bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Apr 2013, 09:28   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 Review

Nanoxia is back with its second chassis, a cheaper addition to the Deep Silence range.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...nce-2-review/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 09:33   #2
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks a bit like a Fractal case to me.
Old 11th Apr 2013, 09:47   #3
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Even the top USB & power panel looks like it was taken from an R4 case.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 11:55   #4
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice case design, less is more.

Just a suggestion though, you guys really need to improve the lighting on your case photographs, it's incredibly harsh and doesn't do any of the cases you review any favours, almost impossible to judge the quality of the finish with the supplied shot's.

Given that the first time many of us will see a case in the 'flesh' so to speak, is when we open the box on arrival at our homes, it's quite important, you show these cases in as much detail as possible, as we won't find any of these mid-high end cases for viewing, anywhere on the high street.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 12:56   #5
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan
Even the top USB & power panel looks like it was taken from an R4 case.
In all likelihood, they may share the same manufacturer in china, and as such, share some of the same tooling on bits like the front panel.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 13:54   #6
Fractal Design
What's a Dremel?

Fractal Design has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
We'd like to highlight that Nanoxia and Fractal Design cases doesn't share the same manufacturer, nor do we share any toolings. All Fractal Design cases are produced with toolings fully owned by ourselves.
Fractal Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 14:19   #7
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

Altron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
competitor to the Fractal R4
More like clone. Aside from the two-part door, looks like they totally ripped off Fractal's design. If they had put the white PCI slot covers in, I would have sworn that the rear shots were of my R3. Same goes for the upper front edge, which would have fooled me if it wasn't for the USB 3.0 ports, and the drive bay area as well, if it wasn't for the third 5.25" bay.

e^i(pi)+1=0
Altron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 14:42   #8
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
And the brackets for the HDDs are absolutely identical (except for being black and not white)...

The top front area also looks exactly like my R3 (USB3.0 ports and all) - except that I can't tell if the Deep Silence 2 has a blinding blue LED or not
bawjaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 14:56   #9
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron View Post
Same goes for the upper front edge, which would have fooled me if it wasn't for the USB 3.0 ports, and the drive bay area as well, if it wasn't for the third 5.25" bay.
...and if it was for the fact that it's longer and narrower than the R4 and that it has room to support a 240 rad behind the drive bays...

Yeah, if it wasn't for all that and the door, it'd be EXACTLY the same!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 15:10   #10
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
I like the simplification of the buttons and ports on the top, and the omission of the air-chimney.
What i don't like is the rigid bays and the ugly blowholes on top.

They're not planning a MATX version are they?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 19:52   #11
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
The finish on the panels looks horrible; a dull matte that shows up finger prints. The worst of both worlds.
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2013, 21:29   #12
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mmmmm, steel and plastic...
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote