bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Apr 2013, 13:52   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Twin Galaxies starts charging for score submissions

New fee structure costs up to $75.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...win-galaxies/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 14:25   #2
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
While I think charging for something like this is kinda lame, I'm sure the real reason behind this is to deter the kids who THINK they're really good but in actuality aren't at all. It's kind of like applying to the best college in your country - if the application is free, even the most un-qualified people will send in an application which is a real pain in the ass for the people who have to look at your stuff. Put a price in front of it and then only the people who are actually serious will pay.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 14:30   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
While I think charging for something like this is kinda lame, I'm sure the real reason behind this is to deter the kids who THINK they're really good but in actuality aren't at all.
Nah, it's a cash-grab by the new owners. Under the old Twin Galaxies rules, which didn't charge for submissions, a submission was only accepted if it broke an existing record. Nobody submitted a tape that showed 'em getting 100,000 on Donkey Kong, because the record was 86 million - you only submitted a tape if you'd broken that 86 million score.

If you've broken the 86 million score - without cheating - then there's no 'think' about it: you are really, really good.

(Incidentally, my high score on the rather crappy NES port of Donkey Kong, which misses out the conveyor stage? About 86,000. Yeah, I suck.)
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 14:36   #4
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
king of kong guys was treated badly... the mitchel guy is a giant Ass!
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arcade game, arcade gaming, chasing ghosts, esports, high score, king of kong, ottumwa, professional gaming, twin galaxies, walter day