bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Mar 2013, 23:26   #1
awadon
Multimodder

awadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Vapor - laptop mod - finall photos

My Toshiby Satellite A200 needs a new case.

Yesterday I've started glueing display matrix cover. Here you can see back side. It will be also laptop cover. You can see the brass inlay.

There is a front frame.

Today I've started to make some decorating elements.

I've milled small groove to place them.

A little sanding. A little milling and I can drill holes to join the two parts of the matrix case.

End of day 2.
awadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2013, 23:32   #2
Father-Time
Multimodder

Father-Time has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Me likey!
tough job to take on i think, but judging by the start you are on it
Old 7th Mar 2013, 21:27   #3
awadon
Multimodder

awadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitawadon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I've added lcd hinges.

And I was finishing cover a little more.

End of day 3.
Old 9th Mar 2013, 17:14   #4
awadon
Multimodder

Yesterday I had no time to complete the worklog.

I will probably put the keyboard in this way.

A small fitting to lcd.

And finished lcd cover

End of day 4
Old 12th Mar 2013, 20:00   #5
awadon
Multimodder

Yesterday I've started to do some fittings of the motherboard.

At the moment I've made a cpu fan grill:

First panel with connectors: audio and SD card slot.

And the last think for today is a Wi-Fi switch.

End of day 6
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:01   #6
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm really liking that!
Subbed!
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 21:23   #7
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Steampunk builds is always fun to watch and laptop-mods isnt easy to find. Looking good!

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2013, 03:38   #8
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Great job so far I look forward to seeing more!

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2013, 20:40   #9
awadon
Multimodder

Thanks guys

Today I've took care of the next part of the case.
The second CPU fan grill and a second set of sockets.

End of day 7
Old 13th Mar 2013, 20:45   #10
woody_294
Wizard Ninja :P

woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You sir, are a clock killer!

Nice work
woody_294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 21:20   #11
awadon
Multimodder

All elements on the first fitting.

Here I have a plexiglass "embedded" in the wood. Underneath are LEDs.

And the views from the sides.

End of day 7.
Old 14th Mar 2013, 22:11   #12
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Really cool. I like how you inset the decoration. -Best use of a coat hanger EVER!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2013, 16:53   #13
awadon
Multimodder

A few changes. But it's still all in the "raw state".

End of day 9.
Old 16th Mar 2013, 18:00   #14
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fantastic steampunk! really like the design tho i think you use more then needed thickness in the material

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2013, 18:06   #15
awadon
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
fantastic steampunk! really like the design tho i think you use more then needed thickness in the material
Thanks And you are right about thickness Wait a while, please.
Old 17th Mar 2013, 01:04   #16
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Good to see you back with more awesome quality modding.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2013, 09:13   #17
awadon
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Good to see you back with more awesome quality modding.
Hi and thanks Waynio I would like to make more of my projects. But it's a little hard to make them without sponsorship
Old 18th Mar 2013, 19:48   #18
awadon
Multimodder

They are just a few little things to do and the laptop cover will be finished.

And here you can see the speaker covers.

End of day 10.
Old 18th Mar 2013, 20:12   #19
AlderonnX
Multimodder

AlderonnX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is one awesome laptop sir!

Also If you get a friend request from a Giant drinking a Mountain Dew on Facebook thats me...
AlderonnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2013, 20:57   #20
Allmighty Loki
GP modder

Allmighty Loki has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great job!! I was thinking some time ago on doing something similar to that, but that level of attention to detail never went through my head!

View Mode