bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th May 2013, 13:02   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
When Is A Puzzle Not A Puzzle?

There's a few problems with Thomas Was Alone's gameplay design: it's a puzzler without the puzzle.
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2013/...not-a-puzzle/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 16:10   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
it's the sheer number of characters and they're fixed functions
Their?

I really enjoyed Thomas was alone to begin with. The writing's good, but as you say, it rarely feels like a challenge.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:45   #3
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got the same feeling when I played it last weekend (it's currently one of the PS+ titles) The story was far more interesting than the "puzzles". I felt it was more of a platformer than a puzzler.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 14:17   #4
scawp
Multimodder

scawp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Completely agree, towards the end it was simply "move here" rather than needing to work anything out, it felt like towards the end a lot of the rooms were just put in there to make what was a short game just that little big longer, to me I would have rather had a shorter game without the padding.
scawp is offline   Reply With Quote