bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Apr 2013, 09:30   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Google Glass specs and software released

Wearable computer unveiled at last.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...google-glass/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 11:34   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I can't decide if this will ever be socially acceptable - to start Joe Public won't really know what it is, but once it's popular will everyone think you're spacing out on Twitter while in conversation?
Old 16th Apr 2013, 11:48   #3
MachineUK
Minimodder

MachineUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Easy, you put the twitter feed and reply box in the middle bottom left and right of the glasses. Thus forcing the user to go "cross eyed"........hey presto.......you know when people aren't fully involved in your convo. Rude twitter junkies!!!
Old 16th Apr 2013, 12:50   #4
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
I thought the FDA said they weren't allowed a wireless transceiver so close the skin but you could get around it using the bluetooth transcever to tether it to your phone for internet access? Unless these are the Euro specs and different laws?

Also when will spec savers be doing google glasses glasses as I don't get on well with contacts
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 14:52   #5
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd find these really useful in a laboratory, thus why I'll get a pair, also useful for the live maps, so you can look at it when you need it, rather than have a fully fledged sat nav.
Old 16th Apr 2013, 14:57   #6
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They need to be attached to some glasses that don't make you look like a treky.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 15:39   #7
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I am liking this more and more each time I see something about it, but I have heard that apparently there will be a quite a few places which won't allow them to be worn or used when in that place.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 15:44   #8
phoenixck
Supermodder

phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phoenixck is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I definitely want a pair, just for my law exams. 'google search jurisprudence'

To do, put in a water loop, then fry all my components.
phoenixck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 18:36   #9
Fat Tony
Supermodder

Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fat Tony is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
These will take over the world
i7 3930 @ 4.7Ghz : Asus Rampage IV Extreme : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 2133Mhz : 512Mb Crucial M4 : ANTEC High Current 1200W : 2 x GTX570 SLi : Swiftech Apogee HD : XSPC dual bay res / pump : Custom water loop with 1 x 360 rad, 1 x 140 rad, CPU, GPU SLi, North and South blocks : CM Storm Spawn mouse : Logitech G15 : Creative X-Fi USB : Corsair Obsidian 800D : Crappy DGM 26" 1920 x 1200 monitor : Sennheiser PC350s : Belkin Nostromo : Alarming beer habit
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 19:12   #10
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
I can't decide if this will ever be socially acceptable - to start Joe Public won't really know what it is, but once it's popular will everyone think you're spacing out on Twitter while in conversation?
I think it'll be just like having mobile phones. It'll be geeky at first and then gradually people will realise the benefit and join in. Personally, I'd like to be an early-adopter.

I think one of the first non-social-network-type applications that will really grab people is having maps available as you're walking/driving. No more having to glance at paper maps or a device on your dashboard, you'll have maps in a heads-up display.

The possibilities are endless.
Old 16th Apr 2013, 20:18   #11
Boswell
Ultramodder

Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boswell is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great so the times that I'm not using to record a video, I get to stare at the time all day.

[only wear them then when you want to take a POV picture/video]

No different from an ordinary camera then but lower quality.

[its hands free though]

So is a Go-pro and I have a feeling (albeit I haven't looked at the figures) that the Go-pro will be better quality.

It's a great gimmick that I'll probably end up buying myself one day
Old 16th Apr 2013, 22:27   #12
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Sadly, unless they do them with prescription lenses, I won't be able to use them
Old 16th Apr 2013, 22:31   #13
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd love to see how good these are for Sat-Nav while driving. Should be like your own heads up display.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2013, 22:32   #14
l3v1ck

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Sadly, unless they do them with prescription lenses, I won't be able to use them
I'm assuming they'll work if you wear contact lenses.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
Old 16th Apr 2013, 22:53   #15
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
I think I saw somewhere that they're going to make prescription glass too. And so I'm uber excited.
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2013, 08:08   #16
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v1ck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
I'm assuming they'll work if you wear contact lenses.
Sadly I can't wear contacts either
Old 17th Apr 2013, 09:07   #17
MachineUK
Minimodder

MachineUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think this technology has criminals and terrorists scared. Imagine, someone could be recording a crime and not even knowing it. Especially with face recognition.
Old 17th Apr 2013, 10:01   #18
mrbungle
Undercooked chicken giver

mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.mrbungle is definitely a rep cheat.
Not sure how this sits with me.

It's going to feel like everyone is a walking security camera. Least with a phone its fairly obvious people are taking a picture.

Not that I have anything to hide but it just seems a bit invasive.
Old 17th Apr 2013, 10:40   #19
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
People will be randomly walking down the street shouting out stuff, I'll be ringing the authorities and getting them committed lol
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2013, 11:15   #20
l3v1ck

I've just realised..... I'll be able to catch everyone who uses a mobile while driving on film.
I wonder how many dangerous drivers I can report to the police?

Tags
android, glassware, google glass, google mirror api, mirror api, project glass, wearable computer, wearable computing