bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Mar 2013, 11:16   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
AMD Radeon HD 7790 details leak

First desktop GCN 2.0 part launching in April.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-radeon-7790/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 12:36   #2
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh... too many gpu's in that price tag... Where are the new generations??
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 13:04   #3
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.true_gamer is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking like the Batmobile again...

i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Rampage IV Formula - 16GB Corsair 2400MHz 10 12 12 31 - 3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB Tri SLI with AquagraFX waterblocks Cores: 1306MHz Memory's: 7114MHz - 128GB OCZ Vector SSD - 2TB WD Black Caviar - CM Cosmos RC1000 - Silverstone Strider 1KW - Samsung DVD/RW - Custom Waterloop - 3x Dell U2311H Monitors
ORIGIN username: wipeyourarse - Steam ID: true_gamer - UPLAY ID: true_gamer

My Crysis 3 Ultra Config My Crysis 1 ultra Config
true_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 13:05   #4
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Is not any new ones due to be released for 2013
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 14:29   #5
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3ctor View Post
Meh... too many gpu's in that price tag... Where are the new generations??
If it's the first desktop card built using GCN 2.0 technology, surely that makes it a next generation card?

HeatWare
debs3759 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 14:50   #6
alwayssts
Minimodder

alwayssts has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
If it's the first desktop card built using GCN 2.0 technology, surely that makes it a next generation card?
Even if the 2.0 is a marketing gimmick, I was going to say that as well. It likely is the new gen. By any realistic measure, this *should* be priced between 7770 and 650ti as well. That's a decent size gap...between ~100-150 USD.

Not only is this likely a new generation part, it also is the one worth noting. I say that because a 896sp part, if it exists, will simply be a 7850 2GB replacement (or very very close to it). If you question that, simply do the math.

You could compare known stock frequencies/bw versus what is likely for such a part (1075-1100mhz and 128-bit/~7gbps or 192-bit/~5gbps) and come to a similar conclusion, but look at catalysts' overclocking maximums. They are a clear hint of where amd wants products to be segmented.

7850 is a max of 1050mhz. (1024/896)*1050 = 1200mhz. IOW, an 896sp part will be tuned to hit around 1200mhz overclocked...like any other 28nm part not limited by low voltage and/or artificial tdp restraints (like 7850 2GB).

alwayssts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 16:05   #7
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They should have made the PCB smaller to fit mITX boards. That would have made it perfect for such applications and have appealed to a much broader market.
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 16:51   #8
Farting Bob
Supermodder

Farting Bob has yet to learn the way of the DremelFarting Bob has yet to learn the way of the DremelFarting Bob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA
They should have made the PCB smaller to fit mITX boards. That would have made it perfect for such applications and have appealed to a much broader market.
Agreed, NV has made an effort to slim down the size of their reference boards, this still looks pretty long. I dont mind my 7850's size right now, but if i were to put it in a mITX case (which ive considered) id still rather having something an inch or 2 shorter.
Farting Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2013, 20:21   #9
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farting Bob View Post
Agreed, NV has made an effort to slim down the size of their reference boards, this still looks pretty long.
Just to clarify: that's a picture of a 7770 for reference; nobody's got a picture of the 7790 yet. (Chances of a shorter PCB, however, are slim to none.)
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd, bonnaire, bonnaire xt, gcn, gcn 2.0, graphics card, graphics core next, radeon, radeon hd, radeon hd 7790