bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Apr 2013, 18:28   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Giant six-legged robot built by UK animatronics enthusiast

An animatronics expert has built himself a giant six-legged robot in which to ride.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2013/04...-built-in-uk/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 19:12   #2
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
I think we are all thinking along these lines.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 20:58   #3
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Military Mech's are not that far off now, I say 5 years for a working prototype with the proper funding.

Maybe these guys could help out with making Mantis more agile?

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” - Frank Zappa
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 21:50   #4
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
While I think a hexapod is cool and I'm glad this guy managed to successfully make it, I think a quadropod would've been easier, more efficient, and cheaper, but only slightly less cool. I'm sure having an additional 2 legs helps with stability and getting a smoother ride but I'm not sure the cost difference was worth it. Also, if he was going to invest this much into such a project you'd think he'd look into a more efficient (or at least less polluting) fuel. Alternative fuels are really only a problem for cars since you need to find a gas station. I highly doubt this guy tries to fill up at a pump in this thing. Funny thought though.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 22:56   #5
srgtherasta
Supermodder

srgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for president
I remember seeing something like this on tomorrows world in the 80's. cool but abit pointless.
srgtherasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 23:29   #6
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
It would be useful back is 80's for TV show or movie. Today is really pointless. No way I would want this!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2013, 23:30   #7
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
"back is 80's" read it as "back IN 80's ".
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 08:58   #8
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag
While I think a hexapod is cool and I'm glad this guy managed to successfully make it, I think a quadropod would've been easier, more efficient, and cheaper, but only slightly less cool. I'm sure having an additional 2 legs helps with stability and getting a smoother ride but I'm not sure the cost difference was worth it. Also, if he was going to invest this much into such a project you'd think he'd look into a more efficient (or at least less polluting) fuel. Alternative fuels are really only a problem for cars since you need to find a gas station. I highly doubt this guy tries to fill up at a pump in this thing. Funny thought though.
Just on the fuel thing, there are very few alternatives to diesel that offer the same energy density and thus potential range - it is simply the most efficient choice given the desire to have this thing move under its own steam.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2013, 09:38   #9
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quick, pass me a rolled up newspaper
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2013, 03:17   #10
mstrchf
Minimodder

mstrchf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bet he plays chaos...