bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th May 2013, 08:34   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus reveals Z87 Motherboard Range

Asus reveals Z87 Motherboard Range including new TUF, ROG and mini-ITX boards

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2013/05...rboard-range/1
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:00   #2
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
"Bit-tech actually attended an event in Amsterdam a few weeks ago" wink! wink! nudge! nudge! Say no more!!!

"Sadly we don't have any performance or overclocking details at this point" Too busy doing something else Aye!!!!

Even Fernando Torres proved last night that anyone can "Score" in Amsterdam
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:02   #3
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No PCI slots. That would mean losing my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G. No buy.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:08   #4
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Cant say im a lover of the gold and yellow color scheme, and while the new CPU fan header is nice wouldn't most people just splash the 10-15 on a 4 pin fan ?

I do like the sound of the history and notes feature in the UEFI BIOS though, as it will save having to make notes on what settings you changed last OC attempt when the stress test fails five hours later.

But personally im going to skip Haswell and wait for Skylake.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:16   #5
Combatus

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42
the new CPU fan header is nice wouldn't most people just splash the 10-15 on a 4 pin fan ?
If you're going for premium fans such as Scythe GT or SilverStone Air Penetrator then very few of these have 4-pin PWM connectors (not the same as 4-pin molex you understand - that's different!). This way you could even hook up a 3-way 3-pin fan adaptor and hook several fans up too.
Old 16th May 2013, 09:20   #6
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Who the hell came up with that color scheme?!
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:22   #7
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle
No PCI slots. That would mean losing my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G. No buy.
You can't expect them to hold to PCI for ever and can always use a PCI-Express to PCI riser riser card.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the 'Hero'... Seems to have all the benefits and expansion slots of higher end boards and hopefully will cost the same as the Gene m-ATX. Sounds like a win, win to me.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:23   #8
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow those are some spectacularly ugly boards!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:27   #9
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
It's great to see the motherboard industry has come down to fan controllers to differentiate themselves. We really need some better ones. I was fed up with Gigabyte Z68's fan controller so decided to buy a dedicated piece of hardware.

But a simple toggle in the EFI will do the job, the fancy fan socket just gold plated excessive engineering.
Old 16th May 2013, 09:37   #10
rici1241
Hypermodder

rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.rici1241 is definitely a rep cheat.
I like the look of the maximus vi hero and the sabertooth gryphon, but the rest look ugly.
Old 16th May 2013, 09:46   #11
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I am very tempted to replace my million year old original i7 920 with haswell. Roll on June!
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 09:59   #12
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.Corky42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
If you're going for premium fans such as Scythe GT or SilverStone Air Penetrator then very few of these have 4-pin PWM connectors
Depends what you call premium are you going for low noise, high air flow or good static pressure. Sure some fans don't come in PWM flavors but its not like you cant find one to match what characteristic your looking for.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:01   #13
TrevDX
Ah Who Cares Anyway???

TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So the ROG Hero is effectively the Z87's ROG Gene or do you reckon there will be a Gene as well?

I am going to be looking for a ROG m-ATX board for my new build.

Steam : TrevDX
TrevDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 10:44   #14
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
TrevDX, you're reading that wrong. They're saying that the Hero (which is clearly ATX sized) will cost about the same as the Gene does today, not replacing the Gene. I would definitely expect a VI Gene for this chipset, due to the popularity of the series.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 10:47   #15
Combatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevDX
So the ROG Hero is effectively the Z87's ROG Gene or do you reckon there will be a Gene as well?

Yep we can confirm there will be a Gene. Everything else is under wraps!
Old 16th May 2013, 10:52   #16
TrevDX
Ah Who Cares Anyway???

TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
TrevDX, you're reading that wrong. They're saying that the Hero (which is clearly ATX sized) will cost about the same as the Gene does today, not replacing the Gene. I would definitely expect a VI Gene for this chipset, due to the popularity of the series.
That's the issue with trying to read quickly whilst at work Also the picture seemed a bit deceptive, still all good now.

Steam : TrevDX
TrevDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 12:37   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevDX View Post

We've announced

Extreme
Gene
Hero

so far
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 12:55   #18
ashchap
Multimodder

ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.ashchap is definitely a rep cheat.
I've been using speedfan to control 3-pin fans with no extra hardware for about 10 years now... what's the big deal?
ashchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 13:09   #19
Corky42
Mod Master

I don't think these pictures do the black & gold board justis, i just found another picture with it in a black case and it looks sooo much better.
Old 16th May 2013, 13:22   #20
Pookie
I Can Use The 3 Sea Shells

Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.
Just to go against the grain here but I think the color scheme on these boards looks awesome
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / i7 920@3.8Ghz / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote