bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Feb 2013, 08:18   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Abrams and Newell in talks over Valve film

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...r-valve-film/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 09:26   #2
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Valve head honcho Gabe Newell... should it not be "Valve's head honcho Gabe Newell..."
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 09:32   #3
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
would round of his geekdom... round off :-)
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:15   #4
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Rather have Ep3 first plz.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:19   #5
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So that movie should arrive before the next ice age?
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:30   #6
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
All I can say is DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:40   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
we are going to be bringing on a wirter,
I'm a wirter! Pick me!

Anyway, either one of these has the potential to make a great film but would probably be ruined by something. Probably Hollywood.

If you do make one, don't make it 3D!
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:45   #8
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
John Waters as the thin man?
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 10:48   #9
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they closely followed either the Half Life or Portal story you would end up with a very dull film. They would have to change it make it marketable and that would alienate the 'fans'.

We saw how poor Doom was as a film but I don't think they could have made it much better.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 11:02   #10
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna
If they closely followed either the Half Life or Portal story you would end up with a very dull film. They would have to change it make it marketable and that would alienate the 'fans'.

We saw how poor Doom was as a film but I don't think they could have made it much better.
Problem with Doom is that it's so ingrained into gaming culture that it's become cheesy round the edges, so to really reacreate Doom as a movie it would have to be quite corny.

Kinda the same way the original Street Fighter movie was SO AWFUL it was actually just right!
Old 7th Feb 2013, 11:12   #11
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not getting too excited about this after what happened with PJ/NB and Halo, i'll take the "wait and see" approach.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 12:06   #12
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anybody see the FarCry film? Only Mortal Kombat Annihilation is worse
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 18:05   #13
mdshann
Modder

mdshann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz
Rather have Ep3 first plz.
amen
mdshann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 18:15   #14
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
Isn't J. J. Abrams a bit busy wrecking Star Trek and soon Star Wars?!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 18:35   #15
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Maybe the Portal movie can incorporate the puzzle aspect of the game with Dora The Explorer style choices and questions.

I hope these never get made. The story's nice but the enjoyment is in playing through them.
Old 8th Feb 2013, 10:31   #16
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As long it is not Uwe Boll it is all sizzle with me.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote