bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Feb 2013, 16:42   #1
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
L3p - Parvum - Mod Of The Year 2013 Nominee.

In December 2012 Justin from Parvum systems asked me if I wanted to do a small build in their new acrylic m-ATX case.
Since I was kinda busy with 2 other projects I helped him with 2 other casemodders (Kier & K.enny) who wanted to do a new build.
Justin still sent me a case for the help also on some adjustments to the design.... and in my favourite color scheme

At the same time I won an awesome prize in the CooledPC contest.
So made a deal with EKWB I could trade the prize package for products that fit the Parvum case.
Another small build was born.

So decided to make some buildlogs, I just loved the case!
Won't be a huge casemod, more a watercooled build with lots small mods and lots of pics

Hardware

Intel Core i5 2550K
ASUS Maximus V GENE
ASUS GTX690
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133Mhz
Corsair Neutron 240GB 2X
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W

Last edited by l3p; 3rd Jan 2014 at 13:51.
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 17:05   #2
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Parvum had some cool teasers before we got them
(Top one is for K.3nny)

In the meantime ordered some fans.

And the mainboard.

Was able to buy nice gpu second hand. (partly trade/buy)

In my opinion the best looking reference cooler ever.

Also probably going to use a Pci-e extender in this build.

Ordered UV and blue ledstrips.

And some extension cables.

Old 10th Feb 2013, 12:08   #3
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
Looks promising. i will be following this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxiij View Post
thats a neat logo - looks sweet. i love that hue, when it's just between yellow and green - that aggressive lime-ish hue...sexy.

pci-e extender...you got me there. well, actually, you got me before that. i saw there was a new log from l3p..that is almost an automatic sub these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Looks very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaka View Post
Subbed can't wait for the updates
Thanks guys! Hope all the green will be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primum Agmen View Post
Is this build going to be air cooled or water cooled? The 690 is bloody gorgeous, shame about the price.

If you're laying the GPU flat, what are you going to do with the extra space?
It's going to be a watercooled build. The reason why it's such a shame to remove that lovely reference cooler
The update with what I'm going to do with the extender will be up in a few days
Old 10th Feb 2013, 12:09   #4
l3p
www.^.nl

Unpacking!
Always fun

Here a huge post with the first impression about the Parvum case.

Justin also sent some extra's, something he wanted to try

Something that really made me crazy :P
The case was protected with styrofoam, the case and I were super static loaded....

The inlayed logo

Just had to see those fans running

Nice way to find your led board to make some UV shots.

So soldered it the next day.

Personally I like this case a lot cause of the placement for the parts.

Can't wait

Old 10th Feb 2013, 13:57   #5
l3p
www.^.nl

It's indeed a perfect match, there's like 0.2-0.4mm between it, he had to get it in place with a rubber hammer.
Old 11th Feb 2013, 22:26   #6
l3p
www.^.nl

Here the CooledPC unpacking.
Was able to arrange with Eddy to change the original prizes for products I was able to use in this Parvum build.
Better for both of us

The cpu that will be used for this build was also in the package.

And some extra aluminum CSQ logo's.

And the watercooling products.

Thanks Eddy & Niko!
Old 16th Feb 2013, 15:20   #7
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Wow. Dem Blocks. I just love that circle esthetic, combined with that slightly smoked plastic. Just so damn lovely. Looking forward to seeing your assembly of all of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Love how your logo turned out - Very effective indeed. Pretty looking case too - for some reason it reminds me of bioshock, but it's not obvious to me why....
Thanks guys!

Another update with lots of pics.

First fitting the hardware.

The idea to have the GPU in sight.

By using a PCI-e extender.

Lovely evening of 'blocking' by candlelight.

Glad I had such a small mini torx.

Chip nice and clean.

Total view.
(To bad the mosfet block isn't available in acrylic)

And a nice package from Cooler Master Benelux.

Bedankt Marco!

First thing to do ... I thought ..
Ordered the wrong size fan.

Still want to see the effect.

