bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th May 2013, 10:10   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Microsoft confirms Windows Blue is coming

Windows 8.1 heading for release this year.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...ue-confirmed/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:45   #2
ev1lm1nd666
Multimodder

ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
"while claiming it work mark a move" *would?

Back on subject, looks like a nice update, have been wanting more re-size options on the start screen for a while now
Old 7th May 2013, 10:54   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1lm1nd666 View Post
"while claiming it work mark a move" *would?
Whoopsie - fixed, ta!
Old 7th May 2013, 11:42   #4
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah as simple as it sounds the resizing on the Windows Phone tiles with 7.8 and 8 actually made a big difference. Why it wasn't added in the first place to Windows 8 is a little baffling.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 12:44   #5
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just me that sees Windows Blue and think's it's going to add a lot of naughty gags and puns to the interface?
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 13:52   #6
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Just me that sees Windows Blue and think's it's going to add a lot of naughty gags and puns to the interface?
So your waiting for windows burlesque. ......

On a serious note looks like a good move by MS
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 8.1 (update1) Pro 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 15:55   #7
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm looking forward to this for sure, especially if they sort out some of the present multi monitor issues such as minimizing any Metro apss when you activate something on the desktop on the secondary monitor.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 22:39   #8
SAimNE
Multimodder

SAimNE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they should just have a keyboard combo and multifinger gesture that switches between classic mode and metro... basically would just switch to the windows screen and all of the metro links would be linked into the start bar.... and a laptop mode where motion gestures arent used/needed _-_
SAimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 00:07   #9
SexyHyde
Supermodder

SexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the DremelSexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How much will it be if you haven't got Win 8? If it's £200~ then they can suck a duck.
SexyHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 00:15   #10
blackworx
Cable Wrangler

blackworx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meanwhile, others are baffled at the lack of BSOD gags surrounding this news.
blackworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 09:51   #11
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I think they missing the loads of people who purchased a windows 8 upgrade for £25 but haven't installed it yet. I did but after using Windows 8 at work and finding it horrible I won't be installing it on my rig at home. Maybe I will when Blue is released.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 09:58   #12
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I know I'd be happier if Windows told me a filthy mother-in-law joke with a Lancashire accent every time I fired it up.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:59   #13
impar
2n-1

impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_chegg View Post
I think they missing the loads of people who purchased a windows 8 upgrade for £25 but haven't installed it yet.
Like myself. The annoyance of installing W8, customizing it to my liking (die metro!) and have all programs installed doesnt justify the improvements W8 brings.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:28   #14
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've just read somewhere that they've shifted 100 Million copies of Windows 8 in all it's guises. That's not too bad actually.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:36   #15
impar
2n-1

impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
I've just read somewhere that they've shifted 100 Million ...
... licenses sold to OEMs...
Quote:
... in all it's guises.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:58   #16
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
I've just read somewhere that they've shifted 100 Million copies of Windows 8 in all it's guises. That's not too bad actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Reller also revealed that, despite concerns regarding its user experience, Windows 8 sales are tracking those of Windows 7 quite nicely: like its predecessor, Windows 8 has sold 100 million licences in the first six months of availability - meaning rumours that the operating system was being ignored by buyers are untrue.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:03   #17
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

I was referring to RT as well and not just the cheap upgrade and OEM's of Windows 8
Old 8th May 2013, 13:06   #18
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_chegg View Post
I think they missing the loads of people who purchased a windows 8 upgrade for £25 but haven't installed it yet. I did but after using Windows 8 at work and finding it horrible I won't be installing it on my rig at home. Maybe I will when Blue is released.
I hope there is an early upgrade offer. I bought all my Win8 upgrades for £14.99 each, extremely well worth it in my book.

Tags
annual release cycle, bit of blue for the dads, metro ui, microsoft, modern ui, saucy upgrade, tami reller, windows, windows 7, windows 8.1, windows blue, windows phone