bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Feb 2013, 09:51   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Unigine unveils new Valley Benchmark

Heaven 4.0 was just the start, it seems.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...igine-valley/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:10   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Pretty beautiful!
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:15   #3
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.
Look's nice.

Would love to see these kind of graphics in games.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:28   #4
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
I'm less enthused about the prospect: the only way I can get >30fps in Valley on my desktop (an A10-5800K with no dedicated GPU, which - as clear from the spec - was not bought for high-end gaming tasks) is to turn the quality to Low and the resolution to 960x600...
Old 15th Feb 2013, 12:13   #5
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow, that is gorgeous! Gareth, treat yourself to a 6770 for some Crossfire action - £45 today from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/390777-msi-hd-...ign=b2c_friday

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 12:18   #6
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
That is pretty, only issue for me was the draw distance and things popping up.

Liked the uneven surfaces.
Old 15th Feb 2013, 12:20   #7
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
That is pretty, only issue for me was the draw distance and things popping up.

Liked the uneven surfaces.
Tessellation to the max!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 13:21   #8
tozsam
Multimodder

tozsam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone Care to help me out?
I originally set up my gfx card OC using heaven, which hit a max temp of 75ish, even on 4.0. However Far Cry 3 has been burning a hole in my gfx card, hitting temps of 90+, but no crashes ingame. If this is a stress test/benchmark, why isnt it giving me the max temp of my card?
What prog can I use to find the max temp so I can clock my gfx card down a bit? I've heard my card clocks down itself (580gtx) with Furmark, so you dont get a realistic result.
tozsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 13:27   #9
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The video doesn't state what hardware they used to run it but as with all graphics benchmark suites, they are designed to kill even the very highest of current GPUs and give an indication of where future development can push forwards. I am guessing that the draw distance and some other settings had to be lowered just to get it to run that smoothly but even that was a little jerky at moments. However it did look amazing... All i could think was 'I hope 'The Elder Scrolls VI' looks like this'. :-)
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 13:48   #10
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Gareth, treat yourself to a 6770 for some Crossfire action - £45 today from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/390777-msi-hd-...ign=b2c_friday
I've been considering that, but I haven't been able to find anything definitive about running Hybrid Crossfire, or Dual Graphics, or whatever AMD is calling it this week under Linux. The performance difference between a standalone Radeon HD 6770 and the A10-5800K's integrated GPU is negligible if you're not using both together, and I don't want to waste my cash if it turns out to be a Windows exclusive like Nvidia's Optimus!

Might give it a shot when they're £20. Then I'll have to decide whether 2GB of DDR3 or 1GB of GDDR5 will give me the best performance, when the APU is using DDR3 system RAM...
Old 15th Feb 2013, 16:56   #11
MrGumby
CPC 464 User

MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think that max gpu for hybrid is 6670 not 6770 afaik. So i probably wouldnt bother.
MrGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 17:02   #12
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGumby View Post
I think that max gpu for hybrid is 6670 not 6770 afaik. So i probably wouldnt bother.
Typo on Parge's part that I then blindly parroted, 'cos I'm a genius like that. His link goes to the same card I was looking at earlier today: a £45 MSI Radeon HD 6670 with 2GB DDR3. I was balancing it up against a Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 with 1GB GDDR5 - but at an extra £20, which seems steep for half the RAM even if it is faster.
Old 15th Feb 2013, 17:19   #13
MrGumby
CPC 464 User

MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
MrGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 19:05   #14
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree
Quote:
I'm less enthused about the prospect: the only way I can get >30fps in Valley on my desktop (an A10-5800K with no dedicated GPU, which - as clear from the spec - was not bought for high-end gaming tasks) is to turn the quality to Low and the resolution to 960x600...
Well to be fair, this benchmark is pretty punishing to even the best GPUs out there. So if you can get 30fps at those settings I'd say you're doing alright. I have a HD5750 and I can only get around 40FPS at the lowest settings, but 1080p resolution.
Old 16th Feb 2013, 02:02   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nicest looking benchmark I've used, I hope elder scrolls ends up looking this nice.

Inconsistent though like heaven, glitchy min FPS on scene switches over various runs but it mostly rolls along at 60 to 80 FPS on my 2500k @4.2 & SLI 670, highest temp on both cards reached 70c.

