bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Feb 2013, 08:26   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Qpad QH-90 review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...qh-90-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 09:07   #2
SinxarKnights
Multimodder

SinxarKnights has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The white is a bit much for me. Good thing they offer black ones. Been looking for something a bit different and quite honestly I've never seen these before. I'll have to get more information about this headset before making a purchase though.

I guess its just me but I find the mic quality to be extremely important as somebody who is on voice coms all the time (not Skype, real voice coms). I wish you could record a sample and post it up. Just saying its clear isn't enough. Just how clear is it? Is it studio mic clear? Is it muffled but still understandable clear? Is it tinny clear?

Just looking at their site and the QH-1339 seem to be their flagship. You should review those.
SinxarKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 10:35   #3
TheDodoKiller
Supermodder

TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.TheDodoKiller is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't see what the big hype is about the ANC. The ANC on the Vulcans is pretty useless for me, I never use it at home. It makes the headphones sound more closed, and seems to get rid of loads of bass.

The only time I have used the ANC is on the eurostar to Paris. It was pretty good for that, but not much else- and something that ordinary headphones with ANC can do better.
- AMD 1090T OC'd at 3.6 Ghz - Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Reference Asus 6950/70 - Silverstone FT02 B-W - Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Kingston HyperX 1600 Ram 4GB - Coolermaster V8 -
TheDodoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 11:18   #4
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
With the white plastic & leather did you start to see any discolouration?

I have to say that the black is nicer but would have worked better with a grey lettering instead of white, because the subtle logos on the white is really nice.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 11:43   #5
Muerlin
What's a Dremel?

Muerlin has yet to learn the way of the DremelMuerlin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Even if the headphones can reproduce amazing bass sound, they are always going to lack that bass depth that comes from feeling the room shake. It would be nice to see a pair of gaming headsets come with a shaker.
Muerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 12:30   #6
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerlin View Post
Even if the headphones can reproduce amazing bass sound, they are always going to lack that bass depth that comes from feeling the room shake. It would be nice to see a pair of gaming headsets come with a shaker.
A shaker? Do you mean you want a headset with force feedback?

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 13:42   #7
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie
Quote:
Would make pron interesting...
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 15:51   #8
Spreadie

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
Um, just what kind of headset did you have in mind?

Old 4th Feb 2013, 16:19   #9
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Maybe for that you could just install a warm sponge that 'licks' your ear when you're watching that. And a clip that 'nibbles' your ear....

But I think thats a discussion for a different type of forum.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 17:08   #10
Fredrics
Hmm...

Fredrics has yet to learn the way of the DremelFredrics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
They actually exist, take a look at the skullcandy skullcrushers. They say there are subwoofers in the cans, but basically they just rumble the headset as you can't get subwoofers that small.
Old 4th Feb 2013, 17:24   #11
Spreadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrics View Post
They actually exist
Oh, I don't doubt they do, but so do these. That doesn't necessarily make it a good idea.

Old 4th Feb 2013, 19:08   #12
Redsnake77
Useless Idiot

Redsnake77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cheaper on Amazon but no choice of colour.
Redsnake77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 19:10   #13
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I do like these, especially the detachable mic, now if they only made a wireless headset with a mic...
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 19:17   #14
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
Um, just what kind of headset did you have in mind?
This could go one of two ways. Both equally as sordid.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 20:13   #15
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I second the motion to have a short 15 - 30 second sound clip of the microphone from headsets posted to reviews that is recorded over ventrilo/mumble. This is a great idea even if different people have to setup their sound levels in a different way because it gives us the buyers a general idea of what sorta quality we are buying into as long as we know the specs of the sound card/onboard it's plugged into at the time of recording and any level adjustments or increases in gain that are made. Feel free to read a few lines from your favorite book at the moment or just some random technical manual laying around!
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2013, 23:47   #16
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
they look like a direct ripoff of the beyerdynamic dt770
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 12:51   #17
Flexible_Lorry
Minimodder

Flexible_Lorry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
They actually exist, take a look at the skullcandy skullcrushers. They say there are subwoofers in the cans, but basically they just rumble the headset as you can't get subwoofers that small.
I bought some of these once
http://www.edimensional.com/product_...products_id=30
and returned them after 2 weeks as the volume control stopped working

The force feedback was really a gimmick and unnecessary, and the sound quality wasn't great.

Have me an astro A40 now and never looked back
Flexible_Lorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 16:13   #18
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
My Speedlink Medusa NX (now dead) had a really good rumble to them. Hearing artillery fall in Red Orchestra felt awesome when turned to up max. Shame the headset had such poor build quality.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:56   #19
haakon.t
:)

haakon.t has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Qpad make some amazing products. I had the joy of trying on a pair of QH-1339's at The Gathering a couple of years ago, and I have never tried anything similar. They sit pretty tight on your ears, but the sound is great and all background noise is muffled (I wore them in a giant hall with 5500 noisy gamers surrounding me). Not surprised by the high score on these.
Old 8th Feb 2013, 13:13   #20
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I love their keyboards (i have one)

The 53mm drivers gives a much better bass response then other headsets which most of them use 40mm drivers. You can see it in the specs for the low range from 15Hz - 25KHz.

But the 98 SPL is a bit disappointing. this means they can't get very loud if you turn up the volume especially with 60 Ohm.

I currently have the Steelseries siberia v2 (natus vincere edition) it has the same 53mm driver but 32 Ohm and higher SPL at 112dB. I also using it now when I am producing music. Since I tried it on a blue monday to compare it with my Sennheiser HD600 headset. The bass response is almost the same but the Siberia surpasses the HD600 in loudness.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote