bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 17th Sep 2015, 02:46   #1
rainbowbridge
Mod Master

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
"Devastating" Winter Predicted for UK

Devastating" Winter Predicted for UK

Meteorological officials in the United Kingdom are warning that the upcoming winter season could arrive early, and see both record snowfall and low temperatures. The conditions are expected to either reach or surpass conditions in the winter of 1962-63, when temperatures plunged to -20C.

The cause for this bleak forecast is due to the recent weakening of the Gulf Stream current in the North Atlantic, of which would normally bring warm water to the UK from further south. This situation is also being exacerbated by the current period of reduced solar output, and may be affected further by the super-El Nio currently being experienced in the Pacific.

"October is likely to see a real chill at times in terms of temperatures due to below-average sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic and a virtually non-existent Gulf Stream," explains Exacta Weather forecaster James Madden. This is of some real significance to us in terms of future weather patterns, and this is also likely to result in a much colder than average November with the first significant snow of the year in parts of the north."

Britain's Meteorological Office, more popularly known as the Met Office, is forecasting a number of weeks of odd weather, then expects temperatures to drop below average going into October.

Emergency services have been warned to expect conditions similar to the record-breaking winter of 1962-63, where temperatures dropped low enough to freeze the River Thames, and could cause major transportation and fuel delivery problems.

University of Texas Institute of Geophysics associate Jud Partin says that Northern Europe could face many years of colder winters, thanks to the current conditions in the Atlantic. A slowdown of the ocean circulation is a double-edged sword. If we see some temperature changes associated with it and somehow are quick to act and alleviate the change, then we have the potential to stop it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Snowmobiles-/42595/i.html
rainbowbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 06:41   #2
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I saw this on The Mail Online.

Therefore, prepare for the warmest winter on record.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 06:58   #3
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeh weren't we supposed to get the same last year and it was barely even cold.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 07:11   #4
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Never take notice of the weather predictions here in the U.K. as they almost always wrong. Wouldn't mind a cold one though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VII ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[EVGA GTX980]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech G502,Belkin razer N52TE,
HyperX Cloud II]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 08:13   #5
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
"Everywhere in the world has climate, the British Isles have weather"
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 08:37   #6
Pookie
Level 0

Pookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll believe it when I see it. Must admit though, winter is my favorite season
Old 17th Sep 2015, 08:52   #7
mrlongbeard
Ultramodder

mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.
This r serious ?!?!?!

Quote:
Exacta Weather forecaster James Madden
Bwhahahahahahahahahahha clearly not then
mrlongbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 09:02   #8
mrlongbeard
Ultramodder

mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.
Seems the met office are a little more circumspect;

http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/category/met-office-news/

&

Quote:
Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days
UK Outlook for Monday 21 Sep 2015 to Wednesday 30 Sep 2015:
A dry and bright start in the southeast on Monday, but cloud and outbreaks of rain already in the west will move slowly eastwards through the day. Drier and brighter conditions may follow into northwestern areas later in the day and across the rest of the UK on Tuesday. From mid week onwards much of the UK will see an increasing likelihood of dry and quiet weather with some sunshine but also overnight patches of mist and fog. There will still be spells of wind and rain at times, these most likely in the west and northwest with the east and southeast seeing more in the way of drier weather. Daytime temperatures are likely to be around normal, though with some chilly nights under clear skies.

UK Outlook for Thursday 1 Oct 2015 to Thursday 15 Oct 2015:
There is an emerging signal that the start of October is more likely to see a period of generally dry and settled weather across the UK, and whilst there will still be occasional bouts of wind and rain, these look likely to be most active across the west and northwest, with the longer drier spells in the southeast. By the middle of the month more a more changeable weather pattern is expected to become established, with most places seeing some rain at times. Temperatures are most likely to be close to or a little below average, with the possibility of some chilly nights, with overnight fog and local frost in any longer settled spells.