Comes in handy with cases like these.

Fans mounted.

And found out the standard EK rad isn't going to fit in the top, had to use a thinner one, even that was close.

Top fans and radiator mounted too.

And front.

Next day the 140mm fan for PSU also arrived.

Re-drilled the holes cause the standard fan is 135mm.

White Lamptron replaced with a green Bulgin.
Heatshrink and sleeve to hide it inside.

Test with UV/blue leds.

And hardware inside to see how it looks.

Also started with a first setup for the loop.

All still temporary.

Black instead of blue tape around the extender. (Will be out of sight)

Next update more sawing and sanding.

Old 17th Feb 2013, 01:12   #8
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
This is reeeeeaaaally nice!
I really love it!

By the way: What LED's are you using for the UV effect?
I have a regular UV strip that looks really purple (typical UV) and in your pictures the light looks perfectly blue. That's more what I want
Thanks man!
When I work with UV active stuff I always use another ledstrip next to the UV one. This purely to hide that purple glow. Also what I did in the 'L3p D3sk' build with UV and blue ledstrips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
I'd be more than happy to take that ref. Cooler off your hands...
Anyway looking lovely. Nice idea for angling the card. Gives me an option other than an angled mobo for my build.
Thanks you
I was using this extender for testing purposes but all of a sudden I had a moment.
You can do so much different stuff with these long extenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
Can't just be me right?
Loving the unique nature of these Parvum builds, and of course an L3P build is not to be missed. Interesting choice on the angle for the 690 though. I imagine it's for the simplicity on the fittings? Just seems like it's a tad shallow, almost as if your card's falling off the motherboard? Looking forward to seeing how it progresses, if past projects are a hint, then it's going to be a treat.
Haha this has been seen by others too on my Dutch buildlog :P Thanks!
Using this angle to fully show all blocks in one sight. Will be creating some sort of a rest for the gpu from POM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenge View Post
Nice case! I like a lot your previous work so it's interesting to see what you create this time.
Thanks man, hope you'll like this small build
Old 17th Feb 2013, 15:33   #9
l3p
www.^.nl

Thanks Waynio!
Asked EK if they would ever bring out this block in acrylic version but they don't. Ahh will just have to do
The bitboxes weren't that expensive, I believe around €3 each.

Already spotted some pics online from people polishing their waterblocks.
Seemed like a great plan for this build too

All I used for the polishing:
P1500 P2000 P3000 and wax

About 3-5 minutes with each for this result.

So lets do the rest too

Cpu block also done.

But was missing something.

So..

That's better.

Wanted to do it the easy way so kept the block and plexi in their place, just used a few pieces of tape to protect.

Took a little longer cause of the size.

Also replaced the old bolts for stainless steel ones, also polished those.

And the switch.

Result ..

I'm satisfied.

And in the spotlight 'spotlight'.

Old 19th Feb 2013, 21:35   #10
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
oohhhhh that looks so lovely, again as always amazing work and so much detail go into your builds. Love it!
To imagine I wasn't doing a mod .. just can't resist it
Thanks flame696!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
Somehow that "slime green" coolant looks awesome. But I should expect no less from you
I have to admit, thecircle pattern looks a HELL of a lot better once polished.
less goat-sie, more goat-ee
Thanks a lot siliconfanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
I'm doing my build with the exact same blocls at the moment. I really want to see the loop filled, because I might want to polish mine as well :P
Can't wait myself too but there's still a lot that has to happen :P

