bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Apr 2013, 11:20   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Lost Planet 3 Preview

Snow, Aliens, A Giant Robot. It sure sounds like Lost Planet 3 has everything. Does it?
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2013/...ost-planet-3/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2013, 08:56   #2
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
I remember reading reviews for the first game, and it got panned for poor optimisation - frames dropped to a slideshow in places, apparently. I think it was a bigger hit on the consoles though.

Regardless, the reviews were enough to put me off, and I never got hooked in to the series. In fact, I don't think any of my mates has played them either - I accept that it's hardly a representative poll of the gamer population but, from my perspective, it's difficult to ignore it when combined with the poor reported reception on the PC - so I find it interesting (and commendable) that they've continued to develop for the PC.

Maybe I'll have a look at them...

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2013, 19:08   #3
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I enjoyed the first one quite a bit before my xbox red-ring-o-deathed and while I didn't care for the main characters too much or sometimes got lost in the later levels, I really enjoyed the style of gameplay. The on foot mechanics and mechs felt good enough and the weapons were easy to use and understand. The final boss was a total jerk though but just about every boss battle was really epic once you figured out a good strat.

I played 2 at a friends and we did maybe 2-3 levels and put it down because of how terrible it was.

I played the demo of LP3 at NY 2012 comic-con and enjoyed my time with it, not something I'd get at launch but maybe later on down the road.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:11   #4
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Game will get an average rating at best. Lettuce not kid ourselves when we know the outcome. It's a console game and an average one at that.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote