bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Sep 2011, 21:00   #1
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Proxima - Almost there! (28-12-2014)

Welcome to my new scratch build project, Proxima. Me and a few members of Losias.net have been designing the case for a few months now.

The case will be built out of Aluminium which will be brushed and anodized later on. The case feature a sleek and curvy look and side panels made of solid wood. The case will have a M-ATX form factor, capable of housing the largest PSU's, 3 hard drives, Lightweight watercooling and a slot-load slim DVD drive. E22 is making a custom reservoir for the case, which I will show you later.

================================================== =============

Thank you for the very kind people who is sponsoring this build to make it more affordable for a 17 year-old.

The Design:

Current state:

Sponsorship From ModPC.co.uk:

Sponsorship From Performance PC's

Sponsorship from E22: Custom reservoir!

------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Razer2007; 27th Dec 2014 at 21:36.
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 21:01   #2
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Update #01 :: Corner Pieces and Making back panel

13 September 2011

=================================

The first thing I did was to make corner pieces for the shell (not a frame). These were cut out of 8mm thick aluminium and filed down to size and shape. Here is how they fit. Please note that I am using temporary screws. Tomorrow I am collecting a package from Aquatuning and also 150 M4X8 Countersunk Allen Cap Stainless Steel screws.... yum.

I cut out the vents and I/O cutout on the back panel. First I printed the schematic at 100% scale, and pasted it on the aluminum panel with pritt (LOL)

I started by drilling holes in the corners of the vents.

Then complete the cut with my jigsaw.

After a while of filing, this is what I got. It's still rough but just needs some good sanding. I also used the same method to cut out the I/O cutout.

Then I attached the M-ATX motherboard tray from Performance PC's to the back.

The next thing on the list is to make the top and front curved panel and attach it to the rest of the case.

Old 13th Sep 2011, 21:39   #3
Aniki Stinson
In cornichons we trust.

Aniki Stinson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, this is a very nice design. I wish you the best with the wood panels and brushed (anodized ?) aluminum.

By the way :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007
I do love the USB hub on the left side. It's clever
Old 13th Sep 2011, 22:05   #4
Waynio
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Hoooooleeeeee sheeet This looks beautiful, subbed .
Looks like an excellent start too .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 22:14   #5
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anything Razer comes up with is the project of dreams. This is just beautiful, I look forward to more.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 22:39   #6
confusis
Kiwi-modder

confusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysis
Yay, It has started! Amazing changes from the original shape, been proud to see this one evolve to the final design. Good luck mate!
confusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 23:19   #7
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
I ve been waiting for this and here we are!! Nice sponsors you got there bro and really nice design. Take your time, redo anything you dont like and it will look just perfect! Mod on my friend I am watching!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 23:20   #8
Shazbom
Multimodder

Shazbom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice Job Razer.. keep it up.. didn't know you were 17...
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=163363
Shazbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2011, 23:48   #9
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Wow! That is a really REALLY nice design! You probably don't need this, but anyhow, GOOD LUCK!

Follow me on: https://www.facebook.com/lovehultenau
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 01:17   #10
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Interesting work! Case looks great. It has an Attila-ish feel to it. I talk frequently to people how modders affect other modders style and build, was wondering if his style wore off on you guys at all??
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 01:56   #11
LeandroJVarini
Mod is my life!

LeandroJVarini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I loved the format of the case! following
Old 14th Sep 2011, 06:55   #12
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki Stinson View Post
Well, this is a very nice design. I wish you the best with the wood panels and brushed (anodized ?) aluminum.

By the way :

I do love the USB hub on the left side. It's clever
Yes it was quite hard to get a nice place for them. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Hoooooleeeeee sheeet This looks beautiful, subbed .
Looks like an excellent start too .
Thank Wayne. I hope it turns out as good as Stealthlow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Anything Razer comes up with is the project of dreams. This is just beautiful, I look forward to more.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusis View Post
Yay, It has started! Amazing changes from the original shape, been proud to see this one evolve to the final design. Good luck mate!
Yes my friend and thanks again for the help on the design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
I ve been waiting for this and here we are!! Nice sponsors you got there bro and really nice design. Take your time, redo anything you dont like and it will look just perfect! Mod on my friend I am watching!
Yep here I am. I will do my best to make this look perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbom View Post
Nice Job Razer.. keep it up.. didn't know you were 17...
LOL yes I am. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Wow! That is a really REALLY nice design! You probably don't need this, but anyhow, GOOD LUCK!
Thanks quizz_kid. I need all the luck I can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland216 View Post
Interesting work! Case looks great. It has an Attila-ish feel to it. I talk frequently to people how modders affect other modders style and build, was wondering if his style wore off on you guys at all??
You hit the nail on the head Where do you think the wood came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandroJVarini View Post
I loved the format of the case! following
Thank you
Old 14th Sep 2011, 07:26   #13
Attila
still thinking....

Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Attila is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's a lovely design mate. Good luck with the build.
Old 14th Sep 2011, 09:20   #14
Editor22
E22 | Hex-Gear

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's been an amazing journey watching this grow from the initial designs to how it looks today. Like Alex said
Quote:
Take your time, redo anything you dont like...
and I'm positive you will have a podium spot case
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 09:30   #15
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Good luck with you're Project Razer i will be following this very closely
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 16:10   #16
PR1ME
More ideas than talent or money.

PR1ME has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
SUBSCRIBED! Wowza!
PR1ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 16:56   #17
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
That's a lovely design mate. Good luck with the build.
Thanks I'm glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
It's been an amazing journey watching this grow from the initial designs to how it looks today. Like Alex said and I'm positive you will have a podium spot case
Yes It was quite a trip, and thank you for the influence you had on the design too And the res

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
Good luck with you're Project Razer i will be following this very closely
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1ME View Post
SUBSCRIBED! Wowza!
Old 14th Sep 2011, 22:53   #18
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Oh, oh, oh.... I just HAVE to see where this one is going.

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 23:54   #19
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I LIKE! The render looks like it should have a StarTrek figurine inside.

Blue tape on the metal with the pattern glued to it should resist peeling better.

@editor - Dude? Is that milled from a solid bit of plastic? Sweet!

Last edited by Cheapskate; 15th Sep 2011 at 00:18.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2011, 00:31   #20
Editor22
E22 | Hex-Gear

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post

@editor - Dude? Is that milled from a solid bit of plastic? Sweet!
It is The block started out as 5" x 5" x 11" but after some table saw action it was more manageable. Was actually the most complex thing I have milled so far, using 4 tools and milling on 3 sides!

Last edited by Editor22; 15th Sep 2011 at 09:26.
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, danelle vivier, watercooling, wood

View Mode