Yellow 5 5.05%
Pink (Raspberry Colour) 61 61.62%
Red 16 16.16%
Purple 7 7.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th Feb 2013, 16:48   #1
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Raspberry Pi Competition - The 'Golden' Wet Pi. *Finished with final Pictures*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,
I will be building a scratch case for the RPi and also watercooling it. The block will span across the three main hot spots of the board. I also know there is no need to watercool it, but I like to do something alittle different and hopefully have a Pi to put in it!

Why am I doing this project?

I hadn't been on bit-tech forum for a while, and was one day browsing the site looking for inspiration to get me to mod/build a new case. I came across Combatus post about the competition, the first thing that came to mind was... "why not watercool this thing?" - That became a problem, as I started to look at jrs77 (thanks by the way) model of the RPi and throw some modelling ideas on CAD, it quickly became apparent that the thing was alot smaller then I first anticipated. Not to worry I thought, il give it ago so thats where we are.

Things to be done:

- Re machine the new designed for waterblock. DONE
- Polish the acrylic for the top of res. DONE
- Cut the acrylic for the top of waterblock. DONE
- Polish the waterblock and res with 1500, 2000, 2500 grit WnD. DONE
- Cut the Pi board holders. DONE
- Tap the waterblock M1.6. DONE
- Turn down some hose fittings DONE
- Gold plate all the aluminium DONE
- Powder Coat the Raspberry Pi holders DONE
- Assemble and test DONE
- COMPLETE THE WET PI. DONE

--------------------------------------------Raspberry Pi--------------------------------------------

Watercooled Raspberry Pi
Hopefully the first one in the world?

--------------------------------------------Raspberry Pi--------------------------------------------

Waterblock:
Here's a picture of the waterblock, latest picture!

Radiator:
Water tight test.

The dims for the block are: 98.5 x 70.0 x 17.0mm and made of Aluminium and acrylic. I will be gold plating the Aluminium on both the rad and waterblock.

Pump:
This is the pump that will be used for this build, http://www.micropumps.co.uk/

Last edited by Phame; 30th Apr 2013 at 19:31. Reason: Tidy up the front page.
Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 16:50   #2
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
How deliciously extravagant.

I assume you've already watercooled your smartphone?

I'll be watching this one eagerly.
Old 19th Feb 2013, 16:58   #3
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
How deliciously extravagant.

I assume you've already watercooled your smartphone?

I'll be watching this one eagerly.
That was a quick reply!

Cheers dude!
Old 19th Feb 2013, 17:12   #4
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
a watercooled pi? this is awesomely riduculus but i'll watch for sure!

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 17:24   #5
White-Fox
Multimodder

White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.White-Fox is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
holy s**t dude i am truly waiting more from this! good job.
White-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 17:29   #6
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
a watercooled pi? this is awesomely riduculus but i'll watch for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White-Fox View Post
holy s**t dude i am truly waiting more from this! good job.
Cheers guys!

Won't let ya down!
Old 19th Feb 2013, 17:41   #7
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How exactly is the radiator removing the heat from the loop? It looks just like another water block.
Old 19th Feb 2013, 17:48   #8
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
How exactly is the radiator removing the heat from the loop? It looks just like another water block.
Its similar to having another waterblock but with an added heatsink type configuration machined into the back with possibly a fan to deplace the heat, if there is any!

Loved Acronym by the way!
Old 19th Feb 2013, 18:17   #9
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Let's talk about overkill

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 18:43   #10
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
-All for a prize that costs less than a meal at the local fast-food shop.
That's the kind of crazy, gung-ho, madcap thinking that brought me here in the first place. Glorious!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 19:37   #11
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hoooooooooly sh*t.
This is the pure meaning of overkill.
But this is gonne be awesome

You could try to overclock it, the cooling should be fine :P
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 19:56   #12
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Let's talk about overkill
- Cheers for the time you took to do that model dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
That's the kind of crazy, gung-ho, madcap thinking that brought me here in the first place. Glorious!
I know its only cheap but being eXtreme is why we enjoy doing these things right?
I think the gold plating is going to be more expensive then alot of Pi's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
Hoooooooooly sh*t.
This is the pure meaning of overkill.
But this is gonne be awesome

You could try to overclock it, the cooling should be fine :P
Thanks dude, I will overclock it just for you
Old 19th Feb 2013, 20:09   #13
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame

Thanks dude, I will overclock it just for you
Yaaaay
A 5Ghz Raspberry...
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 07:46   #14
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Awesome! I was just thinking that some one should do watercooled Pi. And I start browsing the forums and here it is. Will be following this like a hawk.
Also good luck for the competition.
Old 21st Feb 2013, 18:24   #15
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
Yaaaay
A 5Ghz Raspberry...
I think the max is 1GHz but il have a go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
Awesome! I was just thinking that some one should do watercooled Pi. And I start browsing the forums and here it is. Will be following this like a hawk.
Also good luck for the competition.
Thats what I was thinking when I first saw the Pi comp. Thankyou dude..
Loving Bulky by the way looks scchweeeet!

Little update ive changed the Rad/Res render below.

Will be machining this up in abit when the CNC has finished cutting a tool.

Old 21st Feb 2013, 18:57   #16
NoobNeb
Derpy

NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.NoobNeb is definitely a rep cheat.
New design is much more apt enough renders already though let's see some metal action
Old 21st Feb 2013, 19:45   #17
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Ha! Love it!
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:42   #18
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
From the rad i thought you were gonna use orang and blacks loop to cool it. That wouldve proven to be quite interesting

Overkill is awesome

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 00:49   #19
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
yup, couldn't agree more.

looks like we have a winner for the comp now...given you finish this.

completely insane, completely stupid and nuts, totally overkill, fully bonkers. and thus....completely awesome.
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 02:37   #20
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
^this^

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode