bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th May 2013, 10:35   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nvidia boasts of record profit margins

Kepler growth shores up flagging Tegra.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...idia-profits/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 10:52   #2
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
They're a good business, making good products - I'd be surprised to hear anything else. That the share price hasn't risen much means **** all tbh, this is a company which is fairly valued on the market right now.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 12:22   #3
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Not a big surprise to see tegra 3 suffering its old now in truth.

How much business Tegra 4 has picked up is much more intresting or the complete lack of. If nvidia had said samsungs sg4 was going tegra 4 when it launched the shares would be up huge.

Instead nvidia has got no confirmed products for tegra 4 accept what it is making in project shield. The fact qualcomm already picked up the biggest player in the andriod market place for a high end smartphone means nvidia will struggle to get its tegra 4 chips into another Smartphone that has the volume required to make it worthwhile.

The andriod tablet market place is still alot of low end tablets that would be ill suited to a high end chip like tegra4 due to cost. The nexus refresh maybe nvidias best shot at getting into a tablet that sells at a high enough price to warrant the inclusion of this high end chip.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 01:45   #4
Fused
Multimodder

Fused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run CrysisFused can run Crysis
Financial Year 2014?
Old 11th May 2013, 05:10   #5
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fused
Financial Year 2014?
Yeah, financial years don't necessarily line up with calendar years. Seems a little ahead of the curve that it would appear the 4th month of the calendar year is the ending of the 1st quarter of the fiscal year that's ahead of the calendar year already (meaning the bulk of their FY 2014 will be in CY 2013), but corporations are strange like that sometimes.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 07:11   #6
metalgearhathaway
What's a Dremel?

metalgearhathaway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The only reason other elements of the PC market are stalling is because people like me brought i5/i7 based systems that even after 3-4 years are still performing on the cutting edge as long as they are matched with a good graphics card.

MY i7 920 do is clocked at 3.8ghz, it ran lovely in the beginning with my GTX460 and now it kicks as still with a GTX670, it almost makes me wonder whether my core system will get away with one final gfx card update before bites the dust, if it doesn't then I will still have had 6 years high end gaming use and that beats all my previous built systems by 4 years!
metalgearhathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 11:03   #7
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxtatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fused
Financial Year 2014?
Yeah, financial years don't necessarily line up with calendar years. Seems a little ahead of the curve that it would appear the 4th month of the calendar year is the ending of the 1st quarter of the fiscal year that's ahead of the calendar year already (meaning the bulk of their FY 2014 will be in CY 2013), but corporations are strange like that sometimes.
What 'e said. This is one of the things you have to be careful of when you're comparing two companies' past performance: Nvidia's Q1FY12 is almost certainly covering a different calendar period to AMD's Q1FY12, while Intel's Q1FY12 is another period again. Why yes, it is annoying. See also: magazine cover dates, where you end up with the March issue popping up on shop shelves at the end of December...
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 05:32   #8
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Honestly, I wanted a Tegra 3 phone on Verizon. I was waiting on the Droid Bionic when it was first announced to have the chipset. It never happened. I ended up with a Droid X2. So Nvidia, its your fault you failed to deliver a decent LTE model at the time.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
financial, geforce, geforce grid, gpgpu, gpu, grid, jen-hsun huang, karen burns, kepler, nvidia, rob csongor, tegra, tesla