bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Feb 2013, 00:47   #1
Fruergaard
Modder

Fruergaard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
White SG09 with power and watercooling

Hello, ones again

So my latestet build; Unobtainable was a great PC to build, and got a lot of positive feedback, Thanks guys and girls

First of I would once like to thanks Aquatuning.de for sponsoring this build with many great watercooling parts

And also thanks to Fractal Design for sponsoring the Newton R3 1000W White PSU.

But my eager to create something new, and also a (hopefully) better looking build.
So I will hope you will follow this build as well, and please; positive criticism is always welcome, so dont hold back
But to the main part; Building a kick ass looking SG09 with a lot of watercooling

So first of the SG09 case. A really small case produced by Silverstone, but still space enough for a mATX and SLI, and hopefully for my ideas of watercooling
Just a quick picture for you that haven't seen it yet (more to come later):

Most people doesn't really like the front of the case (which also seems why Silverstone have made SG10).
But I see opportunities, so hopefully it will turn out better after it have been painted.
And you guessed it right, there isn't sold any white SG09 case, so I will spray paint the hole case (because I like white cases ).

About the internal hardware, it's going to be a powerfull rig but not extreme (just yet).
It's going to be a Intel I7 3770k, 16gb of RAM, a Rog Maximus Gene IV Z some Intel SSD and of course two lovely GPU's;

Two nice Evga GTX 670 +SC 4gb cards. Reason that I chosed those two cards, you will understand later

All the watercooling blocks will come from EKWB, since I really like their continues CSQ design on all the blocks and that it's Plexi tops to see the water flow though and give a nice "show" effect.

I got almost all the parts, so the build can begin. However, my time is limited, so please be patient, I want this build done as fast as you (but still looking awesome).

Actually a nice big package came today from Aquatuning.de, but still missing one more
The package contains a lot of nice things;
Two nice D5 pumps with Plexi tops.

Reservoirs with a lot of lighting options

Some nice radiators from both Phobya (200mm) and two 120mm fra alphacool.

Thise will also get colored to fit the theme of white and Green (white frame and green fins).

Some tuping;

Really like these tupes, because the are really flexible which is nice in a small case

And a lot of other nice products from (temp sensor, lightning, pump silence and some radiator shrouds) that would get in this build;

It's a lot of hardware and watercooling to get into this small build, which means challenges, but I got a plan

So the next thing for this build is to recieve the last products (some watercooling parts and sleeving from MDPC-x), and then get going with installation and modding.

And then afterwards the painting of all the parts will begin to get the build look great and unique in the green and white theme

And I also got a little surprise, but more on that later on.

So hope you will follow and like the outcome, and if you got some feedback, please let me know

Last edited by Fruergaard; 14th Apr 2013 at 19:38.
Fruergaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 01:58   #2
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
I loved Unobtainable, it was a really exciting idea and beautifully executed. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, that's some beautiful gear you're putting in that box.

Subbed.
Maki role is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:05   #3
Fruergaard
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
I loved Unobtainable, it was a really exciting idea and beautifully executed. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, that's some beautiful gear you're putting in that box.

Subbed.
Thanks, Unobtainable was really something speciel with that Shuttle motherboard, but even though the end result was great, it just wasn't me.. If you understand

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So a bit of update, again it's a bit slow cause of my limited time, but I will get there with an awesome end result, promise
First of the GPU's got them a make over:

The card alone. A really small card but still very powerfull.

One card

Two cards

And from the back with the back plates.

Now imagine that these get colored white and the rings becomes green
And green water running though those nice looking EKWB plexi nickel blocks

I also got a nice package from Nils at MDPC-X inculding some sleeving, pre-cut heat shrink and a crimping tool.

