bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old Yesterday, 21:51   #1
gardnerphotos
What's a Dremel?

gardnerphotos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gardnerphotos' G5

Welcome to my next mod, (and my first on Bit Tech) I have been planning this one for a while and seeing as I have now finished Sour Apple it is time to start again.

I realize that many of you may not know who I am as previously I have been strictly OCN but I have decided to venture onto Bit Tech this time around, my previous mod, Sour Apple, can be seen here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1386294/c...le-photo-heavy

This time I am going above and beyond the 'standard' G5 mod which IMHO is overdone and a bit boring. What I have planned is going to take the G5 to the next level, the only thing I will say is 2 480mm radiators and a 240mm radiator, go figure...

I have just collected 4 G5s in varying condition, 3 of them have severely damaged feet and they have their fair share of dents and dings although that is not a problem for what I have planned. All 4 G5s will be involved in the mod so this should be exciting

I have begun stripping them down and found that two of them are the watercooled ones which is pretty awesome. I have a 1.8Ghz, a 2Ghz which are the older models and then I have two 2005 models, a 2.3Ghz and a 2.5Ghz of which one is a quad core model. The 2.5Ghz one actually has all of its parts so might boot up but I have no power cable for it. However between the lot of them I should be able to scrape together a working system, the 2.5Ghz also came with a 750GB Hard Drive which is pretty nice

So far I am leaning towards the Gigabyte Z87X OC motherboard with 3 way crossfire 7970s or 7950s. At the moment I have no funds for hardware so the case will come first and by the time the custom work is done I should have saved enough

Any suggestions for a name are welcomed too!

Last edited by gardnerphotos; Yesterday at 22:00.
gardnerphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:51   #2
gardnerphotos
What's a Dremel?

reserved for final photos
Old Yesterday, 21:56   #3
gardnerphotos
What's a Dremel?

Have some photos

Old Yesterday, 22:04   #4
Monsieur R.
In cornichons I trust.

Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
When I saw your first post ithout any picture I was a bit affraid. But when I realized that you were THE gardner, author of one of the best G4 Mod ever, well, I started to drool. Your super G5 mod will be awesome, I'm willing to bet a buck !
Old Yesterday, 22:13   #5
gardnerphotos
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur R. View Post
When I saw your first post ithout any picture I was a bit affraid. But when I realized that you were THE gardner, author of one of the best G4 Mod ever, well, I started to drool. Your super G5 mod will be awesome, I'm willing to bet a buck !
Haha nope its me thanks for the kind words
Old Today, 03:24   #6
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks like you plan to Frankenstein at least two together to make a larger case. -I like.
Also, Welcome to Bit-Tech.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode