bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Apr 2013, 10:12   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
NZXT announces Grid fan hub

Powers ten fans from a single Molex.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...17/nzxt-grid/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2013, 13:09   #2
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
They should create a version for 4-pin PWM fans, and then with a single PWM header from the hub to the motherboard.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2013, 15:20   #3
misterd
dremel eater

misterd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is there a reason devices such as this aren't using SATA power connectors? They're on every power supply now, and nothing else in my system uses molex anymore. On any of the modular power supplies I've used the molex ends are on a separate cable from the SATA ones. I like to keep things tidy. </rant>
Old 17th Apr 2013, 21:53   #4
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picarro
They should create a version for 4-pin PWM fans, and then with a single PWM header from the hub to the motherboard.
Thats what I thought as well at first but surely if you want PWM control then you would rather control fans individually or in sets and there are already fan controllers that offer that such as the in depth mCubed T-Balancer,

I don't really see the point of this though either as who wants up to 10 fans all running at full blast all the time? Especially as those with enough space to fit that many fans will have a case that either has an included fan controller or at least would be of a high enough value to mean that the buyer would not mind spending just a little more for a proper fan controller.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 15:10   #5
ziza
Multimodder

ziza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd
Is there a reason devices such as this aren't using SATA power connectors? They're on every power supply now, and nothing else in my system uses molex anymore. On any of the modular power supplies I've used the molex ends are on a separate cable from the SATA ones. I like to keep things tidy. </rant>
Agreed a SATA hub would be more useful, but many FAN do not come with such connectors.
per me si va tra la perduta gente
ziza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable management, cooling, fan controller, fan hub, fans, grid, molex, nzxt, nzxt grid, phantom 830, switch 810