bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Feb 2013, 10:41   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
id Software launches Rage Tool Kit for modders

Not exactly consumer-friendly, though.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...age-tool-kit/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 12:19   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm interested to see how long modern processors would take doing a map or something.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 19:02   #3
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I hope a few nice custom missions come out for this game. There felt like a lot of missed chances to do things especially near the end of the game but I would not mind starting this game up again for a few good user created mods/missions. I wanted to REALLY like rage when I played through it and the DLC (which was quite good for a cheapy DLC and had a really cool airship battle) but in the end I can only think about what might have been if ID had invested a bit more time into the story and fleshing out the world a bit more. It was a real shame that once the credits rolled and the game booted you back into your post-game world, nothing really changed, the bad guys were still around in all the towns and the NPC's didn't regard you as the person who saved everything from the evil authority. They just went about their business as if the things had never changed and that was the biggest letdown for me. It never felt like you actually accomplished anything.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 19:09   #4
mdshann
Modder

mdshann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Probably quite a while, I would assume that their renderfarm is probably pretty modern.
mdshann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2013, 02:15   #5
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, I had forgotten Rage even existed. Was quite hyped for it until it actually released, and then lost all faith in id and their dedication to PC. While this release is good news, how popular do they expect this toolkit to be? The game is ancient by industry standards, and first impressions (terrible) count for a lot.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2013, 02:50   #6
lysaer
Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.lysaer is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks View Post
Wow, I had forgotten Rage even existed. Was quite hyped for it until it actually released, and then lost all faith in id and their dedication to PC. While this release is good news, how popular do they expect this toolkit to be? The game is ancient by industry standards, and first impressions (terrible) count for a lot.
Are you sure you are talking about rage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
lysaer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 12:13   #7
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysaer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks View Post
Are you sure you are talking about rage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
i think he means ancient in the game play style of the game perhaps.. a nicer way of putting it is rage is an old school shooter type FPS.

but if he means in the tech or graphics.. then ummm ... i +1 ur question.
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game engine, id software, id tech 5, john carmack, modding, pc gaming, rage, rage tool kit, steam