bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:21   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gigabyte launches ultra-thin mini-ITX motherboards

H77TN and B75TN boards aimed at AIOs.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...hin-mini-itx/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:28   #2
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
surely once you add the HSF, all that hard work goes to waste?
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:32   #3
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@coolius: Not really. You think too conservatively :

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...25&ss_index=64

Old 21st Feb 2013, 13:10   #4
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Or use
FlatCoolPipes

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums...hp?f=8&t=63014

Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 13:19   #5
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Awesome. Especially if you look for low-power CPUs and pair that thing with passive cooled cases like the Akasa Euler or the Streacom lineup. With the integrated PSU it's even better.

I especially like the PCIe 4x slot, as it's not a dedicated PEG slot, so you can use it for a DVB S/T dualtuner. Another good thing is the LVDS-port, so you can internally connect LCDs, which are available with touch for little money.

This screams for a really good HTPC and now we have options other then the intel DQ77KB.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 14:57   #6
Xlog
Supermodder

Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Probably no vt-d support and realtek NIC, I think I'll stick with DQ77KB.
Old 21st Feb 2013, 16:12   #7
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
If height reduction is the goal, why aren't the side connectors angled?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 16:40   #8
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Angled sata cables ?
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 18:00   #9
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was bored today, so I made a quick mockup of the GA-H77TN in SketchUp...

http://www.filedropper.com/ga-h77tn

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 06:39   #10
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PCIe x4?
Oh, this is of super high interest for gamers...
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 08:09   #11
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio20
PCIe x4?
Who said gamers? This for AIOs and people who want to build stupid-small systems.

I wouldn't be up for paying much of a premium, as it's certainly not 43% shorter than the ASRock ITX board sitting next to me here - closer to 25%, and that's because the tallest thing on it is the audio on the rear I/O - 6-channel plus optical.) From the look of the board above, it's only got mic in and stereo out. Integrated PSU is nice, though - tallest thing on mine is the Pico-PSU plugged into the 24-pin connector (on the other hand, with the right PSU and AC/DC converter, I could power any IB processor I damn well please...)

Second on Xir's comment as well - no right-angle SATA at all? How stupid.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 09:54   #12
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio20 View Post
PCIe x4?
PCIe x4 3.0 is equal to PCIe x8 2.0, which is equal to PCIe x16 1.1. Are you still sure you did want to say that ?

PCI-E 2.0 x4 vs PCI-E 2.0 x16 equals to 4% loss : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...caling/25.html . And we are at PCI-E 3.0 now, which is not used much at all (most cards have sub-PCI-E 2.0 x16 bandwidth requirements, if not all). Are you still sure you did want to say that ?
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 10:44   #13
jrs77
theorycrafting

You don't need the SATA-connectors actually, as this board has two mSATA ports allowing for a WiFi-card and a mSATA SSD.

Additionally, the PCIe 4x is actually very nice, as it lets you use a DVB-T/S dualtuner card, which normally doesn't work in a dedicated PCIe x16 PEG-slot.

So, can you say HTPC with DVB-T/S dualtuner, WiFi card, onboard SSD and all of this in a box as small as 250x180x30mm (WxDxH), probably passively cooled with heatpipes attached to the enclosure.?

Tags
aio, all in one, b75, b75tn, ga-b75tn, ga-h77tn, gigabyte, h77, h77tn, mini-itx, motherboard, thin mini-itx, thin motherboard