bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st May 2013, 18:21   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Xbox One announced as next-gen Microsoft games console

Microsoft has finally unveiled its next-gen games console the Xbox One.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ames-console/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 18:28   #2
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
As I mentioned in the other article, it's freakin' hideous. Although the updated controller and kinect certainly look interesting. It couldn't have taken more than 15 minutes to design that enclosure though, with the majority of that 15 minutes used to finish eating lunch.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 18:28   #3
Spuzzell
Multimodder

Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Spuzzell - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
So for just 300 I can watch live TV on my TV?

SOLD.
Spuzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 18:33   #4
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
As I mentioned in the other article, it's freakin' hideous.
Compared to PS4 it at least looks like a real product.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:39   #5
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Compared to PS4 it at least looks like a real product.
Hehe true enough, still disappointed though. I actually liked the look of both the original and slim Xbox 360s. Forza 5 certainly looks very pretty though.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:40   #6
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
The Xbox One. Seriously!? Someone teach their marketing department to count ffs.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 18:46   #7
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I actually quite like the look of it's plain simple smooth lines and I'm no console fan.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 18:56   #8
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
Also the live feed has stopped working. Bravo microsoft. Bravo.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:14   #9
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
FIVE BILLION TRANSISTORS!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, when did that become a metric of performance?
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:15   #10
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Also the live feed has stopped working. Bravo microsoft. Bravo. *snip*
Hmm, I never had a single issue with the livestream, was one of the few areas I was actually very impressed with. The PS4 reveal stream was an utter shambles by comparison, was simply impossible to get running at all for a lot of the event.

Sad they ended it on CoD though, the game looks damn awful. I'm not sure what their lighting department is doing over at IW, but they should do a better job. The shoddy lighting means the game doesn't look much better than a 360 title. Comparing it to the BF4 footage or even BF3 is embarrassing.

Find it interesting how the most exciting reveal for me from the entire event wasn't even to do with the console itself, but was the Halo TV series. I really enjoyed FUD, and with a good budget and with Steven Spielberg at the helm, it could be really good. Of course it could also quite easily not live up to the hype, something Spielberg is certainly good at too.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:16   #11
faugusztin

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
FIVE BILLION TRANSISTORS!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, when did that become a metric of performance?
About the same time the most important parameter for a graphics card became the RAM on it .
Old 21st May 2013, 19:19   #12
ajfsound
Multimodder

ajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for president
I wonder whether it will be 8gb of gddr5, like on the ps4.... If not it will surely give the edge to Sony.
ajfsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:20   #13
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
Hmm, I never had a single issue with the livestream, was one of the few areas I was actually very impressed with. The PS4 reveal stream was an utter shambles by comparison, was simply impossible to get running at all for a lot of the event.
My livestream died several times, then just stopped working totally. Both Sony and Microsoft fail at streaming, which is a bit odd considering they both push cloud/online services and Microsoft just bragged about how many servers they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfsound View Post
I wonder whether it will be 8gb of gddr5, like on the ps4.... If not it will surely give the edge to Sony.
It's DDR3 with 32MB of ESRAM in the SOC to try and speed things up a bit.
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:25   #14
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.Harlequin is definitely a rep cheat.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1934607...ouncement.html

sony share price gone up 8% since xbox reveal.... and MS have fallen
Old 21st May 2013, 19:28   #15
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sooooo, the last project you worked on was a hitachi top loading VCR, and you want to design our new console? Welcome aboard!!!
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:29   #16
faugusztin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
sony share price gone up 8% since xbox reveal.... and MS have fallen
To be honest, that is pretty stupid reaction. PS4 is just a console. XBOX One is a console plus a media centre. While for gaming PS4 looks a bit better, in overall aspect XBOX One is probably going to sell better on the same grounds as PS3 was bought at start - as a media device. The reaction probably overestimates the effect of the gamer community and underestimates the effect of the causal and media community.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:33   #17
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like it, I think it look good. Let's hope it don't sound like a vacuum this time aye.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:42   #18
ajfsound
Multimodder

ajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for presidentajfsound should be considered for president
Quote:
It's DDR3 with 32MB of ESRAM in the SOC to try and speed things up a bit.
How this competes with the bandwidth difference that GDDR5 brings will be interesting.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:43   #19
Stanley Tweedle
Ultramodder

Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stanley Tweedle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
8gb ram, 500gb hard disk? This is gonna be one hell of a PC beater. It will beat the PC for years to come. It's a game changer. Apparently they've also redesigned the ring of death. It now has a different colour and flashes to indicate the severity of the console failure. I can't wait to buy one. I'm gonna sell my PC.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Stanley Tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 19:45   #20
ajfsound
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle
8gb ram, 500gb hard disk? This is gonna be one hell of a PC beater. It will beat the PC for years to come. It's a game changer. Apparently they've also redesigned the ring of death. It now has a different colour and flashes to indicate the severity of the console failure. I can't wait to buy one. I'm gonna sell my PC.
My spidey sense is tingling