bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:39   #1
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Noisy Neighbours

For once, I mean for this to be serious, but I suspect it will descend into anarchy... but here goes.

I have a slight problem with my flat, in the fact that the building is quite old, and the walls are rather thin. Now, this wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for my next door neighbour.

Every night, without fail.. thump thump thump thump thump and the moanings of an 18th century French harlot come screaming out.. and not in a pleasant manner.

I'm sorely tempted to leave her an anonymous letter, suggesting she quieten down, but as there are only three flats on our floor, it'd be rather obvious who it must have been.

I could retaliate with peculiar noises of my own, but that'd just be a little stupid and would probably require too much coercion to pull off.

So, is there anything I can do, bar waiting for it and sticking in some headphones, or am I screwed? (pun intended)
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:45   #2
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
talk to your land-lord and tell him your problem? He might be able to do something about it
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:47   #3
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
If you go the council noise complaints route, they will tell you to keep a diary of each time a noise occurs.

They will also ask you to try the polite way and ask them directly if they could keep the noise down.

So, I suggest you do those first.

If you believe that said 18th Century gutter snipe is going to react in a term that is associated with a female dog say to the council that you did try to sort it out and you also have this diary of each time it happens.

She will be slapped with a keep the noise down notice (which won't tell her who made the complaint) and if she continues to persist, it will only get worse for her.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:48   #4
jizwizard
in shirty's pouch

jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.jizwizard is definitely a rep cheat.
Go round and show her how to moan properly
jizwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:50   #5
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picarro View Post
talk to your land-lord and tell him your problem? He might be able to do something about it
Good point.

If her property is indeed rented, any letter she receives from the local authority about any type of complaint, is also sent to her landlord (if he/she registered themselves as said landlord for that property).

That would soon shut them up.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 13:55   #6
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I think a discrete note posted under the door might be the best option - usually I would say go down the official channels, but chances are sex noises will drive the embarrassment factor up to 11.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:01   #7
bigc90210
Teh C

bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
(someones got to say it) toss, toss, and toss, then you should be able to get to sleep regardless of the noise ;D

Just kidding, note through the door sounds best imo
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, i7 4770k @ 4.7GHz, EK Supremacy, 32GB (4x8gb) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600Mhz 1.5v, 3 x W/C Titans in SLI, 500gb Samsung 840, 3x128GB Corsair SATA 3 SSD's in Raid 5, 2x2TB WD Greens in RAID 1, Corsair 540, Logitech G19, Razer Naga Molten, Razer Vaspula, Razer Kraken, Leap Motion, Triple 27" 2560x1440p,
bigc90210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:03   #8
Prometheus
Supermodder

Prometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah just a discrete note saying the neighbours would appreciate it if you could keep the noise down would be best.

Failing all other routes record them and play it back loud at a later time, kinda looses a a little anonymity as they will know where the sounds are coming from but usually gets the point across!
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:08   #9
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just remember to refer to the time of the noise too. She might not realise what noise you are talking about
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:13   #10
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
Note under the door explaining exactly what can be heard in lurid prose, signed "one of the families with children in this block".

Removes all notion it might be you, and the prospect that it's keeping little Jimmy up at night shaking and causing him to underachieve at school should be enough to quieten all but the most disgusting bikes.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:36   #11
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Man up and tell her. I had a neighbour who'd come home from their night shift and promptly do a power exercise dvd. When it happened for the second time at 6am on a Saturday he got a rather pissed off neighbour at his door asking what on earth he was doing, as it sounded like a basketball being thrown at the wall. Suffice to say it quietened down and I think he either does it while I'm out now or has joined a gym.

I'd disturb her in the act, there's nothing like being disturbed while on the job. Just a polite, "I can hear you plain as day, can you keep it down please?"
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:40   #12
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 15:09   #13
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Knock on door, proceed to shout, result?
Old 20th Feb 2013, 15:12   #14
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Pop a note under the door saying how much you enjoy having a soundtrack to strum away to of an evening.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 15:13   #15
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
I'd disturb her in the act, there's nothing like being disturbed while on the job. Just a polite, "I can hear you plain as day, can you keep it down please?"
That is a passion killer of epic proportions.
Old 20th Feb 2013, 16:43   #16
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Just don't thump on the wall..that royally pisses people off and it won't get you anywhere.

Record it on your phone and then make sure to bump into her in the hallway and play it back to her. That will shut her up hahaha

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 17:21   #17
erratum1
Needs a new avatar !

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Knock on the door and politely tell her that the walls are thin and you can hear everything she might be embarassed.

Trying to make noise as well is a bad idea these things escalate out of proportion, and they might think your just being an a-hole.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 17:29   #18
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by erratum1 View Post
Knock on the door and politely tell her that the walls are thin and you can hear everything
This. How come none of you considered direct and honest communication? That should be the first thing you do before seeking help.

Being polite helps too, if there's any humanity left in that person.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 18:15   #19
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Buy her a present.

theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 18:48   #20
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Do this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/95camry4life

Or:

http://xkcd.com/316/

Or:

Microphone + amplifier + speaker pointed against their flat, send the spam back to its destination!

View Mode