bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:02   #1
Kronos
As simple as that,well I never

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

These days you switch on the television and yet another load of 'ordinary' people are getting their fifteen minutes of fame. Be it a game show or reality program, antiques show or property buying/selling. Thousands are clamoring to be seen on the box. and of course once you have been on the television you are then a 'celebrity'.

Which got me to thinking of my own moments in the public limelight but for me it was not the road to fame and riches just a few moments when I was was on the telly.

My first appearance was in a Weetabix advert age,all I can say I was young,had to run through a field of wheat, jump a ditch and turn back and call my dog. I might add that there was no stunt double for the ditch jumping scene, it was all my own work. For that I got a chauffeur driven car to take me to and from the shoot site,notice the casual but accurate terminology,and I think around 20 quid, a lot of money at the time.

The second time is when the kids home I lived in in Harrow appeared on the local news program and I was selected to kick a football, I have no idea why, possibly a strange TV ritual.

The third time and this is one for the older forum members, I appeared on Crackerjack and I got a pencil. To my shame I cannot remember who the presenter was at the time but I do remember it was not much fun. You were pushed and shoved all over the place by the TV people just so you were in the right positions for the camera shots, there it is again,casual use of terminology.

So there you have it, since then I have shied away from the limelight,preferring to live a life of quiet industriousness.

So the question remains unanswered: Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?
Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:08   #2
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
I can be seen in the background for an interview with some girls at the movie premiere for Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. My leather jacket and backpack anyway.

Umm so not really in the video and not fame but still know it was me.

Nothing else really though as a claim to fame i have met some A list movie stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:21   #3
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
My name is in the credits for Game of Thrones...by the time season 3 has finished airing that might add up to about 2 minutes so far
Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:37   #4
Kronos
As simple as that,well I never

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
i have met some A list movie stars
I had jelly and ice cream with the Beatles at Hammersmith Palais in the sixties but that does not count towards 15 minutes of fame as it was not televised or filmed. No pictures either, very sad.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:46   #5
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I met and spent the day with Quentin blake a few years back, lovely guy.
deathtaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 08:55   #6
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
If security footage counts, I've been drinking and chatting to the All Blacks and the Australian rugby teams several times in '06-'09 and once with a few of from the Saffa team.

Other than that, a few minor celebs, a couple gig afterparties and drinking with one of my favourite Saffa bands, Prime Circle
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 09:00   #7
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Many, many years ago, I was linked with Nell McAndrew, as I was working with her at a radio station. Having finished a day's work, we got snapped heading into a restaurant to get some food. My 15 minutes of fame? The media thought I was dating her. Still good friends with her now, thanks to that.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 09:08   #8
Boorach
Supermodder

Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.
Was interviewed on the Scottish news when I was 10. Was the youngest member of our local kart club and we were hosting the Scottish Championships.
Boorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 09:36   #9
CraigWatson
Level Chuck Norris

CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CraigWatson is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My only 'claim to fame' so far is CPC Folder of the Month, though I forget the month!

That said, I have met a couple of famous people:

Me & Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain (taken in 2006, I was 19 at the time)

Me & Queen guitarist Brian May (taken in August 2011)
Bass Guitars: Akai Project 1997 4-string | Fender American Deluxe Precision V 5-string
CraigWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 09:41   #10
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My arsehole had its fifteen minutes of fame detailed in the thread linked in my sig.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 09:49   #11
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Some of my work was displayed in the Royal College of Art, but that's about it.
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 10:08   #12
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
My name is in the credits for Game of Thrones...by the time season 3 has finished airing that might add up to about 2 minutes so far
What did you do on it?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 10:23   #13
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
What's this television thing you speak of?

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 12:49   #14
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, there was that episode of Crimewatch, but it was an uncredited appearance...

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 12:59   #15
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I did some model work for GAP. It was wierd to see my chops on posters in stores.

I was 20 and went to the Gym 7 days a week for two hours.

I'm now touching 29 and I struggle to do the gym 3 times a week.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:03   #16
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was in the queue on Antiques Roadshow at Burghley House, clear as day, spotted by a few people. You're welcome to come and touch me.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:07   #17
BennieboyUK
CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.BennieboyUK is definitely a rep cheat.
Used to play waterpolo for GB and played with Prince Willy-bum for a while, not really fame. But I don't have anything else to add!
i7 980x @ 4.4Ghz|12GB Dominator GT 2133mhz|Rampage III|4gb GTX 680 Classified's SLI|830 256GB|Antec 1200w|PF1000|R3|U2711 Hyper-V 2012: Dell 1900 | Dual Xeon E5320 | 32GB DDR2 ECC | LSI @ Raid5 5.452tb WHS: 8gb HP N40L 10tb x8 WD 2tb RED's Raid 6+1 on SRCSASBB8I with BBU
BennieboyUK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:07   #18
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Having one of my tweets in response to the Burger King twitter 'hack' go viral and having my name & photo on news websites around the world when they mentioned my tweet.

edit: the tweet I made was this https://twitter.com/flibblesan/statu...57394393362434

making the news in random places like St Louis in the US http://fox2now.com/2013/02/18/burger...-to-mcdonalds/

Last edited by flibblesan; 20th Feb 2013 at 13:22.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:13   #19
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan View Post
Having one of my tweets in response to the Burger King twitter 'hack' go viral and having my name & photo on news websites around the world when they mentioned my tweet.
Intrigued, I am.

And how can I follow you on Twitter, good sir?
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:23   #20
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroome View Post
Intrigued, I am.

And how can I follow you on Twitter, good sir?
twitter.com/flibblesan
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode