bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 13th Feb 2013, 09:38   #1
InitialDriveGTR
Minimodder

InitialDriveGTR has yet to learn the way of the DremelInitialDriveGTR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
frequensee - Quad CPU Signals Analysis Machine

Been a bit since I posted here, but figured I'd share what I have been working on since my last build.

I'm going to use these four 8-core Xeon X7560's to perform RF data analysis.

Using from 5 - 10 usb tv tuners acting as software defined radios, I can record and process a lot of data, really quickly. Part of the antenna array is hung on the back side of the case. Using the CUDA libraries from NVidia, it will have the ability to off load work from the CPUs to the GPUs. There's some other functionality that I have planned that I don't want to mention yet until it's further developed. Two computer science majors with access to a Dell R910 with the same four CPU setup are assisting me with the software setup for the time being. From today until mid-May I will be collecting parts for the build, the four Xeon X7560's I already have, which I think is a pretty good start. I will start sending out orders to have parts machined once I get back to work after this semester.

It will be using two Aquacomputer 360 Airplex Radiators, in addition to a 240 Airplex Radiator. Two D5 pumps (also by aquacomputer) will push the water through the channels that are integrated into the case.

Each CPU will have its own waterblock, and the the two GTX690's will also have full aquacomputer waterblocks (take the hint on aquacomputer here.....)

These renders are all of an unfinished project, but expect updates every couple days. I want this design at the point where I can submit the model file to the machine shop and just wait for the parts to show up, by May.

An older render from google sketchup.....

Link to my thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1274057/b...alysis-machine
InitialDriveGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 22:23   #2
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
32 cpu cores. Homina homina homina

And still your gonna do it in style

May I assume that that overhang is for ducting air from the rad?

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 02:10   #3
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
This sounds and looks promising.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode