bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Feb 2013, 15:23   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Far Cry 3 and the inventory problem

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...-an-inventory/
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 15:27   #2
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
I had no problem with the inventory and quite enjoyed the gradual upgrades available through the hunter missions.

Do you not use the quick sell function when fast travelling?
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 15:38   #3
aLtikal
1338-One step infront of the pro's

aLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I hate the writing style in this article, sorry.

However the backpack issue was worst thing about farcry 3, I agree.
aLtikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 15:52   #4
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
What were you always carrying with you to fill up the pack?
Old 26th Feb 2013, 15:59   #5
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Once I'd done the grinding of upgrading all my stuff, I didn't really bother with the backpack save for the odd plant to experiment with syringes.

In fact, other than health I didn't really bother much with syringes either. I just played it as a freeform FPS for a few days until I'd done all the side missions etc. then worked through the plot to the end.
Old 26th Feb 2013, 16:10   #6
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wow what a lot grumbling about nothing.

Yeh the back pack was mildly annoying but I visited camps often enough to just quick sell everything I didn't need anyway.

The hide thing was a little un-thought out though, it did somewhat resemble a hairy steak.

I hated when he had to straighten his thumb or wrist, made me cringe everytime but that's just because I hate that bone crunching sound .
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 16:59   #7
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I honestly didn't have a problem with the inventory. My OCD mean I kept half the amount of space free for herbs. And the rest free for loot and extra pelts when I killed a bear or a tiger. And then I'd loot bodies. It really isn't difficult to manage.

The selling is a bit irritating and I wish more inventories would emulate the fantastic inventory of the Witcher 2. Which while slightly overly complicated was a joy. Especially with a thoughtfully included "junk" section.
Old 26th Feb 2013, 17:04   #8
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
fetch me 10'000 bear asses.
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 17:07   #9
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Pointless article is pointless.
Old 26th Feb 2013, 18:07   #10
Funky
What's a Dremel?

Funky has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
IT'S A BLOG! not an article.
Yes I agree the inventory is a bit of a pain, i just want want to move through the game shooting, killing, exploring, and collecting what I need. Maybe 2 sizes of everything would be enough. Also got a lot of crashes while in the menu or inventory screen :-(
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 18:59   #11
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
This is the exact reason I knocked this game on the head.
I want to be entertained.
I am stuck in meetings all week, writing processes for support teams, developing ITIL for the NHS. the last thing I want to do is collect fricking plants in an fps game!!
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 19:13   #12
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer_Himpson View Post
I am stuck in meetings all week, writing processes for support teams, developing ITIL for the NHS. the last thing I want to do is collect fricking plants in an fps game!!
You didn't have to spend any time at all collecting plants, if that is what stopped you playing the game then you must never finish a game.
Old 26th Feb 2013, 19:32   #13
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer_Himpson View Post
Very similar to what im doing! (although I found Far Cry great fun)

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 20:04   #14
NetSphere
Multimodder

NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.NetSphere is definitely a rep cheat.
I would think this relates to the every-so-often break in immersion a game has, purely for random reasons.

I do agree that finding said tapirs or specific skins was a PITA. Why did it HAVE to be tapir skin? leopard skin won't do? I had to make a godawful trek to the middle of nowhere because my whinny character felt it had to be tapir. It's quite annoying and really detracts from what the game is, IMO. The first few hours were a grind for all those animal skins, then I finally managed to start playing the game.

Other thing I didn't like was the whole disco space out boss QTE thing. But to be fair, boss fights seem to be impossible to do these days, in just about any game.
Silverstone TJ08E - Ivy Bridge 3570k @ 4.0 GHz - Scythe Mugen 4 - Asus Maximus Gene4 - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1.5V - 2GB ASUS GTX670 DIRECT CUII TOP - 256GB Samsung 830 Series - 850W Corsair HX850
NetSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 20:29   #15
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
While I haven't played far cry 3, I can relate to the feeling. Also, I love the style. It makes the relatively dry concept (backpacks) nicer, by adding emotion and empathy and stuff.
Old 27th Feb 2013, 08:53   #16
Bokonist
Minimodder

Bokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for presidentBokonist should be considered for president
I get the feeling that menus are an afterthought in a lot of games, all I can say is don't let the author anywhere near DayZ. The backpack stuff in there is atrocious, he would have to write a really long letter after playing that one, and possibly attend therapy as well.
Bokonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2013, 10:24   #17
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLtikal
I hate the writing style in this article, sorry.

However the backpack issue was worst thing about farcry 3, I agree.
Too early in the morning for it in my case.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2013, 10:25   #18
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Surely people found the lack of anything to do once the campaign was complete to be the biggest annoyance?
Old 27th Feb 2013, 10:52   #19
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight
Surely people found the lack of anything to do once the campaign was complete to be the biggest annoyance?
What game are you talking about? FC3 has very compelling open world stuff that draws the player's focus away from the campaign. For all intents and purposes it should be the same filler content that we ignore in other open world games, but these are actually fun to do for some reason. Most of the FC3 LP series on youtube don't even seem to touch the campaign.

And I don't see how this, of all games is the one that deserves a rant about inventory management. It has a sodding "sell everything that isn't useful" button, it couldn't possibly be any easier.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2013, 11:00   #20
Xunsu
Minimodder

Xunsu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I did not like the system ethoir. But thats very very minor. The game is a gem
Xunsu is offline   Reply With Quote