1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Acrylic ITX by Parvum Systems - Finished - Final photos & iSeries!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 24 May 2013.

1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Project:
    Acrylic ITX
    by: Parvum Systems

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sponsors/Support:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back again!
    Been putting in some hours after work to get Shaun's LAN rig set for Summer iSeries. I'm afraid this time a lot of the CNC process, bending & machining will be left out. Simply because we don't have much time at the moment. Work is very busy and it's hard enough to work on a personal case in our spare time as it is.

Here is a photo of the Onwards and upwards build that is now finished. This should give you a good idea of the direction this project will take:

[​IMG]

Moving straight in then. First like to say a big thank you to Adrian over at Speicaltech. Adrian has actually shown a huge intrest in us and our cases since day one. We've been in regular contact since and he has been very helpful. So the guys over at tech have covered all the watercooling for this rig. A few photos of what we plan to cram in this little case:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next followed the horrible hours of drawing and brainstorming. This becomes extremely difficult when half of the hardware you've yet to source and the available technical drawings online are to a minimum:

[​IMG]

Finally got to a decent stage to start cutting. The finished blue panels:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We then cut the white. Lots of 45° features in this project. Double layer for the bottom of the case with cubes attached:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then putting everything together:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we bend the chamber section. Test cut only. Obviously subject to change to suit the motherboard, RAM & block etc. 2 very tight 45° bends on this one. Hopefully will squeeze a couple of pass through connectors into the 45° section at a later date. A lot to figure out still but here is it so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all this time folks. Got some more bits showing up next week so we will try and put the hours in and keep this project rolling well!

Thanks for reading everyone. Sorry there isn't much eye candy yet!

Last edited: 21 Aug 2013
  2. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Ohh wow :D!
    Cant whait to check this project out, the last one was just amazing!

I wish i could afford one of those, would have been an awsome case to build in :D

3. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Looks good justin ill keep a tab on this!

4. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Wow that thing looks diddy. Looking forward to updates!

5. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks mate, should be a fun one... unusually large amount of hardware and acrylic tubing for this ITX... hmm

Thanks for the kind words! Get one of the ITXs in the future maybe ;D

:naughty:

6. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Oh-new cool case fron Parvum. Nice!

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks Pranja! Got a few ideas so hopefully introduce some new techniques and ideas into this build!

8. Piotrek_PL

Piotrek_PL What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome! ITX builds are now trendy I think.
    May I ask where did you buy those threaded cubes? I found it only in one shop - buerklin.com. Can't find it anywhere else, not to mention Poland...

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Your cases really do look fantastic. And with the range of colours of acrylic available, the choice and combinations is practically endless! Loved the last build and looking forward to see what you do here

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

They could well be the next vogue thing. Now lets try Acrylic tubing inside ITX... we can push the trend hard :D
    Unfortunately we order them in massive bulk from the manufacturer. We have had a few enquirers about reselling them but as current don't have any to spare. We have a big order to for fill so they are all accounted for sadly.

Thanks for the kind words. It's one of the nicest things. The combos are almost endless. Been wanting to do a rather feminine case with a baby pink for a long time but not had the calling for it. It's nice as most other manufactures with cheaper materials have colour matching problems so its select colours only.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Looking at different acrylics for the panels on my build and there's so many and not just plain colours. I've seen some with gold flecks in, 2 way mirror finishes and vario perspex which looks quite funky.

12. BBEG

BBEG What's a Dremel?

Subbed for custom work in my favorite form factor. Yay ITX!

13. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Yeah we actually sell the case with golden accents. Really nice shade. I've seen some pretty wild sparkle acrylic but sadly it was only 3mm thick.

Thanks (Y)! Hopefully this will display putting a crazy amount of w/c into a very small case. I like a lot of the ITX builds out there but personally I feel the internals should actually be seen rather than hidden by a GPU or PSU completely in the way.

14. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Subbing this dude, it looks amazing so far. I'm hoping to pick up an S1.0 in the near future :D

15. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Consider this a sub! Big fan of your previous build, and a big fan of you case!
    I have an amazing idea for a build in this case, but I'd never be able to finance it in my situation (16 years old, no job anymore, parents hating on my computer building hobby and forbidding me to do it ("But what if you break it? That'd be €700 thrown into the trash can!")) :(
    But anyway, I already like where this is going, and I like this colour scheme, so I'm already blown away :D

16. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Yay...

Enough said!
    Can't wait guys make me happy! :D

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Awesome! Means a lot. Seen quiet a few builds starting to service now and its the best feeling :)

Haha I remember that feeling all to well. How about calling in the help of some others to ensure it wont be thrown in the trash! I actually remember my first build/mod with the lian li pc x1000... I think I pretty much jigsawed it to pieces and then eventually gave up on it :D

Update to follow today Phame! Thanks :D next update will be even more funnnn!!!

18. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Excellent as usual!
    Im going into ITX too so interested in your concept,mine is different as you have already seen but I am keen to see where you go with this.

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

31 May Hardware & Cooling installed

Project:
    Acrylic ITX
    by: Parvum Systems

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sponsors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back again!

First up then we want to introduce OCUK as a hardware sponsor on this build. OCUK have been on board with Parvum from a very early stage. We must say they are a great bunch of people there and we are very happy to be teamed up. Thanks again to Rich for setting this up.

They have dropped us a lovely Asrock board and a Haswell chip, first things first... kit it out with the waterblocks:

[​IMG]

Next a few changes to the mid wall for cable management & standoffs installed:

[​IMG]

Made a little base for the pump as we needed it to be 5mm higher:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Installed in the case with some test fittings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

160mm rad and 80mm fans installed. A grill and some kind of shroud be added later:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Test fit of the side/PSU panel with the 120mm rad and scythe fan. Very tight... LOL airflow much?? :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now we install the XSPC reservoir. Suits our vision well, I mean after all... why not show off all the brilliant W/C gear to its fullest potential! Biggest pet peeve is ITX cases that just hide.. everything!

So with the reservoir:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats it for now. We had to change the bottom chamber as you may well have seen, the rad has moved from bottom to front and the chamber will be completely different. More on this next time.

Thanks for reading. Peace out.

Last edited: 31 May 2013
  20. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

It is cute little case. But it has power to bite off your hand. :D

May I ask-what thicknes of plexi are you using with that case-is that 6 mm?