bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Sep 2015, 10:30   #1
rampageblack
Minimodder

rampageblack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CaseLabs S3 MATX Mod

Hi guys!
I started a new mod into a CaseLabs S3 . I've never seen somebody who did this, so let me show you my worklog about the modification and custom painting.

My expectations:

-space for MATX mobo
-space for custom watercooling or decent air cooling
-big window on the side
-custom wiring
-custom painting

Hardware:

-Core i7 5960x or Xeon E5 2683v3
-Gigabyte x99M Gaming 5
-32gb 2400mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
-Evga Gtx 750
-EVGA G2 1600W
-Crucial M500 240gb
-CaseLabs S3

First, I recieved the case. I've got a good price on a used S3 case which is in good condition, so I picked it up. Here it is, like a brand new!

Next step was measuring everything and some brainstorming. I came up with an idea, to make 2 chamber on this case, one mobo side and psu side. I decided to go with sfx psu, because in this case, I can use all ventilation mounts which is already in the case. I will cut out the back panel of the case and replace it with a new. My case have ventilated doors so I designed on one side to take the psu there, and it can suck air from the outside. On the other panel I planned a big cutout to intsall window. The next quiestion was, how I gonna install the mobo. I've got a mountain mods mobo tray and i/o panel, so I'm gonna install them. Here it is the mobot tray and i/o.

Thats it for now. Im already in the making of the back and side panel, currently im waiting for the laser cutter, to make the backplate. More updates soon!

Last edited by rampageblack; 15th Nov 2015 at 16:22.
rampageblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2015, 13:57   #2
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
none of your images are visible to me at least!
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2015, 18:33   #3
rampageblack
Minimodder

rampageblack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Edited!
rampageblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2015, 19:35   #4
Big Elf
Totally invisible

Big Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Still no images visible
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X│24GB Corsair Dominator GT│Nvidia Titan GTX SLI│Samsung 850 EVO 256GB│Crucial M4│2TB Samsung Momentus x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK-FC Titan SE x 2│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3│Swiftech 35X2
Big Elf is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode