bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Feb 2013, 07:18   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
BenQ GW2450HM Monitor review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/mon...nitor-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 08:02   #2
pbryanw
Multimodder

pbryanw has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I own this monitor and, as the review score indicates, it's not such a bad one. My last monitor was TN based and the difference is quite noticeable with better colours and contrast. Also, while it might not have the viewing angles of an IPS monitor, it's still better than most TN displays. Overall, if you can't quite stretch to a decent IPS, this is a step up from cheaper TN-based monitors.

And for anyone using this monitor, it's worth getting the calibrated icc profile from TFT Central:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm
pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 08:39   #3
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is the Dell S2440L the same as the Dell U2412M but with a different resolution, 1920x1080 instead of the U2412M's 1920x1200? Are there any other differences?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 09:20   #4
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.flibblesan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I think for a budget monitor you can't go wrong with the LG IPS234V-PN at 117.50. 5ms G2G AH-IPS panel. Yeah it's 1inch smaller but I think it's better value.
flibblesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 12:56   #5
Doglobster
What's a Dremel?

Doglobster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Blimey! A calibrated monitor review. Bravo!
Doglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 13:09   #6
Shirty
Home of the Carnival Cougar

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
I am interested in this monitor.

But I still want to see some 27" IPS models come across to the Western world at Korean prices. I don't care about the badge, I care about the price and the panel.

Shirty: "I broke your keyboard, sorry."
JaccoW: "I knew this was a risk when I sent it your way."
Shirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 17:54   #7
glenster
glenster

glenster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How does the Benq GW2460HM compare?
glenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 18:21   #8
Gambler FEX online
What's a Dremel?

Gambler FEX online has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty

But I still want to see some 27" IPS models come across to the Western world at Korean prices. I don't care about the badge, I care about the price and the panel.
Also the overclockable monitors from korea for 120hz win!

- Wonder in amazement as the 120Hz display produces an easily observable higher fluidity in the animation.
techreport.com/articles.x/21516

- The ASUS VG236H was my first exposure to 120Hz refresh displays that aren’t CRTs, and the difference is about as subtle as a dump truck driving through your living room.
anandtech.com/show/3842/asus-vg236h-review-our-first-look-at-120hz

- Doing precise image editing, as another example, is an area where faster display processing times are desirable.
anandtech.com/show/2787

- 120hz lcd Smoother motion and the lack of RTC artifacts leave a highly positive impression, making you unwilling to return to 60Hz.
xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/samsung-sm2233rz_5.html
Gambler FEX online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 18:51   #9
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I seriously want to see a review of the ASUS VS239HR which is a 23" LED IPS Monitor that goes for just over 130...
It's all very well reviewing the very high end stuff but I want to see how well the tech filters down to the more cost effective levels. It's also been nearly 6 years since an actual review of an ASUS Monitor...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-as...80m1-5ms-black
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Last edited by SchizoFrog; 13th Feb 2013 at 18:57.
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 00:40   #10
Vallachia
Minimodder

Vallachia has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good to see vertical alignment panels progressing, I thought they were all but dead.
I have a Dell 2709W with a Super-PVA panel. It is a great monitor with a wide gamut and an excellent picture once calibrated, but the response time lets it down badly.

If BenQ decide to bring out a 27" version of this monitor I'd be very interested.
Vallachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 02:01   #11
m0ngy
Banned

m0ngy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post

This is an interesting thread discussing the Korean ultra res IPS displays, some of which are overclockable: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=2023067
m0ngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 03:15   #12
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler FEX online View Post
- Doing precise image editing, as another example, is an area where faster display processing times are desirable.
anandtech.com/show/2787
I fail to see any benefits that decreased refresh times would have on processing still images.
Uni Box:i5 2500K@5GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 240|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz(in blue)|EVGA GTX670SC 4GB+EK FC670|MSI P67A-GD55||M4 256|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Denon 5000|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 12:32   #13
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors has yet to learn the way of the Dremelabezors has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If there was a UK importer of the Korean IPS screens I would be all up in that.

Import costs can add 70 on top of a 200 monitor
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote