bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Custom PC and bit-tech Folding Team

Old 26th Feb 2013, 16:20   #21
TaRkA DaHl
I *am* a Dremel

TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk46 View Post
I'm going to have everything folding even my lappy which pulls about 1500ppd lol
That's the whole idea, make everything fold! Last year I built up any systems I could with odd bits and even had my parents system going for most of the time.
TaRkA DaHl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 17:12   #22
Scorpuk
Supermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis

Folding Summary
Phantek Enthoo Primo; Asus Sabertooth X79; i7-3930K; 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Hydro Copper Signature; 16GB DDR3 2400MHz; Silverstone SilverStone SST-ST1200-G; Samsung 500GB 840 Evo; 2TB HDD; Windows 7 Ult. 64bit.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 17:17   #23
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Old 26th Feb 2013, 17:57   #24
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 18:26   #25
Xavier Zepherious
What's a Dremel?

Xavier Zepherious has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
info for you team Capts(regarding a new captain forum)
http://www.overclock.net/t/1349392/2...#post_19370076
Xavier Zepherious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 19:15   #26
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Zepherious View Post
info for you team Capts(regarding a new captain forum)
http://www.overclock.net/t/1349392/2...#post_19370076
Ok, i'll get myself over there and registered

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:20   #27
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
UPDATE-y thing

EVGA are proposing dropping the Chimp names and just going purely on the team stats/points...

their argument, which personally I agree with, is trying to get get everyone over to the one name is a bit of a mare, especially if a team has a lot of members [like they do] or if people have several machines that all need updating [like a lot of you]...

Is this ok with the team?

also a lot of the captains have gone awol [myself included for which i apologise] so there's not been much discussion going on resulting in the traditional mad short-notice scramble...

I'll keep y'all updated as and when I hear more...

Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:30   #28
Scorpuk
Supermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
I think this sounds a good idea.

It should mean those who aren't active on the forums much, or at all, but fold for the team can still participate.

I presume some cut off point is recorded against all teams and they watch from that point on?

It was a bit of a chore changing all the comps over to the chimp name last time and then changing back. :-)

It gets my vote.

Folding Summary
Phantek Enthoo Primo; Asus Sabertooth X79; i7-3930K; 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Hydro Copper Signature; 16GB DDR3 2400MHz; Silverstone SilverStone SST-ST1200-G; Samsung 500GB 840 Evo; 2TB HDD; Windows 7 Ult. 64bit.
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:38   #29
kirk46
Cheesecake Nom Nom

kirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyankirk46 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm fine with that too

Have we got a start date etc?

And details of points etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:41   #30
Scorpuk
Supermodder

it would also be neat if custom pc ran an article before, during and after.

edit: lol that be 3 months in magazine time. maybe before and after.

Folding Summary
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:44   #31
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
UPDATE-y thing

EVGA are proposing dropping the Chimp names and just going purely on the team stats/points...

their argument, which personally I agree with, is trying to get get everyone over to the one name is a bit of a mare, especially if a team has a lot of members [like they do] or if people have several machines that all need updating [like a lot of you]...

Is this ok with the team?

also a lot of the captains have gone awol [myself included for which i apologise] so there's not been much discussion going on resulting in the traditional mad short-notice scramble...

I'll keep y'all updated as and when I hear more...
Glad you are on it mate, I seen you signed up to the new captains forum nice one, I have had no free time to look into it or sign up myself yet so glad you are on it

This is going to be a tricky one as one of the whole points of having the CC was teamwork and to use a unified team name for the challenge.

End of the day im in it plus what ever I can get my hands on to fold on for the challenge but some might not be so willing, but then again if we are just folding as per normal then technically everyone is taking part anyway which leads me to what has been said other years which is, what's the point in even having the challenge if everything is just carrying on as normal with maybe a few extra PPD where others join in...

I know a lot of people from every team will like this method as there own point totals don't loose out during the challenge which is not what folding it about, its about the science and contributing to a good cause not point totals which im sorry to say I think CERTAIN teams are all about the points especially those offering incentives to fold rather than the good cause

My 2p's worth anyway and like I say I will throw everything I can at it as normal, maybe it might work out if handled correctly

We'll have a private catchup over PM soon as well bud
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:50   #32
RedFlames
is not KidMod

i see where you're coming from coolamasta, but i can also see where EVGA are coming from to...

and i look forward to that chat... might want to pm some alternate contact details though... the main cause of my AWOL streak is the fact the majority of my PC is off to various places for RMA [at this moment in time I have no monitor, GPU and am missing a HDD... had to kidnap the parents PC to keep tabs on all this]

Old 12th Mar 2013, 22:58   #33
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
... what's the point in even having the challenge if everything is just carrying on as normal with maybe a few extra PPD where others join in...
My feelings also.
Old 12th Mar 2013, 23:57   #34
vasileioszografos
Modder

vasileioszografos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
would love to contribute. Can you tell us what we need to do? like idiot's guide in very few bullet points. And when of course.

Cant stand long emails

Folding stats
vasileioszografos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2013, 00:07   #35
debs3759

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasileioszografos View Post
would love to contribute. Can you tell us what we need to do? like idiot's guide in very few bullet points. And when of course.

Cant stand long emails
If they change it so we don't have a special user name, you won't have to do anything special. Read the last few posts for more info on that.

HeatWare
Old 13th Mar 2013, 00:12   #36
vasileioszografos
Modder

ok as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps come up with a good incentive and it might just work (i.e. the team that win gets a huge bonus or something, or teams that hit performance targets get bonuses etc I dont know)

Folding stats
Old 13th Mar 2013, 01:15   #37
debs3759

Who is supposed to provide the incentives you are asking for? It is supposed to be a friendly competition betwen a few teams, not sponsored by Stanford. The point of folding is to help the science, Stanford aren't going to add extra points for a team that "win" a competition that is nothing to do with either them or the science.

HeatWare
Old 13th Mar 2013, 20:08   #38
vasileioszografos
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
Who is supposed to provide the incentives you are asking for?
Santa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
"win" a competition that is nothing to do with either them or the science.
I think not.
Such competitions are a huge boost to the scientific community and their work. And perhaps they could do well to encourage, assist and reward such incentives. It is not like we are making it for money now is it?

Folding stats
Old 14th Mar 2013, 22:22   #39
Taffy
Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Taffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would prefer it if we keep the Chimp names, its not difficult to change, after all if an ancient like me can do it, it MUST be easy
have Just added a couple of SSD's to the main rig and cleaned out the rubbish
Old 14th Mar 2013, 23:04   #40
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
The incentive is the glory of taking part, of being able to say 'I took part'. Which is why we should fold under a special team-name, not just business-as-usual.

" And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. "

Last edited by Christopher N. Lew; 14th Mar 2013 at 23:10.
Christopher N. Lew is offline   Reply With Quote