bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Feb 2013, 10:21   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
AMD hints at more Radeon HD 7000 Series products

Rubbishes the Nvidia GeForce Titan, too.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-radeon-7000/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 10:36   #2
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
I wonder if lack of new cards is down to the new Playstation 4 and Xbox taking up all the capacity at the foundry's for the next 6-8mths or so, getting enough of them manufactured for the Christmas launch window.?
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 10:48   #3
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I'm not sure why he felt he needed to bring so much attention to their Gaming Evolved marketing. As a consumer it doesn't really bother me what appears before the title screen. Too busy pressing Esc.

The Titan may well be a response to current AMD affairs, still seems like an awesome bit of kit.
Old 19th Feb 2013, 12:08   #4
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
might be due to the current reshuffling of resources at AMD as well, development might have been slowed down a bit due to the extremely low sales of the CPU side of AMD, might be a good reason to up research on their GPU parts though, from what is happening, its the only "real" point that is driving the company now. (yeah yeah, I know alot will be defending the "fusion and the low cost AMD cpus is where they are strong)
Old 19th Feb 2013, 14:49   #5
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Nvidia needs to get the pricing of the 670 down, the 7950 Ghz is scraping at it's heels, and the 7970 is at the same pricepoint.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 16:57   #6
aggies11
Multimodder

aggies11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Weird time for the Discrete Graphics chip/card market now. Nvidia focusing heavily on mobile (with mixed results) and AMD in it's ever changing corporate direction (Graphics, CPUs, embedded... ?).

And the two definitely can't stop taking shots at each other at least in terms of PR.

The market definitely seems to be in a "wait and see" period before the ramp up of the new consoles at the end of the year. Possibly waiting for better graphics in the living room to stoke a desire for PC users (and PC game makers) to want better graphics in the desktop too.

Yet we have Valve with Steam pushing the PC as a platform harder then it ever has (Steambox etc).

Strange times indeed, not sure how it will shake out. I do love the PC as a plattform and all the flexibility it provides (mods, tweaking, SweetFX, FXAAInjectors, custom shaders, ENBSeries etc), so I'd hate to see all that come to an end.
aggies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 19:09   #7
ksyruz
What's a Dremel?

ksyruz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bet AMD is reconsidering renaming the 7000 series design into the 8000 series and bringing a whole new design.

Secondly the Titan is named appropriately, it's a big piece of kit for a godly sum. You can get 3 way crossfire or 3 way sli for the same price, and perform better.
ksyruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 11:57   #8
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wow, the beauty of the AMD PR machine facepalm is quite hilariously sad if it wasn't so tragic for the company.

Why not fire the entire marketing department and put that money into the development division.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 02:15   #9
BlueFalcon
What's a Dremel?

BlueFalcon has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlueFalcon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why would it be tragic for AMD? How many people buy $1000 GPUs? <1% of the entire discrete GPU segment. AMD currently has the best game bundles and the best price/performance at almost every level on the desktop. NV is riding the hype train with the Titan instead of dropping prices on GTX600 cards to appropriate levels. It's just a marketing stunt.

HD7900 clocked its best selling month in January. The Titan is an awesome card but it costs more than 2x for less than 40% performance increase, much less at 1600P and triple monitor gaming. Ironically the Titan makes HD7970 Ghz look even better since its means you can get 75% of its performance for less than half price! If NV brings out GK114 or cut-down GK110 chips, then AMD should be worried.

What's a real shame here is NV more or less doubling the price of flagship large die chips and there are going to be plenty of fanboys who will pay those prices which would allow NV to sell mid-range chips at previously high-end prices with 20nm GPUs and beyond. Not a great development for PC gamers.
BlueFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 10:27   #10
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's so tragic for AMD since the marketing department has to spend the conference call talking about a better product and a better manufacturer instead of their own product. Hiding their own shortcomings behind cheap shots is on old but common ploy by the AMD marketing department. As in this case and every other case, the egg has been left on their faces. The Titan, as quoted by Bit-tech themselves "Yet, given the choice between Titan or a multi-GPU setup, we’d opt for the reliability of the Titan every time." You cannot argue with that truth and AMD know this. The Titan was never released in any response to whatever AMD are doing. Nvidia didn't need to since there is no competition to the Titan.

AMD should stick to the console market since their product only ever seems to manage console ports anyway. How many console port developers have they jumped into bed with? I wonder why?
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 06:23   #11
Ghast
uh...

Ghast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The amount of future revenue AMD has secured from console productions seems promising for investing a lot into development (refinement?) of their graphics arm.
Ghast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd, asus ares ii, darren mcphee, devon nekechuk, gcn, gk110, graphics card, nvidia, nvidia titan, radeon, roy taylor