Updated at: 0201 on Thu 17 Sep 2015
Want to know what the weather is doing? Stick your head out of the window
mrlongbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 10:05   #9
phinix
RIP Waynio...

phinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyanphinix is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I would love to have real winter here in Scotland.
At least -10C and 50cm of snow. Perfect Christmas. Schools and work delay
star citizen ::: CMDR Phinix 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 10:13   #10
Spreadie
RIP Tel

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I saw this on The Mail Online.
I'd be looking elsewhere for confirmation when reading the date in that rag.

Main rig - 6600K|Z170M|8GB|256GB NVMe|GTX 780|3007WFP-HC|TJ08
Server - Proliant Gen8 Microserver|i5-2390T|12GB|6TB
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 10:34   #11
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
We will remember them
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 11:02   #12
Mr_Mistoffelees
More Spanners Please.

Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.Mr_Mistoffelees is definitely a rep cheat.
More from The Met Office Blog: http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2015/09...coming-winter/

In particular: "The influence of an El Nio over the UK and western Europe tends to be weaker and less predictable than elsewhere because of how far away we are from the event itself. There is a link in late winter, when we can see a slightly higher risk of a colder than usual end to winter in El Nio years."
Old 17th Sep 2015, 14:06   #13
Yadda
I *am* a Dremel

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I heard that next summer is gonna be so damn hot that we will literally have to dress appropriately.
X3360 @ 4GHz / Asus P5Q Pro / 4GB Corsair DDR2 / Gigabyte GTX 580 UD @ 910/2050MHz / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD / Samsung F3 1TB / Asus Xonar D1 / PCP&C Silencer 910w / Coolermaster ATCS 201 / Windows 10 Home
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 15:52   #14
RedFlames
... is plotting and/or scheming

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Every year 'weather' happens, and every year most of the UK is unable to cope with it...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 16:24   #15
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
The last two winters here in Finland were much too warm. Barely a day below -20C.
I don't complain tho, as it saves alot of money for heating when it's a little warmer and it's perfect when the following summer isn't as warm as it should be to balance out the yearly temperate-average.

Anyways. Weather isn't climate and predictions for a region as small as a country more than a few days in advance is allmost impossible. Vice versa we can't draw any conclusions to the global climate by simply looking at our regional weather.

Anyways. Even if it get's -20C in the UK this winter, it's hardly devastating. We have these temperatures in mild winters. A normal winter sees the temperatures drop to -30C and a cold one to -40C.

Also, I'd rather have a real winter and real seasonal changes than the aweful british weather throughout the whole year

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 16:47   #16
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Anyways. Even if it get's -20C in the UK this winter, it's hardly devastating. We have these temperatures in mild winters. A normal winter sees the temperatures drop to -30C and a cold one to -40C.
Problem is you guys are used to winters getting that cold so your houses, infrastructure and everything else is gear towards cold winters. In the UK -20C would be an extreme winter, one that very few people would be prepared for.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 17:50   #17
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Allways be prepared for the worst

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 18:58   #18
GiGo
was once a nerd.....

GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.GiGo is definitely a rep cheat.
I hope for snow, bought loads of snow shovels at a discounted rate 3 years ago, barely sold 5% of them! There's been no snow!!!!!

Bring on the Snow!
1x Synology DS1815+ RAID6 36TB NAS + 1x Generic RAID5 3TB NAS, MS Surface Pro 3 i7, Google Glass XE2.0, loads of other none describe tablets/laptops/phones/chromebooks etc.... oh a **** load of spare cables
GiGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2015, 19:02   #19
fix-the-spade
I *am* a Dremel

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
I would love to have real winter here in Scotland.
At least -10C and 50cm of snow. Perfect Christmas. Schools and work delay
I would love that on my hill in Yorkshire too.

Away from work, break out the snowboard.
Old 17th Sep 2015, 19:22   #20
LennyRhys
Never too old for LEGO

LennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
In the UK -20C would be an extreme winter, one that very few people would be prepared for.
Yep, and also one that would probably claim many lives (the elderly in particular).

In saying that, I miss the really cold winters and I hope that we at least get to -5 this year. I remember the crazy snowfall we got a few years back and at -10 or -11 it was perhaps a little too cold even for me!