bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th May 2013, 08:59   #1
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Blizzard's Titan reduces team and starts again

The next-generation MMO, Titan, has been set-back with the team reduced in size.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nd-starts-ag/1
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 09:04   #2
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
restarting from the ground up oO

really hope this doesn't go the way of star craft: ghost

with this delayed blizz have 3 titles for the next 2 years;

Diablo 3 exp pak 1 (next year early or late this year) , WOW exp pak 5 (next year end) and SC2 exp pak 2.

whats the odds , its being rebuilt to make it console friendly thanks to the big tie up with the PS4?
Old 29th May 2013, 09:24   #3
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Well what we know about Titan is only that it's set to be a MMO with a "wider target crowd" than WoW. So who know why they decided to restart the project.
Reducing the team size that much also makes me think it might a case of too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak.

though I too hope that this is not the way of things to come, and the project ending up as SC: Ghost
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:03   #4
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Blizzard delaying a game? Imagine that.

I played the heck out of Diablo, D2, and LOD, but I must say D3 lost its luster quickly. In part, I blame the built in auction house and the difficulty scaling. Inferno difficulty was dang near impossible to play with "found" gear. Every item my level 60 char monk wears was bought via the gold auction house. Great gear and you can still die in Inferno if you get an unlucky combination of skills on a boss group.

SC2 was fun. I think the AI is really well developed at higher difficulties, but I get my but kicked on multiplayer with random real people because I can't micro worth a crap. Never got into WOW or any other MMO for that matter. I probably won't even touch Titan (especially if it requires a monthly subscription).

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Thermaltake Smart M 850W - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:07   #5
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Its unlikely to require a monthly subscription I think - Blizz are currently experimenting with the f2p model which is their excuse for making that new card game of theirs.

Anyway, if they looked at it and decided it wasnt worth releasing like it was, then good for them EA would have bundled that bad boy out the window.
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 00:23   #6
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
frankly I think this is hilarious. They are delaying until 2016, which in Blizz terms, means it will see a release circa 2020. Good luck seeing this one anytime soon.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:41   #7
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
the link to the article is dead, or is that only for me?
Old 31st May 2013, 09:43   #8
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogomip
Anyway, if they looked at it and decided it wasnt worth releasing like it was, then good for them EA would have bundled that bad boy out the window.
So true!
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote