bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Feb 2013, 16:22   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Leap Motion gesture control system to launch in May

Final funding push means a retail release.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar.../leap-motion/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2013, 16:58   #2
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I need this in my life
Old 28th Feb 2013, 17:21   #3
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sounds great until you forget its on, start doing some yoga and realise you have pulled every vertices in your 50+ hour scale model of a deathstar over to the left of the screen
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2013, 19:02   #4
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is the first I've heard of the device but after watching that video all I can say is WANT!

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 07:52   #5
hampurista
What's a Dremel?

hampurista has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ordered! Don't mind the extra 20$ compared to order before yesterday....
hampurista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 08:27   #6
Blackshark
Multimodder

Blackshark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ordered last year when it was first announced - looking forward to using it at work for manipulating our spatial data
Blackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 09:01   #7
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK
crompers]Sounds great until you forget its on, start doing some yoga and realise you have pulled every vertices in your 50+ hour scale model of a deathstar over to the left of the screen
I think it only works in a small(ish) area above the device - take your hands away to type/stretch etc and it'll move out of range.

I remember seeing this ages ago and thinking "this must be bullshit", but I'm glad to be wrong!
Old 1st Mar 2013, 10:21   #8
EvilRusk
Multimodder

EvilRusk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think this looks like a great idea. After using my android phone I realised how badly the PC needed a better interface for some things.

Since I don't want to buy a touch screen this could be it - no smudgy finger prints all over the place! Browse the web while eating crisps! Use your forehead to draw in paint! Awesome!
EvilRusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 12:43   #9
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRusk
I think this looks like a great idea. After using my android phone I realised how badly the PC needed a better interface for some things.

Since I don't want to buy a touch screen this could be it - no smudgy finger prints all over the place! Browse the web while eating crisps! Use your forehead to draw in paint! Awesome!
for interactions like holding a 3D object, manipulating maybe the start screen of windows 8, this may be efficient, but for actual drawings, aside from a tablet, I think its much practical to use a touch screen imo
Old 1st Mar 2013, 16:13   #10
Jimbob
Modder

Jimbob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's certainly neat, but is it really that usefull for desktop use? Perhaps if it uses standard touch screen api's so Windows Touch Pack works etc but I really want to test it oput first.
Jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 17:01   #11
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Give me two minutes and I can think of a few dozen different gestures that 'could' be implemented to embellish a keyboard / mouse or keyboard / trackpad or keyboard / mouse / touchscreen environment.

Leap haven't ever come out and said 'this device will replace X". They're throwing it out there to see what people do with it.

Brilliant idea!
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2013, 19:14   #12
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gesture control, leap motion, leap motion controller, motion control, motion sensing