bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th May 2013, 21:20   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Microsoft tells employees new Xbox won't require constant connection

Microsoft has seemingly confirmed that the new Xbox won't require an always-on Internet connection.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...n-blu-ray-tv/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 21:27   #2
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Do you not sleep/have time off work?

Also looks like a good move, always online is a pita
deathtaker27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 21:50   #3
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Meh, not fussed either way. Broadband round here has got to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore, unless on release day you cant turn it on because everyone else is trying to as well surprisingly :P
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 22:40   #4
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
If you read the initial document that caused all the fuss it never read like it was going to be "always on" in the sense that it has to be connected to the internet. It actually read more like it would be "always on" in the sense that it will be sat there in a standby mode where it can download updates etc when it's "switched off".
XFXScorpio911 PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T CORSAIR HYDRO H50 CORSAIR Force 3 120GB WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit Musings On The Technical World Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 23:59   #5
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Remember guys, your passwords expire after 30 days and need to meet the required complexity..." <- the email you never see at work.

"Don't forget guys, our always online console should work offline too!" <-supposed memo...
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 04:55   #6
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Even if MS decide to say that you don't need a constant internet connection to use the console it is still up to the game developers, Ubisoft and EA are already moving that way more and more.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 04:56   #7
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtaker27
I'm guessing not based in the UK... ;-)
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:23   #8
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
It might still work in a similar fashion to Steam, with games being locked to your ID on first play, with an internet connection required to activate, which can then operate in an offline mode.
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:30   #9
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness_3d View Post
If you read the initial document that caused all the fuss it never read like it was going to be "always on" in the sense that it has to be connected to the internet. It actually read more like it would be "always on" in the sense that it will be sat there in a standby mode where it can download updates etc when it's "switched off".
That's what switchable power strips are for, let's see it do anything without power

The OFF switch should turn a device off. Not Standby, not sleep, not deep sleep, just off.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 12:04   #10
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Thats what i think as well Cei, It would give gamers what they want an offline mode but it would also give publishers what they want reducing the 2nd hand games market.

Most EA games require a permanent internet connection to play on console either way if you want the full experience. Ubisoft are heading that direction with some of the features of there games. You can still play all games that EA makes but you lose a few things by not been online. ( Fifa ultimate team for example )
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 13:45   #11
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtaker27

Also looks like a good move, always online is a pita
We are, like inspector Gadget, always on duty.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 08:20   #12
SimonStern
Registered Lurker

SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
We are, like inspector Gadget, always on duty.
Wowzers! Loved that show.

I too dislike any always online, phone home, or subscription based games/software. Tomorrow, in a month, or in ten years, I want to be able to play the game I spent my money on. Just as I can still play my NES and Megadrive/Genesis games from 20+ years ago. Though I still won't get one it's a good move they changed course.