Some really nice looking sleeving, looking forward to get going with it

The last shipment from Aquatuning.de should come soon, just waiting for those good looking Monsoon fittings
Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:31   #4
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
That green and white looks pweety.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 13:06   #5
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
love the case and colors you're going for
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 00:22   #6
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I see lots of hardware and no modding... what gives! Get a move on!
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 17:51   #7
Fruergaard
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
That green and white looks pweety.
Yeap, they look a lot better then the last sleeving i used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreps View Post
love the case and colors you're going for
Thanks, really like the white and green themed builds, but so few of them :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
I see lots of hardware and no modding... what gives! Get a move on!
He, well I would like this done as fast as you guys , but still my time is limited.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 03:31   #8
Hanoken
O.O

Hanoken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i see... interesting, are you using smaller length cards to fit the reservoirs in? And I loved the Unobtainable mod, being able to fit the x79 platform in small form is indeed one hellavua mod
Old 24th Feb 2013, 07:31   #9
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruergaard View Post
He, well I would like this done as fast as you guys , but still my time is limited.
Well until your time frees up this really belongs in a different forum. Give us some work mate!
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 08:51   #10
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
MOAR!
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 09:07   #11
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I do like Silverstone cases. No doubt you'll be great with this one. The color scheme will be hawt!
Old 24th Feb 2013, 14:10   #12
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
ohhh yeeah
Looking forward to this!
SUBBED!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 15:50   #13
Fruergaard
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoken View Post
i see... interesting, are you using smaller length cards to fit the reservoirs in? And I loved the Unobtainable mod, being able to fit the x79 platform in small form is indeed one hellavua mod
Perhaps, but you will find out later ;-)

Yes Unobtainable was quite a hit, many asked for the mobo to create something smilar ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
Well until your time frees up this really belongs in a different forum. Give us some work mate!
He, I will. Next week i got a bit mroe time ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
I do like Silverstone cases. No doubt you'll be great with this one. The color scheme will be hawt!
They do provide us with some great cases, and innovative once to
Old 9th Mar 2013, 11:45   #14
Fruergaard
Modder

First installation of the hardware and pumps in the case
There isn't that much to say. You should begin to see what my plan is with this build according to fitting it all in that small case

IT FITS!
yea, I was worried about fitting the pumps like this, but with a few mm to spare, that was no problem.
Really love those pumps, but I might change the top to plexi EKWB CSQ, to fit the theme of CSQ blocks.
But, many things can still happen. Might even change the GPU's to something stronger

At the left 120mm fan one of the alphacool radiator will be installed.
The 200mm Phobya radiator will get installed un top of the 180mm fan. So it's going to be outside the case.

The left side of the case (the one you see from on the above picture) will get as much window as possible to show of this nice view

So here some more detailed pics:

My plan was to watercool the RAM aswell, however that may not be possible, since it will get to high and block for the reservoirs :-/

And the backplates;

Really looking forward getting them painted. They will look so nice

A sad story though; I will be away from the build the next month
However, when I return, I got more time to work on this build

I will still answer to any of your questions, and keep you updated if the plan for the hardware change
Old 9th Mar 2013, 13:18   #15
ProZac
What's a Dremel?

ProZac has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe im blind, but can't really see where the cables from the PSU will go out as there is a wall on both sides on it (top/bottom) or are there room enough between the PSU and the back plate?
ProZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2013, 17:48   #16
Evenge
Hypermodder

Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Watercooling squeezed into small case. I'll be watching this closely!
Old 10th Mar 2013, 17:49   #17
Fruergaard
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZac View Post
Maybe im blind, but can't really see where the cables from the PSU will go out as there is a wall on both sides on it (top/bottom) or are there room enough between the PSU and the back plate?
There is a bit of room all around. Enough to make it possible ;-)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAw&dur=608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenge View Post
Thank you. Hope this will turn out better than Unobtianable
Old 10th Mar 2013, 22:14   #18
Lehani
Multimodder

Lehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, another mod from you mate

You keep doing the nodding going well how are the plastic EK parts??
Are they better or worse than the rest of EK's products?
Old 18th Mar 2013, 17:37   #19
Fruergaard
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
Wow, another mod from you mate

You keep doing the nodding going well how are the plastic EK parts??
Are they better or worse than the rest of EK's products?
Yeap, can't help it

I have actually only been using the plexi blocks (if that's what you mean with plastic?), s I can't tell you if there is a difference, except I believe the look way better ;-)
Old 18th Mar 2013, 18:48   #20
Axoxenon
Do it right the first time

Axoxenon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenge View Post
Hells yes! Subbed
Axoxenon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modded, sg09, silverstone, watercooling, white

View Mode