And yes I don't feel any need at all for higher than 2x AA on 1440P, you may think you lose in performance going from 1080p to 1440p but you don't when you factor less need for AA, 2x AA works nicely.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 02:07   #16
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
Quote:
Look's nice.

Teamed with OLED Oculus Rift , would anyone want to leave that VR world?

Maybe, when the next gen games get ported across to PC, on max settings it'll look somewhat similar?

Last edited by Ayrto; 16th Feb 2013 at 02:37.
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 03:28   #17
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrto View Post
Teamed with OLED Oculus Rift , would anyone want to leave that VR world?

Maybe, when the next gen games get ported across to PC, on max settings it'll look somewhat similar?
I would so I can maintain a reasonable level of health & sanity in the game we call reality but for sure I'd go & get lost in an awesome virtual world for a day now & then, beats getting wasted because it doesn't fry your brain cells while enhancing your imagination & costs less too, key is to have other interests besides tech & gaming.

I could sprint to a cliff edge & do a long jump & while jumping past a bird could grab it, pet it & let it go before I plummet to the ground in a fake world just for the heck of it to see the world a bit differently without consequences, no can do in reality without training & a wing suit & a great height to do it from.

I've got high hopes for next gen consoles, hope they don't fluff it up & take things in a wonky direction due to the money that can be made from crap games on phones these days.

Game devs if they want to grab bigger audience they'd have to mix awesome grade adventure game with awesome grade action game that seamlessly switches between the 2 types so you get a quality deep complex highly interactive story that can change paths to the end of the story along with great action that pumps the adrenaline into the game, if the new Aliens game was done like that it would have rocked the world probably more than the movies did & made a lot of none gamers get interested as well as really impress gamers because Alien was far more than just shooting things.

Bit of a ramble there.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 09:56   #18
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFrog
The video doesn't state what hardware they used to run it but as with all graphics benchmark suites, they are designed to kill even the very highest of current GPUs and give an indication of where future development can push forwards. I am guessing that the draw distance and some other settings had to be lowered just to get it to run that smoothly but even that was a little jerky at moments. However it did look amazing... All i could think was 'I hope 'The Elder Scrolls VI' looks like this'. :-)
Yeah The Elder Scrolls VI and GTA would look class
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 11:37   #19
TheDarkSide
Modder

TheDarkSide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it looks amazing, makes you want to time travel forward just to have open game words in such environments.
The PC community have waited too long. At least we're almost there, next gen consoles will finally allow games worthy of our hardware.
TheDarkSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 13:47   #20
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I would so I can maintain a reasonable level of health & sanity in the game we call reality but for sure I'd go & get lost in an awesome virtual world for a day now & then, beats getting wasted because it doesn't fry your brain cells while enhancing your imagination & costs less too, key is to have other interests besides tech & gaming.

I could sprint to a cliff edge & do a long jump & while jumping past a bird could grab it, pet it & let it go before I plummet to the ground in a fake world just for the heck of it to see the world a bit differently without consequences, no can do in reality without training & a wing suit & a great height to do it from.

I've got high hopes for next gen consoles, hope they don't fluff it up & take things in a wonky direction due to the money that can be made from crap games on phones these days.

Game devs if they want to grab bigger audience they'd have to mix awesome grade adventure game with awesome grade action game that seamlessly switches between the 2 types so you get a quality deep complex highly interactive story that can change paths to the end of the story along with great action that pumps the adrenaline into the game, if the new Aliens game was done like that it would have rocked the world probably more than the movies did & made a lot of none gamers get interested as well as really impress gamers because Alien was far more than just shooting things.

Bit of a ramble there.
Crytek and a few others are more than capable of producing visuals like that now, just look at their latest engine demo. Of course, there are the well known problems with the API limiting PC performance . Top end PCs may even have problems running PS4 games at the same level of visual fidelity because of this API handicap . Maybe on- chip GPGPU solutions will solve this , if/ when the GPU can function independently setting up work for itself.

Last edited by Ayrto; 17th Feb 2013 at 16:56.
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
benchmark, benchmark tool, gpu benchmark, heaven, heaven 4.0, siberia, unigine, unigine engine, unigine heaven, unigine valley, valley benchmark