bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Feb 2013, 12:43   #1
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Cooler Master Blue flame MbK

Cooler Master Blue flame MbK

Sponsored by:

Thanks to : Marco, Ruud and Maikel.

And thanks to: Niko

Hardware:

- CASE: Cooler Master CSX Blue Flame
- PROCESSOR: Intel® Core i7-2600K
- MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z6X-UD4-B3
- GPU: GTX680
- RAM: Corsair Domnator 8GB (4 x 2 GB) 2000 MHz Quad Channel DDR3
- HDD: 256 GB SSD
- OPTICAL: Sony optiarc AD-7670S

Who doesn't know them, the Cooler Master CSX series. The beautiful paintbrushed Coolermaster Stackers 830
I've always wanted to mod this case. Luckily I've made a great deal to with Cooler Master
The only condition was that I wouldn't do anything to the outside. Hmmm ok

So a build entirely focused on the inside.

The Cooler Master Stacker 830 CSX Blue Flame:

Sorry but need to strip it

For the outside I may not use my dremel ... but inside oww yes here we go
Marked some lines for a 360 radiator.

On top of the fans there will be a piece of bended mesh.

For the front I've made ​​a cover for a 240 radiator.

I've also made a slot ​​for the Sony slimline drive.

And pasted some nice black glossy vinyl over it.

More soon!!!

Last edited by kier; 2nd Feb 2013 at 13:14.
kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 13:30   #2
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Another one, can't wait for more!
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 13:58   #3
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What he ^ said
Hukkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 16:44   #4
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
dang it's looking good WITHOUT the gaudy plastic plastereffed all over it!

Edit:talking about the front of the case, not the sides. I struggle to think of what glorious things you could do without sidepanels. sooo many more options!
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 18:11   #5
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Love how that mesh looks over those fans, but will that be an intake or exhaust? If its an exhaust then it might become a very dusty mesh
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 21:45   #6
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Another one, can't wait for more!
You know the story allready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post
What he ^ said
You too

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
dang it's looking good WITHOUT the gaudy plastic plastereffed all over it!

Edit:talking about the front of the case, not the sides. I struggle to think of what glorious things you could do without sidepanels. sooo many more options!
you'll wait and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azariel View Post
Love how that mesh looks over those fans, but will that be an intake or exhaust? If its an exhaust then it might become a very dusty mesh
gonna be exhaust but with removable filter beneath the rad

Old 2nd Feb 2013, 22:13   #7
kier
-----------------

Another update!!!... have some finished already

First my thanks goes to EKWB which still believes in my builds ... Niko Thanks for this

What I am going to use from EKWB in this build:

A beautiful old school EK-Supreme HF

A EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360)
And a
EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240)

Also an EK-DDC Dual Top (V.2)

Some accessories

Not to forget the beautiful EK-FC680 GTX Acetal/ Nickel

With a EK-FC680 Backplate

Also some Fittings and adapters

Placed the GPU block on the GTX 680

After some brainstorming and trying, I've cut and bend some aluminum strips and cut an old 150mm reservoir (round 60mm) into 3 equal pieces. It was very old and had some cracks so no problem
Placed reservoir holders on the aluminum strips and slide 3 older versions 150mm (round 50mm) reservoirs in it.
Connected them using EK adapters + C47 multi links and crystal links

Placed the GPU and CPU block also connected them with EK adapters and Multi Links

Installed the EKWB top on the pumps and put it under the last res

And last, I have adjusted an existing sleeved PSU with the beautiful MDPC colors Black and B-Magic

That's it folks

Old 5th Feb 2013, 10:37   #8
bundymania
Bastelorakel Industries Worldwide

bundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbundymania has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice so far !
bundymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 10:50   #9
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice indeed can't wait for more updates

I'm using that same EK CPU Block its great
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 12:13   #10
blackwatch
Minimodder

blackwatch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The same case im doing at this moment in time
blackwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 14:42   #11
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice job so far Richard keep them updates comming.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 21:18   #12
maestro0428
Master Modder

maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maestro0428 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I have the flaming skulls CoolerMaster CSX case. I look forward to see what you do with yours as I am in a slump with mine.
JAllen Labs GT1000- 3770K @ 4.5ghz, 32GB Dominators, ASUS 660GTX OC SLI, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, 4 drive RAID 0 and 3TB storage in a Silverstone Fortress GT03, Logitech G9X Gaming mouse on Razer eXact Mat, Custom built Fostex studio monitors, Yamaha amp, Nvidia Surround 3x23.5 AOC LED LCDs
maestro0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2013, 03:56   #13
PcJunkie209
Multimodder

PcJunkie209 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I could have swore I posted on this! Lol maybe another forum o well! Looking good buddy! I actually just pulled my Hell Razer CSX out because Asus is giving me crap for not doing a mod with a board they gave me a few months ago! Keep up the great work Richard always inspiring!!
PcJunkie209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 20:22   #14
kier
-----------------

Thanks guys, you

update!!!

Did some fun stuff with aluminum in this update. Cover for the sidetop

And the side cover

The whole picture

Made it black

Did the mobo tray also

And some pics by daylight

Also placed the airbrushed covers back

Thought of nice touch for the 3 tanks, for this I used a nice piece of blue glow acrylic.
Measuring and marked

Drilled holes

And some sawning

Cut it in half

Placed it

Pulled the plastic off

Cut out 3 circles to the size of the res tops

And placed them on the top of the caps

Connected all of the Acrylic tubes

Need a controller
For this I have used an old Aquaero. This time the blue version
In the top cover ivé cut an opening ​​for the display

The controller itself I'm placing somewhere else using a custom flat cable.
On top!

Made somekind of bracket and blackened it. Also placed 2 poweramps for dual pump control
Standard Channels Aquaero dont like 2 pumps

Minor change of plans .... I usually do everything with acrylic tube 12OD / 8ID but thanks too Nate I can use 12/10 this time.

Thanks Nate!!! More beautiful products in the E22 shop

Placed all sleeved cables.

And added some blue details.

CPU cover

Fan cover

And a nice total shot for last

More to come!!!

Old 10th Feb 2013, 21:53   #15
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looking good.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 22:18   #16
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice work!
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 06:28   #17
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Beatifull work. I really like the straight lines that you are using in your builds.
Allways a pleasure to follow your work.
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 19:38   #18
kier
-----------------

Thanks guys ... Almost end of this build, so:

Another update!!!

Pictures from a filled stacker

Sit back and relax.

And after a night running the pumps, everything is fortunately dry
Done some last jobs before the power goes on.

Controller connected with sleeved cables

Some more glossy black

And the pictures with the caps back on.

Power on!!!

Old 11th Feb 2013, 19:46   #19
Hanoken
O.O

Hanoken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my god... its beautiful... are you going to put any LEDS in this work or no? i was crossing my fingers that the reservoirs were... but then again you still have magic in that sleeve of yours...
Old 11th Feb 2013, 19:59   #20
kier
-----------------

Thanks, sorry but no leds in this one. Done with this stacker lol
Time to move on to the next case

View Mode