bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Mar 2013, 21:01   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Sony PS4: more details revealed at GDC

Sony has revealed more details of the interface, user account control and social aspects of the PS4.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-details-gdc/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2013, 21:07   #2
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just get rid of the download, click, click, click ,click, instaaaaaaaaaaaalllll, updaaaaaaaaaate, turned off!!!!
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2013, 22:41   #3
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
I think I can see few complaints from developers arising with the "play as you download" scheme for the first couple of years, you know how much developers hate to adjust to new things :P
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2013, 23:41   #4
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
You have to be pretty damn impatient if you can't wait for it to finish downloading before you start playing. This is classic of this "I want it NOW!" generation. And it is being panda'd to..lame.

And the potential for problems just makes it seem all the more crazy. Why make games more complicated for developers to produce? It will just push up the price in one form or another.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 04:19   #5
LightningPete
Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

LightningPete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Same controller, the same system playing to same sort of games. Howay some innovation would be nice? Whats that now only downloaded stuff ... whooppeee..... an AMD cpu+gpu chip? great so thats the least powerful chip you could have used. So PC's are still 1 if not 2 generations ahead of the tech these will have. YAWN
LightningPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 05:01   #6
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If you have innovation, people will brush it off as gimmick. Like every Nintendo gaming console except the first one.. and maybe the second one (SNES) as I was too young to remember.. but the rest without exception, even thaught many redefined gaming as we know it.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 08:02   #7
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban View Post
And it is being panda'd to..lame.
That is the greatest malapropism for "pandered" I have ever seen. I envision a big, fluffy panda cuddling someone, rocking back and forth whispering "it's OK, it's all OK, you're absolutely right, you're always right..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
Like every Nintendo gaming console except the first one.. and maybe the second one (SNES) as I was too young to remember..
The SNES was Nintendo's third home console, after the NES and the Color TV Game. (Mate of mine, massive Nintendo nerd, had one - couldn't connect it to his TV, though, 'cos it outputs NTSC-J.) Well, possibly the seventh: there were five entries in the Color TV Game Series, so it depends how you count.
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 09:01   #8
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningPete
Same controller, the same system playing to same sort of games. Howay some innovation would be nice? Whats that now only downloaded stuff ... whooppeee..... an AMD cpu+gpu chip? great so thats the least powerful chip you could have used. So PC's are still 1 if not 2 generations ahead of the tech these will have. YAWN
1) It's not the same controller. Sure, it's a simple evolution of the current model, but just look at how Nintendo are faring with their latest effort to change input methods.

2) Download only? Since when? The PS4 is going to have download and retail games.

3) Yes, it's a poor chip in comparison to an i7 3770K. However, in console terms, it's plenty fast enough. Yes PCs will always be faster, but the PS4 is a powerful package for 350-400.
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 09:06   #9
ksyruz
What's a Dremel?

ksyruz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The download as you play seems stupid to me as the PS4 will have cloud gaming. So why don't Sony allow to play over cloud while your game downloads. This method would also be simpler to develop.
ksyruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 09:36   #10
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
You have to be pretty damn impatient if you can't wait for it to finish downloading before you start playing. This is classic of this "I want it NOW!" generation. And it is being panda'd to..lame.

And the potential for problems just makes it seem all the more crazy. Why make games more complicated for developers to produce? It will just push up the price in one form or another.
Quois? People who buy physical copies still say the same thing as a reason for their purchase. "My Internet is dodgy. I don't want to wait 4 days to play my game."

This is going to be a simple feature really. It will be nothing but a positive step for those gaming, especially on slow connections. There is no Panda-ing(big fluffy bear handy jays? Who's a good boy... ???) going on here (Pandering perhaps).

Oh no! The developers may have to think about what content is available for the initial download... woah is me. I can imagine a scenario where there is skinny assets downloaded that get you through maybe just the online gaming aspect or the first hour of play and then, in the background, the full thing is sourced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cei
but the PS4 is a powerful package for 350-400.
Exactly... and I'd imagine that a PC you buy for 400 on launch day of the PS3 will not outstrip the lifetime of the PS4 game wise. Sure it'll play probably all content turned down to medium settings... but I bet you that by the midpoint in the PS4s lifecycle you'll be wishing you were playing at 1080p on your living room TV plugged into your AV receiver with 7.1, not worrying about turning down the motion blur, AA settings, AF, texture packs and draw distances to lock in some smooth fps.

Let alone whether you've let some moron install 55 useless shovelware a-dvert-pplications on your PC
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024

Last edited by law99; 28th Mar 2013 at 09:44.
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 10:31   #11
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban

The biggest problem with the PS3's downloadable games (and patches) were that they downloaded so slowly no matter what speed your internet connection (with GT5 after you first put the disk in the drive you might as well go and make some popcorn and watch a movie and you'll still have enough time to make a cup of coffee before you'll get to play it).

Patches are the worst as you can't do anything else on the system while it's downloading it (unless you have a PS+ account in which case it'll check daily (at a time you've specified) for new updates and download them).

The one feature I'm not so sure is a good idea is the predictive download where the system starts downloading a game before you've actually bought it.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 10:37   #12
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's going to show comments from other users for every game?

That won't be abused at all..
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 16:28   #13
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Ps vita does this already you can choose if you view or not.

Ps3 has one of the worst wifi connections on the planet, the max speed is so poor on it and its pretty unreliable. My phone has better wifi.

Ps4 better have a decent wifi chip in it if they want download as you play to work.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2013, 18:40   #14
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Why when i read this part

Quote:
the new Dualshock 4 controller will feature a two-finger sensing touchpad
Do i think it going to be able to tell when your giving it a two-fingered salute
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 01:18   #15
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
Why when i read this part

Do i think it going to be able to tell when your giving it a two-fingered salute
Anyone want to guess how many 'adult' games are already being made around this feature?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 06:37   #16
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
About the adult game: NONE! $ony never liked that.
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote