bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Mar 2013, 15:18   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ex-AMD CEO Ruiz offers advice for incoming Intel chief

Where was this advice when AMD needed it?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20.../hector-ruiz/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 16:06   #2
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hey Mr new chief executive of Intel, i used to run a company that was making a loss, so listen to me cause i know how to screw thing up real good.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 17:32   #3
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He sounds like he wants to be 'a good man'
you better have more to offer than that if you fight intel.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 17:41   #4
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by greigaitken View Post
you better have more to offer than that if you fight intel.
He doesn't want to fight Intel: he was ousted as AMD's CEO in 2008.
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 20:22   #5
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Ousted / sacked the later been more accurate.
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 20:27   #6
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Ousted / sacked the later been more accurate.
No, I think ousted covers it quite well.
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 15:03   #7
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
Hey Mr new chief executive of Intel, i used to run a company that was making a loss, so listen to me cause i know how to screw thing up real good.
Exactly this, looks like Mr Ruiz needs to **** off!
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 15:11   #8
AlphaAngel
Hypermodder

AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.AlphaAngel is definitely a rep cheat.
There is a lot of hostility here. I don't know about you guys but I usually learn a lot when I fail, usually more than than when I succeed.
4670k/Asus 280x TOP/Asus Maximus Gene VI/8GB Corsair Vengence/Fractal Design Define Mini/Asus Xonar D2X/Samsumg 128GB 840 Pro/Samsung 500GB 840 Evo/Corsair AX 860/Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced/Dell U2412HM
AlphaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 20:31   #9
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"He doesn't want to fight Intel: he was ousted as AMD's CEO in 2008."

Yeah, i meant maybe he was the wrong guy to fight intel in first place.

I'd totally manage to run intel / amd, i mean i've built loads of pcs and even modded a couple of cases.
Here's my advice to the intel new guy
Wanna sell more cpu's?
make them sexy, run some ads where the chicks dig the guy with the fast intel chip (with flames). slow is never sexy - the amd guy cant go to the party cause he's still waiting for super-pi to finish.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 21:06   #10
rayson
turningthatintosomethingb ettercmod

rayson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
man so true ^
rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2013, 07:54   #11
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Yes, splitting up AMD into Flash*, CPU-Design, CPU-Production and Graphics-Design, then killing two of these sub-divisions by going fabless and spilling all your production knowledge (which helped in designing the final product), that all worked really well for AMD, didn't it?
*looks at stock*

He's right about Intel using it's leverage to prevent AMD from making money back then (when they still could) though.

*back when Ruiz got to the helm, AMD was a big player in Flash
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd, chief executive, hector ruiz, intel, paul otellini