bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Apr 2013, 18:55   #1
Kanutex
Minimodder

Kanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project HEX

Hello, this is my first mod. I hope it'll be ok and you like it.

The project is based on an Antec Twelve Hundred, actually two of them. I wanted the V3 version and I decided to do something with the old one. So here we go!

HARDWARE

-CPU: Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition
-Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Assassin
-RAM: Kingston HyperX 12 GB (6 x 2 GB)
-GPU: ASUS GTX 690
-Data:
----SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB x 2 (O.S. and programs/Steam)
----HDD: Seagate Barracuda XT 2 TB SATA III (media)
-Optical disc drive (external): DVD HD/Blue-ray LG Black + Icy Box Case
-PSU: Corsair AX1200i
-Case: Project hEX (Antec Twelve Hundred V3 + Antec Twelve Hundred)

WATERCOOLING

-Blocks:
----CPU: Swiftech Apogee HD Gold Plated Limited Edition
----GPU: EK FC690 GTX CSQ Acetal + Copper and Backplate
-Radiators:
----Quadruple: EK CoolStream RAD XTX 480mm + Phobya Xtreme Quad 480
----Double: EK CoolStream RAD XTX 240mm
-Pumps: Swiftech Laing D5 x 2 + EK D5 Dual Top G1/4 CSQ + EK Dual D5 X-Res Link CSQ
-Reservoir: EK RES X3 150
-Compression fittings:
----Straight: Bispower - Matte Black x ¿?
----90º: Bispower - Matte Black x ¿?
----45º: Bispower - Matte Black x ¿?
-Tube: Primochill PrimoFlex Pro, Blue UV, 19/13
-Liquid: Destille water (90%) + Antifreeze (10%)
-Others:
----Biocide: Pulse Silver Kill Coil x 2
----Bitspower Mini Valves - Matte Black
----Bispower Blanking Plugs - Matte Black
----Hose grommets

FANS

-Radiators: Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition x 10 & Enermax New Vegas Trio x 6
-RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX-FAN-B
-Case: Antec Big Boy 200 & Corsair AF120 Performance Edition
-Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Pro Ace 5.25" 6 Channel

LIGHTING

-Phobya LED-Flexlight High Density 60 cm UV & 30 cm RGB with IR remote controller

SLEEVING

-MDCP-X Sleeve - Black and blue
-MDCP-X Cable holders
-MDCP-X Crimper & crimps

OTHERS

-M3 screws
-MDCP-X Black rivets
-Lamptron Advanced Slot Protector - Blue UV
-Phobya Grills
-Dark blue acrylic sheets
-Blue antivandal switch x 2
-Honeycomb mesh
-Carbon fiber vinyl

RENDERS

These are several low quality renders (only to get some idea of the whole case)

OVERCLOCKING

Soon...

PHASE 1: THE CASE

I will start with the lower chamber. This section will be from the old Antec Twelve Hundred. Dismounting the case:

I did all the cuts bearing in mind the original binding sites:

Tomorrow I will cut the back panel:

P.D.: Sorry for the photo quality and for my english

Last edited by Kanutex; 25th Apr 2013 at 12:00.
Kanutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 19:11   #2
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I like the renders. On those pictures it looks HUGE. Good luck. I hope you will get the build to be straight.
Hukkel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 17:54   #3
Kanutex
Minimodder

Kanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the DremelKanutex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post
I like the renders. On those pictures it looks HUGE. Good luck. I hope you will get the build to be straight.
Thanks! I'm glad you like them and yes, it'll be huge

Ok, I've cut the back panel today and then the original motherboard tray to fit Phobya Xtreme Quad 480 radiator:

Next: side panels. Parts were joined with rests of the previous cuts and glued all together with mounting adhesive.

Right:

Left:

And finally, the plastic "framework" in front of the case:

Tomorrow I'll complete the side panels hopefully
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 06:52   #4
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks like it will prove interesting(has so far). I'll keep my eyes peeled for that update
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 18:25   #5
Kanutex
Minimodder

So... today hasn't been a very productive day

I've cut the holes for the exhaust air on the right side panel:

But when I finished all the holes, I realised it wasn't a clean cut and I'd be sanding a lot of time so I changed the plan and put a fan grill from the Phobya radiator. I think I have to buy another one

Depite the wasted time, I finished the side panels Some filler for the gaps, sanding, carbon vinyl fiber, acrylic sheet, honeycomb mesh and... voilà:

Left panel:

Right panel:

Tomorrow I'll glue the two pieces of the front framework and put some vinyl.
Old 4th Apr 2013, 09:53   #6
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why don't you just use the same grill on both sides of the case bottom?
Hukkel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2013, 22:33   #7
Kanutex
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post
Why don't you just use the same grill on both sides of the case bottom?
Actually, it was my first option, buuut:
1. Work: The hole was bigger than the fan grill. I didn't want to cover the gaps.
2. Aesthetics: I think the window matches better in the case, especially with the upper one.
3. Space: I have no space for the fan grill + fans + pumps + radiator + fans.

Just a little patience and you'll see If you are thinking about intake air: 2 fans in the front and 2 in the back. I know this way the airflow is worse but never mind.

Regards and thanks for comment.

I couldn't post pics today because I've been busy but I'm progressing.
Old 4th Apr 2013, 22:41   #8
alfizzle
Hypermodder

alfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyanalfizzle is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Great work, cant wait to see it finished!
alfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2013, 17:25   #9
Kanutex
Minimodder

More updates! I glued the framework and put the vinyl. Also, I attached the bottom of the upper chamber and the roof of the lower one. I had to do it twice because first time it wasn't well aligned

Pics:

Depending on the angle and light, you can see the joints through the vinyl. I don't know if I'm gonna fix it or improve it in a future

Stay tuned!
Old 8th Apr 2013, 21:09   #10
Kanutex
Minimodder

Hi guys! Time to mod the interior of the small chamber. I removed a piece of metal to be able to put an aluminium sheet and hide that horrible joint. But first, I covered the floor of the chamber:

And I put some hardware:

Old 8th Apr 2013, 21:54   #11
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like your idea so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more. I'm Subbed.

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2013, 20:47   #12
Kanutex
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
I like your idea so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more. I'm Subbed.
Thanks! I hope you like it.

I went to the hardware store to buy a few things:

Dismounting the fan controller:

Now, time to cut:

More details tomorrow.
Old 10th Apr 2013, 16:03   #13
Kanutex
Minimodder

I've finished this section today:

I drilled the holes for fans:

With the vinyl:

And the final result:

I think it's so much better now, isn't it? What do you think guys?
Old 10th Apr 2013, 16:17   #14
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome mount
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 13:36   #15
Kanutex
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
Awesome mount
Thanks!
Old 11th Apr 2013, 14:20   #16
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looks really nice!
I'll be following this one
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 16:46   #17
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
Great work can't wait for ti to be finished
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2013, 13:47   #18
Kanutex
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
Great work can't wait for ti to be finished
Thanks!! In a few hours I'll post more pics.

Best regards.
Old 12th Apr 2013, 14:47   #19
Evenge
Hypermodder

Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great work!
Old 13th Apr 2013, 17:01   #20
Kanutex
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
Looks really nice!
I'll be following this one
Thank you!

Sorry for delayed pics, I forgot to post yesterday

This is the other grill for Phobya radiator with the vinyl:

I started the other side of the bottom chamber. It's almost the same procedure, but I'm gonna fit Phobya remote receiver in there:

Stay tuned!

View Mode