bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th May 2013, 11:42   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Review

It was acceptable in the 80s, is it acceptable now?
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2013/...blood-dragon/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 11:53   #2
guvnar
Modder

guvnar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Blimey! Late to the party with this review?!
guvnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 12:02   #3
Spuzzell
Multimodder

Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It took me 8 hours and 7 minutes of gleeful OTT shooting to complete it 100%, which for £12 is great value. Anyone about to start it though, play it on hard, really honestly do!

Rex starts off as an overpowered badass and only gets stronger as the game goes on.
Spuzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 12:49   #4
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A review with out a score ?
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:00   #5
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I enjoyed every part of this game, right down to the 80's Terminator feel (I love how he reloads his shotgun). Yeah the game was short, but for the price, I felt like I got a lot out of it.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:00   #6
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
a review without mentioning anything about the gameplay other than its based on farcry 3 mechanics. I usually love the reviews but it feels like i missed a page on what this games like.
Old 14th May 2013, 13:10   #7
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
A review with out a score ?
80% (need the not sure if serious meme -> 80% = 80's reference? )

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:18   #8
Rich Hall
What's a Dremel?

Rich Hall has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The soundtrack’s probably the best part of the entire production. It’s mostly handled by video-game focused rockers Power Glove. They’re better known for complex Epic Metal covers of classic games (Red wings over baron for example), but here they’ve dug out a variety of synths that provide an appropriate score for the setting
powerglove the metal band from boston

Power Glove the electronic (new retro wave) duo from melbourne aus
Rich Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 13:38   #9
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
^ Yeah Mat you'll probably want to change that soundtrack part.
Old 14th May 2013, 13:59   #10
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't want to be negative, but Bit's game reviews recently have been pretty poor. This review in particular reads like it was cobbled together in about five minutes and tells me almost nothing about the game in question save that it doesn't quite work. For a game that's "nothing if not unique and worth seeing", I'd expect the reviewer to actually point out some unique features or mention exactly what's worth seeing As adam_bagpuss noted above, there's almost nothing at all about the gameplay, and other than pointing out that the game has an OTT 80's vibe (which is pretty obvious from the screenshots and trailers published elsewhere), there's not much content to see here.

I'm not trying to hate on Mat's work, but this is not Bit's finest work
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 21:21   #11
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Are those screen captures meant to be viewed in 3D or does the game really look that garish?

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 09:40   #12
Spuzzell
Multimodder

Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPyrinc
Are those screen captures meant to be viewed in 3D or does the game really look that garish?
There's something a bit weird and fuzzy about these specific captures. On my PC the visuals are very clean and easy on the eye, but the game has dragons that shoot lasers out of their eyes, and metal sharks, and cyborg enemies with neon blue mechanical hearts, and.. basically, have you ever played lasertag in a dry ice filled complex with beams flashing everywhere and neon tubes turning everything into some apocalyptic awesome shooty rave?

Its like that. Turned up to 11. Million.
Spuzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 13:44   #13
blacko
Multimodder

blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.
no mention of the killstar...possibly the best weapon since the BFG9000 from Doom2?
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 18:35   #14
S1W1
Multimodder

S1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_bagpuss View Post
a review without mentioning anything about the gameplay other than its based on farcry 3 mechanics. I usually love the reviews but it feels like i missed a page on what this games like.
As suggested in the review, the gameplay is pretty much the same as FC3's, so it doesn't necessarily need to be repeated.
AMD X6 1090T OC @ 3.75GHZ | Corsair H50 cooler | 8GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHZ | Asus M4N98TD Evo Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC| XFX 750W Black Edition PSU | Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 HDD | 300GB WD Velociraptor | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | NZXT Hades mid tower with red LEDS and engraved side panels | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | Asus Xonar DX |
=== Alienware M11X R3 laptop ===
S1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 04:25   #15
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Review is dross - complaints about the "self-awareness" of the game, then this little gem:

"...hav[ing] your character wonder what’s fun about collecting a variety of stupid items when you’re probably wondering the same thing."

A game that can pull such a feat off while still being fun to play is, in my mind, unquestionably a success. And that is the most glaring slight the reviewer gave this game - not mentioning how much damn FUN Blood Dragon is. If you quit trying to be so hipster and take the story ever so slightly at face value it's actually a pretty frickin' sweet 80's action movie. Sorry the reviewer didn't "get" this game - he probably thinks Far Cry 3 was better, and that, sadly, would say a LOT.

Where the hell is Card Joe?
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote