bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Mar 2013, 09:25   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Google Reader to close in July

Popular cloud-based RSS reader on death row.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...reader-close/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:07   #2
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sigh, I use it so I can see the latest updates on sites without having to visit each site, I can't be the only one as Google try to make out. Must be cutting it due to no profit on it, more money to be made on Google+. :/
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:26   #3
forum_user
forum_title

forum_user has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I use it religiously to skim hundreds of news stories per day, and visit the really important stuff. In fact I got this BT news item through it - ironic!
forum_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:29   #4
GFC
Multimodder

GFC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I check it every 30 minutes. If not every 5mins. DON'T DO THIS TO US , GOOGLE, DONT DO THIS!! I BEG YOU!
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:32   #5
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
What a pain in the arse
I've had a quick look at feedly, but they don't seem to have the feature I use, which is simply to browse all my feeds, in one list, from oldest to newest.
The Old Reader seems to do that, but they're overloaded so I can't import my subscriptions right now.

I can't see google backing down on this, but I hope they do.
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:37   #6
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is so annoying.. so the two Google products I use most (iGoogle and the Reader) are both being killed off.. Seem like very odd decisions. Going to have to get used to internet life without Google!
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:54   #7
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
What a pain in the arse
I've had a quick look at feedly, but they don't seem to have the feature I use, which is simply to browse all my feeds, in one list, from oldest to newest.
Click on All ? At least in my case Feedly for Chrome does that :
Old 14th Mar 2013, 10:54   #8
kingosticks
What's a Dremel?

kingosticks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Downgrading the sharing was one thing... but killing it off. What the hell?! I guess I'll find an alternate site to keep open all day and use religiously.... thanks Google!
kingosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 12:19   #9
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am so not okay with this.

If they really go through with this instead of turning around after the internet outcry, I'm changing my email provider. **** Google.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 14:45   #10
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin
Click on All ? At least in my case Feedly for Chrome does that :
Ah, that option isn't there in the Firefox version, but I eventually worked out that you can order the Latest option to show in that way.
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2013, 23:29   #11
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, this sucks. Reader represents most of the time I spend on google sites. which is saying something considering I have 2 gmail accounts I use regularly.
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1GB ::::: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
128GB Intel SSD :::: 2x WD 1TB drives in RAID 1
yougotkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2013, 00:54   #12
Lazarus Dark
Supermodder

Lazarus Dark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been using Reader to keep up with Bittech and others for years now.
I love G+ more than most, but unless they integrate rss somehow, I still need Reader.
Old 18th Mar 2013, 21:16   #13
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Trying out Feedly.

Reader is damn hard to replace though.
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, google, google reader, google takeout, really simple syndication, rss, urs hölzle