bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th May 2013, 09:39   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Fierce PC Prodigy GT Review

A high-end but compact mini-ITX gaming PC, pre-built and with a 2 year warranty.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs...c-prodigy-gt/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 09:59   #2
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
From an aesthetics point of view, I can see why people go for these type of cases, but in the long run your severely limiting the upgrade potential and therefore they just seem 'dead end' systems.

Every purchase you make is based on 'will it fit?' , I'd hate to limit myself to such a degree when the inevitable upgrade itch needs to be scratched.

Oh, BTW, after calling you guys out last week on the quality of the photographs used for case reviews, these are FAR better, keep it up!!
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 10:56   #3
SAimNE
Multimodder

SAimNE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
people buy these systems mainly for comps that need to be portable.... and really this case has an extremely surprising amount of space to work with when you consider its convenience in that subject..... basically if you are just going to have a tower... go with atx or extended mobos and a full tower... plenty of room, airflow, and space for whatver you may need.... but if you end up trying to take the COSMOS II to a lan party.... you will have regrets quickly
SAimNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 11:02   #4
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (169.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer 81.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (55.92 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard (95.95 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (49.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (159.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (46.20 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (289.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case (65.72 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (53.50 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (15.85 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) (100.79 @ Aria PC)
Total: 1103.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-13 11:08 BST+0100)

there isn't much of an upcharge here, not a bad deal if you don't want to assemble it yourself

Last edited by docodine; 13th May 2013 at 11:08.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 11:03   #5
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No psu in the spec. I would like to know thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 13:33   #6
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dactone
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Fierce PC has opted for a 650W Fractal Design Integra 80+ Bronze PSU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (53.50 @ Ebuyer)
Hope that helps...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:34   #7
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dactone View Post
From the pictures on the first page, it is a Fractal Design Integra 650w.

Specs for that PSU can be found here.
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 09:33   #8
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What case does this use?
Old 14th May 2013, 09:44   #9
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty
What case does this use?
The BitFenix Prodigy...
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 09:44   #10
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What colour?
Old 14th May 2013, 09:46   #11
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
purple i think
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 09:49   #12
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

^ He gets it
Old 15th May 2013, 12:59   #13
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
What colour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine
purple i think
Really? I could have sworn it was that bright Dyno-Rod Orange...

Actually, that would be an awesome colour........

Andy Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 13:03   #14
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

You wish is (almost) Bitfenix's command:

Old 15th May 2013, 13:34   #15
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
You wish is (almost) Bitfenix's command:

Doesn't make my eyes bleed enough. But still it's a nice looking case.

Andy Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 13:36   #16
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Yeah spraying the metal fluorescent orange would be straightforward enough, but the feet/handles would be tricky to get a good finish on.