bit-tech.net

Old 5th Mar 2013, 08:03   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Dremel 8100 Review

Can Dremel's new 8100 cordless rotary tool keep up with its mains-powered peers?
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2013...-8100-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 08:44   #2
barrkel
Multimodder

barrkel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cordless tools are generally useful for situations where you can't easily bring beefier power to bear; outdoor, mobile, home DIY (garage or motor tinkering area may not be wired for power) etc. I fully agree that corded is the way to go for the computer case modder. But when I'm e.g. working on bodging something to fit on one of my bikes, it's much easier for me to bring the tool to the bike than the bike to a power point.
barrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 09:32   #3
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Mobile and supplementary use in addition to corded. Two thumbs up.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 10:41   #4
asura
jack of all trades

asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't know what their estimated mtbf is, but a couple of cordless dremel's I've had lasted no more than six months of daily use. Continuous load testing and charge/recharge cycles are pretty much impossible to simulate, only thing to do is get out there and try it... The last ones demise was what persuaded me into getting a workshop tool, rather than a hobby too, though it was about four times the price.
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2013, 13:20   #5
stoff3r
Multimodder

stoff3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Without a spare battery, powertools are pretty much useless. If you have more than 15 mins of work to be done on some case, you will find yourself out of power, and no way to use it for another hour or so. Better get the 3000 if you are serious about doing some work
stoff3r is offline   Reply With Quote