Quote:
Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
Looking really good! Also, what brand fans are those? I like them! And do they do red one's as well? Subbed + Rep!
Thanks a lot guys!
I used green Nanoxia fans but next time I'm going to use Gelid green wings for a change :P
They aren't available in red by the way :/ Gelid does have them in blue.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 01:49   #11
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
Those blocks look soooo much better polished, I dunno what EK were thinking by not doing it ? I guess there's some accountant trying to save money somewhere.
Lot's of changes coming from EK soon I guess
http://thinkcell.ekwb.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyance View Post
ooooooo shinies
Really like those blocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreps View Post
amazing as always love them blocks to ^^
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
the cpu fastening plate needs a lot more of fine sanding
Ahh a volunteer, please send a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
I already saw your polished RAM block on the EK idea boards and found it amazing and now I find out that you did the CPU and GPU block aswell?! Very nice L3P!
Any chance you will write a small guide on how to do it? Did you do it all by hand ?
Thanks mate
Well it's actually so easy ... this is a guide, all you need is some P1000-P2000 and polishing wax.
3 minutes of sanding and 3-5 minuts of polishing and you're done
Old 24th Feb 2013, 01:49   #12
l3p
www.^.nl

Small mod this time

Because I'm using an EK MEM block for this build and since I'm going to use a Dominator Platinum kit tried to make something to keep the Platinum look.

At the start I wanted a small hole and keep the text.

But it disappeared after 5 seconds with P1000 .. it wasn't punched in that deep.

Time for an other approach.

Just a few hours of filings and sanding

And done.

Glued it on a few points.

I know it's a totally useless mod, specially since watercooling Ram isn't needed..
Still I like the looks and doing it

Old 9th Mar 2013, 23:20   #13
l3p
www.^.nl

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it
This was just going to be 'a build' but just can't resist to change the smaller parts

Received a most awesome package from Corsair!
These products will also be used in a next project.

For example the lightbars will be for a next project.
Still wanted to see them assembled for myself

You're awesome Gareth, thanks!

After I helped Acid_Rain with his project he insisted to use his extensions.

Fine to me .. they look great!

Thanks Birkir!

Old 7th Apr 2013, 22:43   #14
l3p
www.^.nl

Small update!

Material softer then POM, lovely to work with, Polywood.

3M Velco, super strong.

On request a small howto polish EK CSQ blocks.

Can't wait to fill it up!

Old 11th May 2013, 17:43   #15
l3p
www.^.nl

And another update.

Had a day off at work ...... so back to work

Finally an opportunity to work with E22 tubing

After one day of measuring, sawing and filing.

And ... something I wanted to do a long time .. filling the loop

First with clear cause of the leak testing.

After that adding the Mayhems UV laser green.
(Thought this was cool :P )

And a little video of the filling + adding UV laser green to the loop with the pump running.
Must See! :P

Also ordered some extra ledstrips.

On to the next, maybe last update

Old 12th May 2013, 14:46   #16
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullen View Post
Nice one l3p,very very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRn00b View Post
DAMN!!! Really impressive!! I absolutely love it!!
Quote:
Great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenge View Post
Cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Great job man! really love that video
Thanks a lot guys!
The moment I had one drop of UV in the reservoir I thought lets film this
Your acrylic pipes are awesome Editor22
Old 13th May 2013, 23:57   #17
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Had day off work so back to work.

That really did look awesome as the UV started lighting up as it was flowing throughout the system, a slow pulsing UV light alternating between UV light & a similar colour but not UV would be really nice on this & call the effect Hulk veins or radioactive veins.

Really looks excellent with the flow on show.
Hmmm .. does make me think for a next project ..
Thanks Waynio!
Every time I keep staring at your avatar :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by imersa View Post
Mate that video was so good. The build became a whole new level of amazing when you filled it! You've even turned me towards UV! Did a mighty fine job!
Thanks imersa! And oh man .... can't wait for your next build then
Old 2nd Jun 2013, 23:58   #18
l3p
www.^.nl

And here the last update before I upload the final shoot

Did some last updates/add-ons on the ledstrips.

Also completely tested and had the system running for a few days.

Also made some photos without all the UV

When I brought it upstairs something came in mind for the final shoot.
Why not use the reflecting glass panel from the previous/future project

Old 5th Jun 2013, 22:31   #19
l3p
www.^.nl

Thanks guys!
Old 9th Jun 2013, 00:14   #20
l3p
www.^.nl

Final pics

View Mode