bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th May 2013, 12:23   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Silicon Knights closes office and sells kit

Silicon Knights appears to be circling the drain as the studio closes its offices and sells off its equipment.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nd-sells-kit/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 13:33   #2
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
...it is still yet to fund for bankruptcy.

"file"

another one bites the dust
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 14:44   #3
Scroome
Hypermodder

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I really hope the 'spritual successor' to Eternal Darkness doesn't turn in to a steaming turd.

Although I have my doubts.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 18:04   #4
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroome
I really hope the 'spritual successor' to Eternal Darkness doesn't turn in to a steaming turd.

Although I have my doubts.
Same, that was a really awesome game and deserved more attention.
Old 10th May 2013, 20:42   #5
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
Same, that was a really awesome game and deserved more attention.
Agreed. No game has ever given me so many "is this actually happening?!" moments... The fact it was on the GameCube was probably the reason it isn't held in the same regard as the likes of the original Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

The best part for me was when the game decided to make my character grow just enough to not be able to fit through doors, so I was stuck in a room with a bunch of constantly spawning zombies. Because of the panic of the enemies slowly spawning faster than I could kill them I didn't even realise my character had a sudden 1' growth spurt. After a couple of increasingly frustrating minutes my screen went black like the TV went into standby, just as I was about to reset the console (thinking the game had full on broke itself) the screen flashed back up and I was in the middle of the room, on my own, like nothing happened. I genuinely had to sit there for a couple of minutes to contemplate what the frack just happened.
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 21:38   #6
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
Agreed. No game has ever given me so many "is this actually happening?!" moments... The fact it was on the GameCube was probably the reason it isn't held in the same regard as the likes of the original Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

The best part for me was when the game decided to make my character grow just enough to not be able to fit through doors, so I was stuck in a room with a bunch of constantly spawning zombies. Because of the panic of the enemies slowly spawning faster than I could kill them I didn't even realise my character had a sudden 1' growth spurt. After a couple of increasingly frustrating minutes my screen went black like the TV went into standby, just as I was about to reset the console (thinking the game had full on broke itself) the screen flashed back up and I was in the middle of the room, on my own, like nothing happened. I genuinely had to sit there for a couple of minutes to contemplate what the frack just happened.
lol yup, the sanity effects were so fun in that game, and very original. But, GC had a lot of amazing games, including the remake of RE1. By the time of GC's retirement, it had a lot of games that I would consider classics in the future, albeit, it had a greater amount of crappy games compared to other consoles.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 23:35   #7
BeauchN
Supermodder

BeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sorry to say but in para 2 "...a small number of employees is based..." should read "a small number employees are based..." Singular/Plural?

BeauchN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 23:37   #8
BeauchN
Supermodder

BeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming SaiyanBeauchN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Unless it is a singular small employee!

BeauchN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 00:54   #9
mute1
Multimodder

mute1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
'A small number (of employees) IS ...'

So 'is' is correct, since 'a small number' is the subject of the clause.
mute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 06:43   #10
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The guys on the Giant Bombcast were just talking about SK and questioned how SK was still around seeing as how virtually all of the SK employees are listed as employees for Precursor. Guess we have our answer now lol.