and countersunking was really annoying but now its done. :thumbsup:

the profiles together

at the case

After that I've cutted some alu sheets... every time the same: marking, cutting, filing

... adapt some alu sheets for the top and bottom

this profiles are made for holding the sidepanels. I hope it will work :think:
Old 22nd May 2014, 23:45   #20
jimbaw
Supermodder

jimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyanjimbaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
looks like you are really skilled. looking forward to the end result!
jimbaw is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode